6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

medici78 10-17-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Hollywood (Post 3667364)
I Was on pump gas and I did OK. :p

I guess I stand corrected. E85 or 93 octane unleaded?
My main point was that the turbo Gallardos can and do make 1k whp on 93 octane unleaded, which is the traditional definition of pump gas.

unvmy996 10-17-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3 (Post 3666497)
Houston T,

I had respect for you, since your Supra days. Was a follower of you as well.

You lost all of it, as you typed and typed and typed this time, why you lost.

you should "not" list causes of your loss.

your causes are really funny.

you are comparing a 4 WD car vs. a 2 WD car.

GTT has motec boost by gear + motec traction control vs. a vette w/o traction control.

you should have just congradulate LMR and be done.

lol you should be the last person talking about respect .... he did not make excuses, as you could read and um did give props.

Mr. Hollywood 10-17-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by medici78 (Post 3667377)
I guess I stand corrected. E85 or 93 octane unleaded?
My main point was that the turbo Gallardos can and do make 1k whp on 93 octane unleaded, which is the traditional definition of pump gas.

I was on E85. But Vipers have been making 1000+rwhp for several years plain ole 93.

GETU1 10-17-2012 11:03 AM

Good on LMR. Wild car.

End of the day though Lamborghini > Chevrolet

300 10-17-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by medici78 (Post 3667340)
GTT's will make more than 1kwhp on pump gas. It's still a 5 litre V10, so there's plenty of cubes to make the power on pump. Do you think anyone runs pump gas at these events?

Medici, my point is the GTT's trap low to mid 140's at best on pump gas and are sitting ducks against larger cube 7 liter Vette or 8+ liter Viper motors on true pump gas.

Have you seen that video of the GTT against the Viper, both UR builds no less, that show the Viper on 14 PSI easily handling the GTT?

The only way the GTT's make the crazy power is on race gas out of a drum with a hand crank or a pump at the 1/4 mile track.

If you understand anything about running timing with a given displacement on pump gas, you will understand and have to admit the GTT's are at a supreme disadvantage.

Believe me, I am not under any delusions that the cars at the TI were running pump. I was responding to IBooost about his surf and turf world driving his GTT to the event in the rain, decimating the competition, kissing the trophy girl who is not as hot as his wife and then driving home, that's all.

300 10-17-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by GETU1 (Post 3667425)
Good on LMR. Wild car.

End of the day though Lamborghini > Chevrolet

Maybe to some, but remember, not at the TI last weekend!hilarious

Mullet 10-17-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3667284)
iBoost, one rather important criterion for a street car that everybody here including yourself seems to be filtering out with your kool aid colored glasses is the fact that the GTT's need to run RACE GAS to make the 'Big Power'.

The last time I checked there are no C-16 pumps at every truck stop and every corner station 'just in case' the GTT Owner were to run up against a big cube Vette or Viper on the way to the race!

IMO, this makes the larger cube vehicles like the Vettes and Vipers have a much more credible street component than a car that needs to run C-16 or better to make more than 1000 on pump gas.

I have observed many a Viper make 1000-1100+ on pump gas with ease.

I am sure Worm Boy can chime in here and confirm the Vette can do the same.

If you are talking about "Streetability" make sure you take all the components into account. Even though the GTT owners can surely afford $300.00 per tank of fuel, one would have to think it has to get old always cranking the handle to fill up their street car from a barrel of C-16.

hilarious

I have no problem using ONLY C16 in my FGT and G. I haven't put pump gas in my GT for over 2 years and drive it a couple times a week to work. Same goes for my G. My G will never see pump gas.

Sorry your pump gas argument is silly.

v10tt 10-17-2012 12:30 PM

Finally a video that shows the Lambos Racing, and fighting traction:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPuDS...&feature=share

Mullet 10-17-2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667505)
Finally a video that shows the Lambos Racing, and fighting traction:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPuDS...&feature=share

tell me if you can hear the wheelspin. This was my first round in KOTS. I drove this race just like the others.....all in.

v10tt 10-17-2012 12:52 PM

Yes I do.did you start in 2nd gear?, other runs seems like you start in 3rd, and do 3 shifts.

Ziscolp 10-17-2012 01:04 PM

[quote=300;3666460]

Originally Posted by Ziscolp (Post 3666400)

Zis, you need to go read my post #251 again. It could not be more clear. I will summarize for you:

Parachute mounted too low ie they did not know how to mount it for the technical informationally challenged ones like yourself.

People running TX mile do not follow the proper safety protocall meaning:

1. Tech people do not know the difference between a properly mounted parachute height in relation to the center of gravity of the car.
2. Tech people do not take contestants' safety into account and test the chute at lower speeds to make sure it is functioning properly.
3. Tech people at TX mile do not know that when there is a 30 mph cross wind they should not let people running 230+ MPH with an improperly mounted parachute make a pass and the contestant for whatever reason on that run decided to pull his untested chute.

You do not have the foggiest notion as to what is involved when you say the second accident is a choice. You are like the ancient tribal leaders doing a rain dance to help the crops. Maybe Plato's Allegory of the cave watching the shadows on the wall might apply to you as well!

Racing at these speeds is a SCIENCE.

Mount the parachute at the height of the center of gravity and the chute pulls the car straight back to perform the intended function, to STOP.

Mount the chute too high in relation to the center of gravity and it will pull down on the back end lifting the front end.

Mount the chute too low and the chute, when deployed will LIFT THE BACK END OF THE CAR.

It's just physics.

Now let somebody run option number 3 with a cross wind at 230+ mph and you get what you posted in this video.

There have been a lot of crashes at the TX mile that the other venues run under the ECTA rules simply have not had.

Shame on the TX mile officials for not stopping that crash.

Sure Ray's was missing, but why?

The UR Lambos got beaten by a Corvette, GTR and (2) Vipers. 2 weeks ago everybody here said the UR GTT's were invincible.

Apparently they are not.

It is more than plausible the driveline parts with the stickier tires might not last the entire race. It would be detrimental to the image of flawless perfection to break in front of everybody.

Better to lose and make excuses than to unequivocably break in front of everybody.

Better for the image to run the number in the controlled environment of a private track rental.

UR builds beautiful fast cars, but when other proven platforms turn up the wick with a lot of drag racing technology developed over many, many years. It is nearly impossible for a company even as popular with such a large and wealthy customer base as UR to be able to make an air conditioned exotic street car compete against such well developed drag racing technology.

I can already see people talking about how UR wanted to do just street tires and so on and so forth. That is great and for 99.9999999% of GTT ownerswhat UR makes will own just about everything they could possibly run into on the street. This is a great niche to dominate and have many happy customers. It is unrealistic to think the LMR Corvette in it's present state could beat a top fuel car in a drag race. The more that people put their minds and $$$$ into making proven drag racing technology work on larger cube RWD platforms, the greater the competition there will be for an event such as this. I know these RWD platforms will never be as exotic as the Lambos, but the Lambo will never have the potential as the RWD platforms without a **** ton more $$$$$ in R&D to further develop the driveline part of the equation to not be the limiting factor on whether or not they can run stickier tires without risking breaking in front of people to be able to use the power the cars are capable of making. Bigger turbos and higher revving motors are great, but the driveline is holding the Lambos back more than anything IMO.

My .02.

Blah blah blah blah, It seems to me like you attact everything UR does...

All those especulations about them not wanting the car to break in fron of everyone are as full of BS as you are; to my knoledge the reason why the car did not make it to TI, is because the car is getting ready for SEMA, wich from a business prespective is more important than TI...

As for the chute may be you are right may be you are wrong. I can't tell you because of the fact that I wansn't there when they install it, I belive you were, right??? but even if I did know the inside story I would be wrong considering the fact that you are always right...

Mullet 10-17-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667539)
Yes I do.did you start in 2nd gear?, other runs seems like you start in 3rd, and do 3 shifts.

I did 2 pulls starting in third (not this one) and the rest in 2nd and yes that's 6th gear near the line.

medici78 10-17-2012 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3667468)
hilarious

I have no problem using ONLY C16 in my FGT and G. I haven't put pump gas in my GT for over 2 years and drive it a couple times a week to work. Same goes for my G. My G will never see pump gas.

Sorry your pump gas argument is silly.

Agreed. I'm waiting for my drum of C16 to come in cuz the local VP guy won't stock it. That said, I drove my G to the office, even scared my friend when I gave him a ride after our lunch break on the highway, all on pump gas and pushing 1kwhp all day long.

That said, I ordered my drum of C16 and once its here, it won't see pump gas again (unless I'm in a pinch then I'll turn it down to the weak 1kwhp setting)

300, when you have a car of this caliber, whether its a Vette, Viper, GT-R etc. the last thing on your mind is how much the fuel costs.
Where are you getting the "low 140's" on pump? First it was big power on pump, which the GTT can do no problem then you came up with trap numbers.

We get it, you don't like UGR and its Gallardos. But the Vette and GT-R guys aren't trying to bring up arbitrary arguments like yours.

I'm a UGR GTT owner but I give props where its due. I just happen to prefer the Gallardo over other platforms for its looks and the overall package. Doesn't mean I think the cars are invincible and I'm pretty sure none of the other Gallardo owners think that way, yet you attempt to group us all in that category.

With your vast knowledge of what works and doesn't I'd love to see what you've built.

The more I read your posts the more you sound like someone who can't compete, so you sit on the sideline and pick your team.

v10tt 10-17-2012 01:23 PM

Mullet, Any difference in speeds from the x-tra shift? you still took it to 6th gear?

Mullet 10-17-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667577)
Mullet, Any difference in speeds from the x-tra shift? you still took it to 6th gear?

all runs I went into 6th except the 3rd round of KOTS when I lost. I kept it in 5th hoping it would make the line and lost by 5-6 feet.