6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

300 10-17-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3667468)
hilarious

I have no problem using ONLY C16 in my FGT and G. I haven't put pump gas in my GT for over 2 years and drive it a couple times a week to work. Same goes for my G. My G will never see pump gas.

Sorry your pump gas argument is silly.

Mullet, you are a cool guy and are not a nutswinger even though you have a UR car.

Your response proves my point though.

[quote=Ziscolp;3667552]

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3666460)

Blah blah blah blah, It seems to me like you attact everything UR does...

All those especulations about them not wanting the car to break in fron of everyone are as full of BS as you are; to my knoledge the reason why the car did not make it to TI, is because the car is getting ready for SEMA, wich from a business prespective is more important than TI...

As for the chute may be you are right may be you are wrong. I can't tell you because of the fact that I wansn't there when they install it, I belive you were, right??? but even if I did know the inside story I would be wrong considering the fact that you are always right...

Zils, I am mostly stating the facts about the technical aspect of chassis dynamics, about TX Mile not knowing what the heck they are doing compared to LSR based events and posting my opinion about breaking or not in front of everybody vs losing.

I am allowed to have an opinion.

The fact that we have not seen one beautiful high definition movie quality video with the Robot UR sound of the UR Cars getting handled by 3 different platforms further affirms what I am saying.

Having the Kool-Aid brigade like yourself and others who do not know jack $ h it about chassis dynamics and such is making it hard for some people to not give UR a hard time. The nutswingers like yourself should just STFU, say congrats and move on instead of bringing more heat down on UR.

Many of you are delusional and people like myself seek to bring perspective to the situation.

Go to any chassis shop or chassis builder and bring him a printout of my posts relating to improper height of parachute mount and then your comment of "maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong" will be answered by a professional if you do not want to take my word for it. While you're at it you should also call the ECTA-LSR tech guys and confirm that the TX Mile people made some serious mistakes: Why are you not giving me a hard time about attacking the TX Mile people? Oh yea, you are an UR NUTSWINGER!:D

iBoost 10-17-2012 02:53 PM

Looks like Kevins TTG would have been a great match for the LMR Vette.

Would have been interesting to see if it wasn't spinning the tire in the wheel.

Also it seems the TTG's were trapping about on par with the T1 GTR.

Either way that Vette is fast!

kouzman 10-17-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3667510)
tell me if you can hear the wheelspin. This was my first round in KOTS. I drove this race just like the others.....all in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtSXwUkYcfg

that's freakin awesome!!! it sounds like you are driving a very powerful FWD and backpedaling in every gear!!!

I think that these cars reached the limit where the Toyo 888 is considered a tire with adequate traction... Time to go to Drag Radials, at least for these events...

Berto670 10-17-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667505)
Finally a video that shows the Lambos Racing, and fighting traction:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPuDS...&feature=share

That silver lambo was rolling!! damn it was fast!

houstonT 10-17-2012 05:45 PM

You were saying?

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3667505)
Finally a video that shows the Lambos Racing, and fighting traction:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPuDS...&feature=share

300 10-17-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by iBoost (Post 3667693)
Looks like Kevins TTG would have been a great match for the LMR Vette.

Would have been interesting to see if it wasn't spinning the tire in the wheel.

Either way that Vette is fast!

IBoost, that is some cutting edge technology: A tire in the wheel, wow!

I think I know what you were trying to say;)

I wonder how the cars that actually had traction kept their rims from spinning in their tires.

Maybe we should ask LMR, Andy, Mr. Hollywood, and the 2 GTR's how they were able to accomplish such a feat:confused:

Can anybody tell everybody else which car eliminated Kevin? Thanks!

300 10-17-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by houstonT (Post 3667845)

That was almost more scary than a RWD drive car losing traction. That driver must have b a l l $ of steel!

Is that the first time something like that has ever been captured on video?

Has such a thing ever happened to a GTT on the street? Crazy!

kouzman 10-17-2012 06:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

that's ****ing insane!!!

houstonT 10-17-2012 06:35 PM

Porch I was hoping to meet you! What happened?

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3667860)
That was almost more scary than a RWD drive car losing traction. That driver must have b a l l $ of steel!

Is that the first time something like that has ever been captured on video?

Has such a thing ever happened to a GTT on the street? Crazy!

300 10-17-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by houstonT (Post 3667904)
Porch I was hoping to meet you! What happened?

I was hoping to see a bunch of GTT's kick ass, Since that was not happening by the end of Saturday, I decided to stay home. :D

I am coming to TX2K13 for sure!

houstonT 10-17-2012 07:08 PM

GREAT I can't wait to meet the Internet GOLIATH known as "300" hilarious

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3667928)

I am coming to TX2K13 for sure!

iBoost 10-17-2012 07:29 PM

:eek:

That car is a monster. I bet that was scary getting sideways deep into the 100s. I really would have liked seeing this run against the LMR Vette. I bet it would have been super close.

Divexxtreme 10-17-2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by medici78 (Post 3667377)
I guess I stand corrected. E85 or 93 octane unleaded?
My main point was that the turbo Gallardos can and do make 1k whp on 93 octane unleaded, which is the traditional definition of pump gas.

TTGs make over 1000 whp on 93 octane. As a matter of fact, so do stock displacement GT-Rs. Switzer went 9.4 @154 in a full weight 4000 lb GT-R on 93.:)

AudiBull 10-17-2012 08:09 PM

This thread just doesn't give up. 300, Traction was the main topic of conversation leading up to TI. The advantage that most people assumed (yes I know what happens when you assume things) the AWD cars would have didn't happen. Invincible was not what anyone was saying. The points being made were obviously coming from the history of past events. I'm pretty sure everybody here still thinks you're nuts(not always a bad thing), but it was mainly because of the way you were going about your business.

Now this event is history. Everyone that was there has learned from it. There's a lot of people that got their ass handed to them that now have all winter to figure out why and do something about it. The difference is that this is the first time in a long time that UGR has that same motivation rather than just being target number one.

I'm pretty sure if Kevin (driver of the silver TTG, owner of UGR) was concerned about the driveline breaking he wouldn't be doing AWD burnouts to warm the tires up.

As far as I've seen none of the drivers or company owners have been anything but gracious.

I'm going to assume(again) that the reason nobody from UGR is posting and arguing back and forth is because racing is racing, you win some you lose some. Reputations are built on results, and you only get results through hard work.

You've made a lot of good points. Unfortunately they are mixed in with ASSUMPTIONS that are poisoning the well.

P.S. I noticed you don't have an avatar so I threw one together for you. You're welcome.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85a88a4c.png

PPS Feel free to substitute BENCHRACING for EVERYTHING.:p

300 10-17-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by AudiBull (Post 3668006)
This thread just doesn't give up. 300, Traction was the main topic of conversation leading up to TI. The advantage that most people assumed (yes I know what happens when you assume things) the AWD cars would have didn't happen. Invincible was not what anyone was saying. The points being made were obviously coming from the history of past events. I'm pretty sure everybody here still thinks you're nuts(not always a bad thing), but it was mainly because of the way you were going about your business.

Now this event is history. Everyone that was there has learned from it. There's a lot of people that got their ass handed to them that now have all winter to figure out why and do something about it. The difference is that this is the first time in a long time that UGR has that same motivation rather than just being target number one.

I'm pretty sure if Kevin (driver of the silver TTG, owner of UGR) was concerned about the driveline breaking he wouldn't be doing AWD burnouts to warm the tires up.

As far as I've seen none of the drivers or company owners have been anything but gracious.

I'm going to assume(again) that the reason nobody from UGR is posting and arguing back and forth is because racing is racing, you win some you lose some. Reputations are built on results, and you only get results through hard work.

You've made a lot of good points. Unfortunately they are mixed in with ASSUMPTIONS that are poisoning the well.

P.S. I noticed you don't have an avatar so I threw one together for you. You're welcome.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85a88a4c.png

PPS Feel free to substitute BENCHRACING for EVERYTHING.:p

Audibull, Thanks for the avatar!

You are pretty much right on except for the beard and 6 pack!:D

I might as well go with it, what the heck! LOL!

WAR: Bench racing is a whole heck of a lot cheaper than REAL Racing! Right Peter?