6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

houstonT 10-16-2012 03:14 PM

Steven the only UGR car that tried Hoosiers was the silver 6-speed...he took them off b/c the wheel was spinning in the tire. Shoulda screwed them so the wheel didn't spin in the tire.

Peter

snakebitten 10-16-2012 04:32 PM

I've always liked UR for their philosophy of keeping a street car a full street car but with crazy hp....Same way they used to do with the Vipers they are doing with the Lambo's it seems. Love it. At these power levels though they probably will have to use slicks to put down 1700-1900 hp despite the AWD.

I guess they have found the limit of adhesion even for AWD. When they figure it out you can't help but think they will be at the top again. It really is a great platform.

I just wonder what the Vette, Viper and GTR would do if someone got them to GTT weight. Unfortunately they wont be full street cars anymore however. The fact they can even compete with them being that much heavier is impressive. I mean.. Worm Boys car is 4k lbs and still won every race. I cant imagine what the GTR's weighed in at lol....And they were no joke.

Memphis 10-16-2012 04:38 PM

It would be a helluva sight to see a Gallardo with beadlocks haha

tqmonster 10-16-2012 04:44 PM

[quote=300;3666460]

Originally Posted by Ziscolp (Post 3666400)

The UR Lambos got beaten by a Corvette, GTR and (2) Vipers. 2 weeks ago everybody here said the UR GTT's were invincible.

Apparently they are not.

It is more than plausible the driveline parts with the stickier tires might not last the entire race. It would be detrimental to the image of flawless perfection to break in front of everybody.

Better to lose and make excuses than to unequivocably break in front of everybody.

Better for the image to run the number in the controlled environment of a private track rental.
My .02.

Nail, meet hammer! everything else is a bunch of sorry ass excuses! I know Kevin can drive his ass off and knows tires and what the cars can hold! So showing up with road racing tires to a "rolling" drag race is just mind boggling!
:confused::confused:

v10tt 10-17-2012 05:26 AM

Looks bad ass!
What tires are those 15" ?

Originally Posted by Worm Boy (Post 3666539)
A couple of the Lambos DID have the Hoosiers on it.

Ok, so I was a little off on the weight. She weighs 3970lbs with NO driver. That means its over 4100lbs with me in it!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...tteonScale.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...vetteScale.jpg

v10tt 10-17-2012 05:35 AM

But every video I've seen on the internet of them trapping 177-181 in the 1/4 mile is always on street tires..:confused:
weren't they putting down like 2k hp in Tk12 on "street tires" on asphalt on hwy pulls :confused:

show some videos of you driving the lambo, I know that car had a few Gpros on it, or do you only make movies when you win?

Originally Posted by houstonT (Post 3666276)
Obviously his SL was at the limit of traction and was putting power down effectively on Saturday but on Sunday, I had to keep taking boost OUT of the car because it would not hook. .

Peter

BAD ASS TA WS6 10-17-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 5star (Post 3666622)
Is the lmr vette a fast street car or a slow racecar?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

houstonT 10-17-2012 07:32 AM

I don't make videos...I don't video record any runs. UGR had video cameras all over the place but I have no clue what was recorded and what video will ultimately be posted. I was simply the driver, period...even last year when I beat Reza I didn't post any videos...I'm sure videos will be popping up all over the place.
Peter

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667130)
show some videos of you driving the lambo, I know that car had a few Gpros on it, or do you only make movies when you win?

v10tt 10-17-2012 08:25 AM

Posted on Corvette forums:

So Saturday towards the end of the day there were three cars at the end of the runway. Tony's T1 GTR, LMR Vette, Nick K's Yellow TTG R Package. Nick was supposed to run Tony and Tony asked him TWICE if he wanted to run and Nick punked out, he wanted no part of Tony's car or the LMR car. So that's when Tony and Steven ran and the Vette lost that match so it definitely raised some attention to Tony's car.

Any time UGR has the chance to back out of a race to save face for camera coverage, or think they are out matched they will not step up to the plate I find it hilarious. I'm almost betting that Nick was told not to race either car and just make a pass on his own to see where his car was at but it trapped nowhere near what the other two cars did, after it supposedly just got back from NC for upgrades for this event. During the KOTS event on Sunday they had no choice but to race. Three UGR cars went down and they went down three in a row, talk about some funny ish. They lost to two T1 GTR's and the "former" UGR TT Viper from Oklahoma City that has been redone and worked on by several normal plain jane guys including myself, the races were not even close.

Everyone out there wanted to see the fastest UGR car take a crack at the LMR car but it didn't happen I wonder why, maybe we will see it in April and the next KOTS Event if the classes haven't changed from all of the complaining.

jhbchess 10-17-2012 08:59 AM

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ictureid=26931

300 10-17-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by iBoost (Post 3666348)
Probably because they have always beaten everybody using street tires in the past, while the competition was using DR's or slicks. I also think they like having a "true" street car, they don't use slicks/Dr's, they don't use chutes, roll cages, etc. You could drive the car there in the rain with the ac on, race it, and drive home, all while looking, feeling, and acting like a street car.

I'd be interested to see how the results would turn out if UR had their cars really well prepped for this.

iBoost, one rather important criterion for a street car that everybody here including yourself seems to be filtering out with your kool aid colored glasses is the fact that the GTT's need to run RACE GAS to make the 'Big Power'.

The last time I checked there are no C-16 pumps at every truck stop and every corner station 'just in case' the GTT Owner were to run up against a big cube Vette or Viper on the way to the race!

IMO, this makes the larger cube vehicles like the Vettes and Vipers have a much more credible street component than a car that needs to run C-16 or better to make more than 1000 on pump gas.

I have observed many a Viper make 1000-1100+ on pump gas with ease.

I am sure Worm Boy can chime in here and confirm the Vette can do the same.

If you are talking about "Streetability" make sure you take all the components into account. Even though the GTT owners can surely afford $300.00 per tank of fuel, one would have to think it has to get old always cranking the handle to fill up their street car from a barrel of C-16.

tqmonster 10-17-2012 09:29 AM

I'm willing to be that UGR would not be taking all this $hit on all the forums if they simply accepted their piece of humble pie and stopped with all the BS and excuses! UGR and all the nutswingers have to realize that no shop can claim perfection and that's OK. You win some you lose some, it's not the end of the world! Time to come down from cloud 9 and bring some of those prices down while you are at it as well!

medici78 10-17-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3667284)
iBoost, one rather important criterion for a street car that everybody here including yourself seems to be filtering out with your kool aid colored glasses is the fact that the GTT's need to run RACE GAS to make the 'Big Power'.

The last time I checked there are no C-16 pumps at every truck stop and every corner station 'just in case' the GTT Owner were to run up against a big cube Vette or Viper on the way to the race!

IMO, this makes the larger cube vehicles like the Vettes and Vipers have a much more credible street component than a car that needs to run C-16 or better to make more than 1000 on pump gas.

I have observed many a Viper make 1000-1100+ on pump gas with ease.

I am sure Worm Boy can chime in here and confirm the Vette can do the same.

If you are talking about "Streetability" make sure you take all the components into account. Even though the GTT owners can surely afford $300.00 per tank of fuel, one would have to think it has to get old always cranking the handle to fill up their street car from a barrel of C-16.

GTT's will make more than 1kwhp on pump gas. It's still a 5 litre V10, so there's plenty of cubes to make the power on pump. Do you think anyone runs pump gas at these events?

Mr. Hollywood 10-17-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by medici78 (Post 3667340)
Do you think anyone runs pump gas at these events?

I Was on pump gas and I did OK. :p

tqmonster 10-17-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Hollywood (Post 3667364)
I Was on pump gas and I did OK. :p

I dont know why the lambos cant run E85 as well? That's pump gas right;)