6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

Mullet 10-15-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by AverageJoe (Post 3665420)
I am very surprised the UGR cars didn't fare better.

Did they have mechanical issues? Traction issues?

I figured they would have a major advantage (mostly traction) over the big HP rwd cars...vettes, vipers etc.

traction issues. 888's just won't hold the power we are using. I'm fairly certain all the UGR G's are all in one piece.

We are doing our homework, not to worry. :)

Pizzamangtr 10-15-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3665431)
There were more than 1 UR cars there. They can't all have had the same issues.

The GTR platform that, in the past lost to UR top end packages, came out on top this time.

A couple weeks ago I posted I thought higher powered RWD platforms could be competitive, many members here thought I was nuts. Props to LMR and Mr. Hollywood to throw it down and represent the RWD platforms!

You are nuts! Lol! But good call bro! That pro efi is awesome stuff, if that's what they are still using.

AverageJoe 10-15-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3665437)
traction issues. 888's just won't hold the power we are using. I'm fairly certain all the UGR G's are all in one piece.

We are doing our homework, not to worry. :)

Gotcha.

Does UGR use the traction control features motec has?

300 10-15-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by AverageJoe (Post 3665454)
Gotcha.

Does UGR use the traction control features motec has?

Even if they do, traction control is not as effective with AWD as it is with a RWD car.

A RWD car can reference the front wheel speed(Not spinning of course!) and make it so the rear wheels spin a specified percentage faster than the non driven fronts.

AWD has no such luxury!

For AWD, when the fronts are spinning as well, it is kind of like the Star Trek movie when they time travelled to save the whales. Spock was the only person who Captain Kirk trusted to do the calculation for time travel because gravity was no longer a constant;) LOL!

When LMR hits 186 MPH, were going to see some serious ****! LOL!

Worm Boy 10-15-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr (Post 3665426)
I know which car it is. Very impressed. If it has all that is said, hands down a badass car! And well deserved win. Congrats! I followed this build. Very impressed. Are you using the pro efi traction control? We have a 1100hp supra with pro efi and traction control and works flawlessly ! Even when the line from the waste gate blows off! :)
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-lmrs...p-on-the-dyno/

Thanks man and yes this is the same car.

We do have the PROEFI on this car but did not get a chance to use the traction control because our rear wheel speed sensors were not working properly. It will be interesting to see how much more we will be able to throw at it and try and keep the tires hooked up.

Worm Boy 10-15-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicZ (Post 3665406)
Big congrats to LMR!

This is why we run the races and all the bench racing is just a bunch of BS and a waste of time.

Competition is good for all of us regardless of which platform we personally drive or prefer.

Thank you for the nice words. That is what I try and tell everybody. ANYTHING can happen on race day. We missed you at this event. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

AverageJoe 10-15-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3665483)
Even if they do, traction control is not as effective with AWD as it is with a RWD car.

A RWD car can reference the front wheel speed(Not spinning of course!) and make it so the rear wheels spin a specified percentage faster than the non driven fronts.

AWD has no such luxury!

Good point I didn't consider that

iBoost 10-15-2012 03:33 PM

Well I can say this. My guess is UR is going to be getting many calls for Stage 2 R upgrades this week.:)

The Vette was making 1650+whp? I'm honestly suprised that the Underground cars didn't take home the victory. This is the first time an R version has been beat that I've seen.

Hopefully next time they have a longer slow down distance, so they can bring out the fast cars without using a chute.

ZO6ER 10-15-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by iBoost (Post 3665548)
Well I can say this. My guess is UR is going to be getting many calls for Stage 2 R upgrades this week.:)

The Vette was making 1650+whp? I'm honestly suprised that the Underground cars didn't take home the victory. This is the first time an R version has been beat that I've seen.

Hopefully next time they have a longer slow down distance, so they can bring out the fast cars without using a chute.

GTRs were out there with out a chute.....

Mullet 10-15-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by ZO6ER (Post 3665577)
GTRs were out there with out a chute.....

This was my first time out in the G doing this kind if event. I can say the steel G brakes take ALOT more pressure to stop than my GT. I'm sure there is a fix whether it be carbon brakes, better pads for the steel brakes or something else. Not many events that need brakes like this. The current Texas Mile has a lot more stopping space compared to the old location. It's a process and will happen.

Personally I think a aggressive pad on the steel rotors will do the job. Somehow I think I'll be guinea pig.

Worm Boy 10-15-2012 04:40 PM

LoL, are you trying to say UGR didnt bring their fast cars?
I love the internet
Awesome....:)

iBoost 10-15-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Worm Boy (Post 3665609)
LoL, are you trying to say UGR didnt bring their fast cars?
I love the internet
Awesome....:)

According to them, there wasn't enough room to stop the fast cars without hooking up a chute.

Obviously they are VERY fast cars. I didn't mean it like that. :)

AtomicZ 10-15-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Worm Boy (Post 3665488)
Thank you for the nice words. That is what I try and tell everybody. ANYTHING can happen on race day. We missed you at this event. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

Bummed I missed it. I would have been bringing a knife to a gun but still would have been fun.

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3665592)
This was my first time out in the G doing this kind if event. I can say the steel G brakes take ALOT more pressure to stop than my GT. I'm sure there is a fix whether it be carbon brakes, better pads for the steel brakes or something else. Not many events that need brakes like this. The current Texas Mile has a lot more stopping space compared to the old location. It's a process and will happen.

Personally I think a aggressive pad on the steel rotors will do the job. Somehow I think I'll be guinea pig.

Jason - The steel lambo brakes are the numbest no feedback setup of any car I have ever driven. They do work surprisingly well though. The CCB's are a big improvement. Check and see if they make a set of Brembo GT-R brakes that fit - that would do the trick.

300 10-15-2012 05:35 PM

I believe UR brought their fastest cars with the R-packages.

I can't imagine they would turn down the power to make sure they could stop.

It's not like they do not know how to mount a parachute:eek: Oh well, never mind.

What was the deal with the shut down anyway?

Exactly what is the distance the cars have from the finish line to stop before the 'end' ?

Did they have cones before the physical end of the runway?

jhbchess 10-15-2012 06:23 PM

What accounts for the speed difference between this roll racing 1/2 mile event and the standing 1/2 mile (like at Ellington Field earlier this year?) Is the 60mph pacing making up part of the distance? The standing 1/2 had some fast times i thought, like the 182mph Supra and some 200+ cars.