6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

AtomicZ 10-18-2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3668932)
AtomicZ, if you have not figured out from my posts that I have real world experience building cars to go fast and some good knowlege of chassis dynamics and fabrication, it is just because of your lack of knowlege in these areas.

I called it that the RWD cars could be competitive before the most recent TI. I hit the nail on the head on a lot of issues that most here did not expect or believe.

99% of the people here write checks to get their cars built and only know the point of view their tuner presents. This is fine to enjoy the car; but these people feel they can make inane comments about they don't believe me because I might " drive a minivan, of be a d-bag in a Hemi Ram truck trying to race at every stoplight "

Well, my friend you are in the aforementioned 99% and I am certainly not the latter and let's leave it at that.

You will find out some of what I am about at the next TX2K, I am sure we could hang out and shoot the ****.

Have a good night.

Peace out.

Blah blah. I can google and sound educated.

Please enlighten us on what you have done. Built. Raced. Whatever. Until then you are a keyboard warrior on a soapbox shoving your opinion down everyones throat.

I own and race different platforms. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have wrenched and built my own cars and I have written the check. Not really sure how this makes any difference to you or anyone else.

Mr. Hollywood 10-18-2012 07:43 PM

Daaaaaaaaaang. hilarious

BAD ASS TA WS6 10-18-2012 08:49 PM

LOL. Been wrong the entire time. Has no idea of what happened at the mile, wasnt there, and is otherwise full of incorrect information about most that he claims.

Napa auto parts isn't the same as building/working/racing cars for a living Pal.

LamboTT 10-18-2012 09:35 PM

Truth be told, I'd bet more than 50% of these crazy cars are owned by people that have done some serious work before but determine it's not worth there time to try and do something they don't do for a living. I could cut my own hair or pull a wisdom tooth out but I choose to let a professional do it, lol.

Just a guess but mullet, houstont, atomicz probably all have some car building experience....

300 10-18-2012 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicZ (Post 3668957)
Blah blah. I can google and sound educated.

Please enlighten us on what you have done. Built. Raced. Whatever. Until then you are a keyboard warrior on a soapbox shoving your opinion down everyones throat.

I own and race different platforms. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have wrenched and built my own cars and I have written the check. Not really sure how this makes any difference to you or anyone else.

I quote the warden in the movie, "Cool Hand Luke",

"There are some men you just can't reach........"

Goodnight.

CRR 10-18-2012 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Soundeffects (Post 3669096)
Truth be told, I'd bet more than 50% of these crazy cars are owned by people that have done some serious work before but determine it's not worth there time to try and do something they don't do for a living. I could cut my own hair or pull a wisdom tooth out but I choose to let a professional do it, lol.

Just a guess but mullet, houstont, atomicz probably all have some car building experience....

yep

http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/d/79..._8710_32nd.jpg

AtomicZ 10-19-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by BAD ASS TA WS6 (Post 3669054)
LOL. Been wrong the entire time. Has no idea of what happened at the mile, wasnt there, and is otherwise full of incorrect information about most that he claims.

Napa auto parts isn't the same as building/working/racing cars for a living Pal.

Originally Posted by Soundeffects (Post 3669096)

Not sure where these comments are headed but I never claimed to build cars for a living.

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3669099)
I quote the warden in the movie, "Cool Hand Luke",

"There are some men you just can't reach........"

Goodnight.

Again. Smartass comments and nothing else.

I am official done feeding the troll.

See everyone at TX2K13.

WOODTSTER 10-19-2012 10:59 AM

Hey, I want to jump in on this. Where do I sign up ?

Paulie, can I stay in your basement so I dont have to sleep in Eric's Trailer like Dr. Jitsu did at TX2K8 ? (wait a sec, houses in Texas dont have basements !)

Peter, I am coming down to TX2K13 just to prove that I am still alive and actually fitter than ever (and to hound Mr. 300):D

BAD ASS TA WS6 10-19-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicZ (Post 3669534)
Not sure where these comments are headed but I never claimed to build cars for a living.

Again. Smartass comments and nothing else. I am official done feeding the troll.
See everyone at TX2K13.

Not directed at you in any way, just confirming the fact that this TROLL is a BS artist. 300s comments about the parachute on Holts UGR car are INCORRECT. He has no clue about any of the BS and slander he posted. There is no justification for someone who has built and accomplished NOTHING to sling BS at the walls.

There was a 20+MPH crosswind that day. When the chute was pulled the car was on the brakes rather than still accelerating. Between the crosswind and the chassis being jerked/upset this caused the sideways motion and horrific crash thereafter.

Pretty scary watching it go down. Lets remember this was a record setting weekend for that car, and street cars in general.

Being that 300 knows all (I know it must be hard to get out in the REAL WORLD, when you have the Automotive Racing Information Hub in your basement) one would think he would have googled/youtubed/examined this.

Instead he wants to play internet Fabricator/Chassis Dynamics Guru. And take shots other peoples achievements. :rolleyes:

v10tt 10-19-2012 12:51 PM

rog2961 10-19-2012 01:36 PM

Would I be able to come to one of these TX2K13 events with my measly little m5? Would love to watch these cars run.

AtomicZ 10-19-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BAD ASS TA WS6 (Post 3669666)
Not directed at you in any way, just confirming the fact that this TROLL is a BS artist. 300s comments about the parachute on Holts UGR car are INCORRECT. He has no clue about any of the BS and slander he posted. There is no justification for someone who has built and accomplished NOTHING to sling BS at the walls.

There was a 20+MPH crosswind that day. When the chute was pulled the car was on the brakes rather than still accelerating. Between the crosswind and the chassis being jerked/upset this caused the sideways motion and horrific crash thereafter.

Pretty scary watching it go down. Lets remember this was a record setting weekend for that car, and street cars in general.

Being that 300 knows all (I know it must be hard to get out in the REAL WORLD, when you have the Automotive Racing Information Hub in your basement) one would think he would have googled/youtubed/examined this.

Instead he wants to play internet Fabricator/Chassis Dynamics Guru. And take shots other peoples achievements. :rolleyes:

Got it. I own cars. I race cars. I do not make a living building or racing cars. Some cars I am very hands on with the build some I just write a check. It is what it is.

I was at the mile when Holt crashed. Horrific.

I'm starting to think 300 is the NASA engineer that is helping DWiggs build the 2000hp SV at Covert Tuning.

BAD ASS TA WS6 10-19-2012 02:05 PM

I know Eric. You race cars not your mouth. Everyone on here knows that!

Maybe it is DWIGGS incognito! Good call, all the puzzle pieces fit now

iBoost 10-19-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3669673)

Just curious, any reason the GTR got such a good jump on the TTG?

I noticed the G trapped 1mph faster, but why was it so far back? Did it spin hard off the hit? Maybe Peter can chime in on this.

houstonT 10-19-2012 02:23 PM

Yea, I posted that a while back....several things happened that race:

1. I did NOT brake boost b/c I spun every time I brake boosted before this race.
2. Even NOT brake boosting I spun once into boost in 2nd gear.
3. I kept in the throttle and spun through most of 3rd...you can actually hear the tires skipping and fighting for traction.

That all together coupled with the fact that the GTR had brake boost on a button and 345 drag radials resulted in a pretty substantial jump (the T1R guys told me that they log his runs and he had virtually ZERO wheel spin, just dead hook)...plus from the looks of it, he hit it a bit early and I made the mistake of chasing. It was obvious by the MPH that I was catching him but just not enough room to make up the distance I lost at the hit. VERY fast and formidable opponent that got the best of me that day. I've won a lot in the last 15 years, and lost some...this one I simply lost.
Peter

Originally Posted by iBoost (Post 3669749)
Just curious, any reason the GTR got such a good jump on the TTG?

I noticed the G trapped 1mph faster, but why was it so far back? Did it spin hard off the hit? Maybe Peter can chime in on this.