6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

HowlerMonkey 10-19-2012 02:59 PM

As far as standing mile racing goes, the race is for 300mph.

I have yet to see a perfect run done by the cars that are currently the fastest so, when someone does make the perfect run in a car perfectly tuned with the perfect gear ratios, the speeds will go up quite a bit.

AudiBull 10-19-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey (Post 3669808)

I have yet to see a perfect run done by the cars that are currently the fastest so, when someone does make the perfect run in a car perfectly tuned with the perfect gear ratios, the speeds will go up quite a bit.

There is a Murcielago TT being built in Columbus Ohio that will soon fulfill all your fantasies...

300 10-19-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by BAD ASS TA WS6 (Post 3669666)
Not directed at you in any way, just confirming the fact that this TROLL is a BS artist. 300s comments about the parachute on Holts UGR car are INCORRECT. He has no clue about any of the BS and slander he posted. There is no justification for someone who has built and accomplished NOTHING to sling BS at the walls.

There was a 20+MPH crosswind that day. When the chute was pulled the car was on the brakes rather than still accelerating. Between the crosswind and the chassis being jerked/upset this caused the sideways motion and horrific crash thereafter.

Pretty scary watching it go down. Lets remember this was a record setting weekend for that car, and street cars in general.

Being that 300 knows all (I know it must be hard to get out in the REAL WORLD, when you have the Automotive Racing Information Hub in your basement) one would think he would have googled/youtubed/examined this.

Instead he wants to play internet Fabricator/Chassis Dynamics Guru. And take shots other peoples achievements. :rolleyes:

BAD ASS,

1. You might want to get your facts straight: Slander is spoken, libel is written.

2. Remember, it is neither libel nor slander if it is the truth

Why don't you post up a pic of where the parachute was mounted since you are so confident I am incorrect?

Ultimately, there is nothing wrong with making an error in mounting height IF the people running the TX Mile event had a clue as to how tech the cars and the appropriate protocall to follow to test the parachute's functionality at lower speeds and up.

I said it was ultimately the TX Mile's responsibility as to what happened to that car, not anybody else. I made this pretty clear in my post.

You are just a nutswinger sent here to put a spin on what I said. That is fine.

I know what I posted was accurate. Anybody with any common sense can understand what I wrote about the mounting height. Whether I am a greeter at Walmart or the head engineer at NASA is irrelevant. I seem to be the only person here to have knowlege or to speak up about the proper protocall for parachute mounting height, to ascertain the proper parachute mounting height in relation to the center of gravity of the vehicle and the proper progression as to verify the parachute is working properly.

This is how real racers and real sanctioning bodies reference guidelines for proper technical fabrication and testing whose aim is to always keep the safety of the individual in the forefront.

The rest of you people asking me what I have done or how I am full of B.S. are nothing more than deflectors for people who want to control impressions of the uneducated on the world wide web.

Taking shots at the achievements? Not exactly. Just what the donor of the Kool-Aid wants to program you to believe.

Since you are so easy to manipulate, I am going to snap my fingers in 3 seconds and I want you put your left arm over your head and scratch your rightear and pretend you are a baboon. 3, 2, 1.... Oh snaphilarious

Mullet 10-19-2012 03:18 PM

Well we hardly see you around and the rumors started up about a run y'all did, so might as well spill it.

300 10-19-2012 03:48 PM

Howler, Hmmm 300. That has a nice ring!

Don't try to suggest a concept here that is not approved by the tuners of the nutswingers on this board. They are probably not quite ready for such an idea.

A world viewed through Kool-Aid coloured lenses has own inherent limitations as a system of control.

AudiBull 10-19-2012 03:53 PM

300, The comparison between the ECTA and the organizers of the Texas Mile are fairly irrelevant. The ECTA has been around for decades and has stringent safety standards because the majority of the the racers are DIY weekend warriors putting together belly tankers and pencil rods that have zero testing before they show up to run. Yeah, you need stricter standards when guys are showing up with cars they threw together with a 110V stick welder.

The texas mile mainly attracts street legal cars that have been through DOT crash testing and have been road tested by the owners. Yes, the Texas Mile and other such events may be safer if they adopted stricter standards, but most guys wouldn't be willing to put a roll cage, new lugs and nuts, retaining cables and the like just to run their stock ZR1 down a runway a couple times a year. Most of the cars involved are street cars that people drive every day and just want to have fun with on occasion.

At all these events I would say your safety ultimately is your own responsibility.
That's why you go through classes and sign on the dotted line.

The Salt flats, Silver Dollar Classic, and plenty of other events have seen their fair share of tragedy(RIP VRAlexander) but it doesn't mean the events will stop. At the last ECTA event in Wilmington a 72 year old passed out on his bike at full throttle and ran into a fence, dying instantly. I could just as easily say the ECTA is irresponsible for not having a doctor on site to clear everyone before they race, especially considering the average age of participants at the ECTA events.

You keep bringing up the parachute mounting and the fact that you were there, and knew it was wrong. I would say that you are just as responsible as the people running the event if you had this knowledge and did nothing about it. All these events run on the sense of comradery shared by the participants. The fact that you used an unfortunate event as the punchline of a joke, and then continue to bring it up as a way to gloat, simply demonstrates how far removed you are from that comradery.

AudiBull 10-19-2012 04:39 PM

I would also like to point out that, in my opinion, the placement of the chute wasn't the real problem. Kelly Bise's camaro, the AMS Alpha Omega, a couple vettes, and others had violent spins that were mostly the fault of the rough and bumpy tarmac at the end of the Texas Mile. There are pictures and posts from AMS relating how right when their chute was deployed they hit a bump and the back end lifted. That same chute setup worked fine for them at every other venue. Or are you the only one that knows how to mount a chute?

300 10-19-2012 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by AudiBull (Post 3669870)
300, The comparison between the ECTA and the organizers of the Texas Mile are fairly irrelevant. The ECTA has been around for decades and has stringent safety standards because the majority of the the racers are DIY weekend warriors putting together belly tankers and pencil rods that have zero testing before they show up to run. Yeah, you need stricter standards when guys are showing up with cars they threw together with a 110V stick welder.

The texas mile mainly attracts street legal cars that have been through DOT crash testing and have been road tested by the owners. Yes, the Texas Mile and other such events may be safer if they adopted stricter standards, but most guys wouldn't be willing to put a roll cage, new lugs and nuts, retaining cables and the like just to run their stock ZR1 down a runway a couple times a year. Most of the cars involved are street cars that people drive every day and just want to have fun with on occasion.

Then those cars should go to an event like the TI instead of risking their lives at a mile event.

At all these events I would say your safety ultimately is your own responsibility.

Haha. Great call! I can tell you have a lot of thought behind your comments;) That's like saying a small child is qualified to interpret the pitfalls of navigating through a ghetto zone by himself. A layperson could not possibly know what safety requirements he or she might need to go a certain speed or where their car might be lacking in terms of safety.

The ECTA-LSR events have been run for years and years and the officiators have continuously modified and adapted the rules to the evolution of various platforms, power, chassis, aero, fuel and such for the ever increasing speeds vehicles have been and will continue increase as technology develops more and more.
That's why you go through classes and sign on the dotted line.

The Salt flats, Silver Dollar Classic, and plenty of other events have seen their fair share of tragedy(RIP VRAlexander) but it doesn't mean the events will stop. At the last ECTA event in Wilmington a 72 year old passed out on his bike at full throttle and ran into a fence, dying instantly. I could just as easily say the ECTA is irresponsible for not having a doctor on site to clear everyone before they race, especially considering the average age of participants at the ECTA events.

You keep bringing up the parachute mounting and the fact that you were there, and knew it was wrong. I would say that you are just as responsible as the people running the event if you had this knowledge and did nothing about it. All these events run on the sense of comradery shared by the participants. The fact that you used an unfortunate event as the punchline of a joke, and then continue to bring it up as a way to gloat, simply demonstrates how far removed you are from that comradery.

It was not the punchline for a joke, nor was it a punchline. It was a way to bring perspective to the nutswingers who think certain people are infallible and certain situations are absolute.

It was and has not been a way to gloat either. I just keep getting dumb F u c k $ making it like I googled my information and don't have a clue. So I keep responding restating my case.

There is a markable difference between somebody falling asleep at the helm and dying instantly, which is a terrible ACCIDENT, and the car going airborne as a result of mis-management by the officiators of the event in the areas I have previously mentioned. An accident is something that cannot be accounted or planned for, something that happens by chance. That car coming off the ground could have been prevented by the officials is all I am saying.

You seem to be ignoring the simple protocall of chute height, lower speed testing, and allowing or not allowing runs when there is a cross wind of any kind at those speeds.

I never once the in any of the other mile races saw those cars pull the chute. Nor did any of the cars using the brakes stopping from 240+ MPH seem to be using their chutes anyway.

Don't give me the B.S. that I violated the camaraderie by not saying anything to the crew. Maybe certain entities have burned bridges with certain relations and vice versa that would make such a communication impossible. It is not to say the TX Mile people were not warned of this and still somehow did not take the proper steps to mitigate the danger inherent in that set of circumstances.

Originally Posted by AudiBull (Post 3669902)
I would also like to point out that, in my opinion, the placement of the chute wasn't the real problem. Kelly Bise's camaro, the AMS Alpha Omega, a couple vettes, and others had violent spins that were mostly the fault of the rough and bumpy tarmac at the end of the Texas Mile. There are pictures and posts from AMS relating how right when their chute was deployed they hit a bump and the back end lifted. That same chute setup worked fine for them at every other venue. Or are you the only one that knows how to mount a chute?

From what I recall, there were a lot of tire problems ie people using wrinkle wall tires for increased traction that could not hold the heat generated and would rupture somewhere near the finish line. Again the fault of the TX Mile officials. 230+ MPH needs some decent side wall construction that is designed to provide support for the speed X Weight X Downforce to provide stability as well as to dissipate the heat generated in such a run. At an event like this it is unfortunately "monkey see, monkey do" and that's what happened here for sure with the wrinkle wall type tires.

All I am saying is the speeds cars were attaining in relation to the quality of the facility ie shutdown length and quality was too high. The TX mile officials could have erred on the side of caution instead of going balls to the wall. Had they done this, there would have been fewer accidents, a higher level of safety and all the money some people spent to modify their cars would not have to have been flushed down the toilet.

For you to ask me if I am the only one who knows how to mount a chute is a ridiculous question that really gives perspective to the spin you are trying to generate here for what agenda I think is apparent for all to see.

This is the last I will post on this matter. Trying to explain the truth to people who do not want to see it and want to spin my words to color me in a certain light is a waste of my time from this point forward. Understand?

AudiBull 10-19-2012 05:17 PM

Mission Accomplished.

I'm pretty sure "or doesn't anyone at UGR know how to mount a chute?:D" counts as using that wreck as a joke in poor taste.

You stating that you knew that the parachute was mounted wrong and why, and the fact that you did it in a not so humble manner is obvious gloating. You implying that bridges have been burned only validates that.

My point about you being ultimately responsible for your own safety holds true across the board. If you buy a gun, it is your responsibility to make sure you know how to use it. The same holds true whenever you are driving a car. If you have a high hp car at an event and you want to go for a record run it's your responsibility as much as the organizers to check wind speed. There are still No Speed Limit roads in the U.S., and I don't think they have safety checks or test runs on any of them. We are not talking about a child, we are talking about grown adults who knowingly signed waivers pardoning any misdeeds by the people you say are responsible

I understand your point about tires, wind, not doing test runs. I also agree that more could be done as far as making some of the mile events safer. We simply differ in opinion because I believe anyone running should take their own safety into consideration and do test runs accordingly. I view these events as a rented road. If you pay for a lap at the Nurburgring it's not like they make you go through any of the safety measures you mentioned. It's an open road like(or unlike) any other.

My only motives here are the same as your's. To express an opinion.

AudiBull 10-19-2012 06:14 PM

Now let's have a drink and relax. It's Friday. No hard feelings. You know what they say about opinions.

onebadsuperg 10-19-2012 06:41 PM

Damn still on the chute. Well here is this>

This is a UGR Car if I'm not mistaken:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...bos/lambo1.jpg

Than there is this:
How high off the ground should the anchor for the chute connect to the chassis?
Always contact a chassis builder with experience in that, but the general rule of thumb is somewhere through the crank or cam shaft centerline if it is a door car. Again, always contact an experienced chassis builder before you start cutting. The ideal anchor point is perfectly centered on the car (from right to left) and vertically at the center of mass from the rear of the car. This center of mass would be the point which if you picked the car up off the ground using a crane it would hang exactly vertical.

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticle...achute-qa.html

http://blog.amsperformance.com/2010/...arachute-moun/

Enough said tether point is wrong.

BAD ASS TA WS6 10-19-2012 06:53 PM

Seems to me that he wasnt there, and has never been to any of these events. He spouts off incorrect info. (Does he even realize who built the cages, etc. In those cars at that point in time). Water under the bridge but an awful point to try and sling given the circumstances. Years down the road i might add

Nutswinger....LOL. Like we say in New England "I calls it like I sees it guy." Credit where credit is due. Has nothing to do with any shop, or brand. Just an enthusiast who appreciates what has been accomplished in the last few years.

Ive been going out of my way to travel to TX for Peters events, and other events every year in TX since '06. Met a lot of great people and friends along the way. Thankfully Ive never ran into such a clueless TROLL at any of these events. Just great people and lots of laughs. 300, just stay home and take car of the forum diareah of the keyboard. We're all better off ;) Cheers!

ROB

AudiBull 10-19-2012 07:22 PM

I guess I should have said it wasn't the only problem instead saying it wasn't the real problem. I think everyone realizes the placement was less than ideal. I simply meant that other cars with properly placed chutes also had similar things happen due to the tarmac condition. Anyway, it's all history and I'm sure lot's of lessons have been learned. At least the car was the only thing hurt. I completely agree with 300. This topic has been beaten into the ground. Anyone who revives it has to take a shot. Cheers.

And here is this
http://blog.amsperformance.com/2012/...ifting-action/

HowlerMonkey 10-19-2012 08:11 PM

I'm just saying that 300 will fall to a street driven car sooner than people think.

All it takes is picking the right factory chassis, 2,000hp, the proper aero, and the perfect run.

The most difficult thing to achieve is the perfect run and I don't think even the fastest guys with 2000 hp and above fully believe they have made the perfect trip yet.

I also think the proper runway could possibly yield higher speeds than a few miles of salt in some specific classes.

If that's the case, there are a few "records" that are "soft" and ripe for the picking once an organization establishes classes for running on concrete.

tqmonster 10-19-2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by v10brat (Post 3668943)
Hey 300 come down to TX2K13 I for one would love to meet you in person your comments have been pretty interesting .
Bill

Looking at his posts from a technical standpoint, he brings up a lot of valid points. The fact that the only ones bashing him and his post are either UGR customers or wannabe nutswingers is telling and damming! What a joke, kinda like this video hilarious

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/13746043/the-not-truth