6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

v10tt 10-16-2012 05:34 AM

I'm confused with all the TTG lambo stages. Stage1, 2,3 R, then R1, R2, R3?
I figure if you spend 150k++ or whatever for a built TT lambo, you would get max power, and the word "upgrade" should not apply .

Seems like every time a Lambo losses a race, it was never on kill mode, and there is always a bigger set up "upgrade"...

I also would like to see a dyno video of the 1700-1900 rwhp pulls... tired of seen those partials screen shots... what's the big deal??

Mullet 10-16-2012 07:04 AM

shutdown was around 1400-1500 feet with some extra runoff after that for emergencies. Pacing area was not 1/4 mile it is shorter. The space we have to use on the runway the way it's set now in distances is what it is. Every question you have or will have until you run the event we have already gone over. We have done this 3 times now and we know what we are doing.

houstonT 10-16-2012 09:29 AM

I figured I would post here as I was the one driving Bob Helms TTG on Sunday. For the record, my FIRST pass in his car ever was on Sunday in round 1 of King of the Street. I wish we had open session on Sunday morning so I could work with UGR to set the car up right that day.

1. Great job to the TI team for an awesome event. They did a great job making the event fun and safe.

2. Great job and congrats to LMR, they brought a car that was set up right for this event and it showed. Congrats Steven!

3. The surface completely changed from Saturday to Sunday because of the rain storm. Saturday, Bob's car trapped 185-186 mph, the best I could do on Sunday was 178-179. Obviously his SL was at the limit of traction and was putting power down effectively on Saturday but on Sunday, I had to keep taking boost OUT of the car because it would not hook. I was told by several people that they could hear me pedaling the car on every pass in 2nd and 3rd gear. No excuses just facts. I was lucky to get past 3 fast cars in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round spinning all the way until 4th gear (about 135 mph).

4. I know Reza and I knew that the race with his GTR would be won at the starting line. Ultimately we took out 4 psi in 2nd gear and 3 psi in 3rd gear, STILL, it spun, withOUT brake boosting 2nd. He put 2 car lengths on me immediately as I was spinning up to about 130 mph and once I hit 4th and 5th gear I started making up ground and catching him. This is not me just talking crap, it was evidenced by the fact that my trap speed was several mph faster than his at the end. Bottom line, he beat me...his car was set up right, he had 345 drag radials, I had street tires, the SL shifts like a manual car, his GTR shifts by itself, all he has to do is hang on. Again, he was set up to win, we simply didn't have the tire to win.

5. Kevin's street car 6-speed Gallardo went 189.x through the traps on STREET tires. To me that is impressive. While it didn't win the event, it was great to see them try to put all the power down. Lesson from the event? NEED MORE TIRE! LOL

Overall I had a blast, thanks to the TI crew, thanks to Bob for letting me pilot his car, congrats to LMR and great job to Reza for beating me and getting to the finals.

Peter

sinister05CTT 10-16-2012 09:39 AM

props to everyone involved but I just don't understand showing up to a gun fight with a knife aka, why would you be on street tires and not 335 hoosier DR's or all 4 dr's like you knew everyone else would be on? I get it's a "street car" and we all know they are the fastest cars around, but I just don't get why the TTG's would not show up ready to race.

Props to everyone involved, it looked like a great event!

iBoost 10-16-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by sinister05CTT (Post 3666287)
props to everyone involved but I just don't understand showing up to a gun fight with a knife aka, why would you be on street tires and not 335 hoosier DR's or all 4 dr's like you knew everyone else would be on? I get it's a "street car" and we all know they are the fastest cars around, but I just don't get why the TTG's would not show up ready to race.

Probably because they have always beaten everybody using street tires in the past, while the competition was using DR's or slicks. I also think they like having a "true" street car, they don't use slicks/Dr's, they don't use chutes, roll cages, etc. You could drive the car there in the rain with the ac on, race it, and drive home, all while looking, feeling, and acting like a street car.

I'd be interested to see how the results would turn out if UR had their cars really well prepped for this.

Ziscolp 10-16-2012 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=300;3665681]
I believe UR brought their fastest cars with the R-packages.
I belive Ray's was missing...

It's not like they do not know how to mount a parachute:eek: Oh well, never mind.QUOTE]

300 its not that they dont know how to mount it, its that they don't want this to happen again...

Firts time is an accident secont time is a choice...

v10tt 10-16-2012 12:35 PM

From Another forum:
Yes, we won every event and $ we could.

Finished 1st Place in Corvette shootout- over 15 cars entered

Finished 1st Place in KOTS event- over 45 cars entered

Won $ for Highest MPH at the event, 209mph on saturday(clocks were not correct) and 191mph on sunday.

Semi Final race against 1500hp plus Viper

Final Race against T1 GTR

http://images.corvetteforum.com/imag...er_offline.gif http://images.corvetteforum.com/imag...ons/report.gif

300 10-16-2012 12:46 PM

[quote=Ziscolp;3666400]

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3665681)
I believe UR brought their fastest cars with the R-packages.
I belive Ray's was missing...

It's not like they do not know how to mount a parachute:eek: Oh well, never mind.QUOTE]

300 its not that they dont know how to mount it, its that they don't want this to happen again...

http://youtu.be/yS1NU6xjTSY

Firts time is an accident secont time is a choice...

Zis, you need to go read my post #251 again. It could not be more clear. I will summarize for you:

Parachute mounted too low ie they did not know how to mount it for the technical informationally challenged ones like yourself.

People running TX mile do not follow the proper safety protocall meaning:

1. Tech people do not know the difference between a properly mounted parachute height in relation to the center of gravity of the car.
2. Tech people do not take contestants' safety into account and test the chute at lower speeds to make sure it is functioning properly.
3. Tech people at TX mile do not know that when there is a 30 mph cross wind they should not let people running 230+ MPH with an improperly mounted parachute make a pass and the contestant for whatever reason on that run decided to pull his untested chute.

You do not have the foggiest notion as to what is involved when you say the second accident is a choice. You are like the ancient tribal leaders doing a rain dance to help the crops. Maybe Plato's Allegory of the cave watching the shadows on the wall might apply to you as well!

Racing at these speeds is a SCIENCE.

Mount the parachute at the height of the center of gravity and the chute pulls the car straight back to perform the intended function, to STOP.

Mount the chute too high in relation to the center of gravity and it will pull down on the back end lifting the front end.

Mount the chute too low and the chute, when deployed will LIFT THE BACK END OF THE CAR.

It's just physics.

Now let somebody run option number 3 with a cross wind at 230+ mph and you get what you posted in this video.

There have been a lot of crashes at the TX mile that the other venues run under the ECTA rules simply have not had.

Shame on the TX mile officials for not stopping that crash.

Sure Ray's was missing, but why?

The UR Lambos got beaten by a Corvette, GTR and (2) Vipers. 2 weeks ago everybody here said the UR GTT's were invincible.

Apparently they are not.

It is more than plausible the driveline parts with the stickier tires might not last the entire race. It would be detrimental to the image of flawless perfection to break in front of everybody.

Better to lose and make excuses than to unequivocably break in front of everybody.

Better for the image to run the number in the controlled environment of a private track rental.

UR builds beautiful fast cars, but when other proven platforms turn up the wick with a lot of drag racing technology developed over many, many years. It is nearly impossible for a company even as popular with such a large and wealthy customer base as UR to be able to make an air conditioned exotic street car compete against such well developed drag racing technology.

I can already see people talking about how UR wanted to do just street tires and so on and so forth. That is great and for 99.9999999% of GTT ownerswhat UR makes will own just about everything they could possibly run into on the street. This is a great niche to dominate and have many happy customers. It is unrealistic to think the LMR Corvette in it's present state could beat a top fuel car in a drag race. The more that people put their minds and $$$$ into making proven drag racing technology work on larger cube RWD platforms, the greater the competition there will be for an event such as this. I know these RWD platforms will never be as exotic as the Lambos, but the Lambo will never have the potential as the RWD platforms without a **** ton more $$$$$ in R&D to further develop the driveline part of the equation to not be the limiting factor on whether or not they can run stickier tires without risking breaking in front of people to be able to use the power the cars are capable of making. Bigger turbos and higher revving motors are great, but the driveline is holding the Lambos back more than anything IMO.

My .02.

v10tt 10-16-2012 01:00 PM

Who Eliminated Kevin driving his 6spd Lambo?
Is there Video of that race, or any UGR LAmbos racing other than Mullet's?

TwinTurboM3 10-16-2012 01:29 PM

Houston T,

I had respect for you, since your Supra days. Was a follower of you as well.

You lost all of it, as you typed and typed and typed this time, why you lost.

you should "not" list causes of your loss.

your causes are really funny.

you are comparing a 4 WD car vs. a 2 WD car.

GTT has motec boost by gear + motec traction control vs. a vette w/o traction control.

you should have just congradulate LMR and be done.

Worm Boy 10-16-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by sinister05CTT (Post 3666287)

A couple of the Lambos DID have the Hoosiers on it.

Ok, so I was a little off on the weight. She weighs 3970lbs with NO driver. That means its over 4100lbs with me in it!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...tteonScale.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...vetteScale.jpg

Mullet 10-16-2012 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Worm Boy (Post 3666539)
A couple of the Lambos DID have the Hoosiers on it.

Ok, so I was a little off on the weight. She weighs 3970lbs with NO driver. That means its over 4100lbs with me in it!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...tteonScale.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...vetteScale.jpg

I call BS, no way you weigh over 130.

;)

iBoost 10-16-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3 (Post 3666497)
Houston T,

GTT has motec boost by gear + motec traction control vs. a vette w/o traction control.

I mean, those are all legitimate reasons why they lost. Not really excuses. Had they had full traction, maybe the outcome would have been different.

Oh well, I'm sure UR will be out in full force next time; don't think they like losing.

5star 10-16-2012 03:04 PM

Is the lmr vette a fast street car or a slow racecar?

houstonT 10-16-2012 03:13 PM

Uhhhhhh ok....they aren't excuses, just facts. I had a great time and did congratulate Steven in person and on the forum.

Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3 (Post 3666497)
Houston T,