Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Question About Gallardo Superleggera...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 AM
1/4 Mile is infamous around these parts
Question About Gallardo Superleggera...

One Step Before Buying Gallardo Superleggera...And I Have One Question...I Saw Many People Prefer 6 Speed Manual Over E-Gear.....Stock Or Those TT Projects....May I Ask Some Owners Their Opinions...? Thank You Very Much...

Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM
BlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really nice
I have owned many manual cars. I love "driving" the car. When we purchased our Lamborghini Performante I was not to excited about the E-gear. 4000 miles later, I wouldn't buy anything else for a Lamborghini. Downshifting is not only amazingly easy it rev matches for you (sounds awwesome). Shifting is quick and you have 3 stages to choose from. Auto, Sport, Corsa, please fasten your seat belts in Corsa haha. E-gear simply makes driving the Lamborghini a breeze (with everything else that is happening around you in your "fish bowl").

Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 AM
1/4 Mile is infamous around these parts
It Isn't True...That....With 6 Manual You Have Better Control...?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Are you typing with your mouth full? That's how it sounds in my mind when I read your posts.
Anyway, you need to try both. For me, it could have been a coin toss. Figure out which one you will be happier with most of the time. Personally, having owned and driven both I can't recommend one over the other as it is a personal decision. Boxers or briefs? You decide.
As for the turbos, well, its nice to know that when you're packing a built TT setup you are pretty much untouchable. I would never go back to a stock Gallardo now that I've been corrupted.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 PM
modenaboy has a spectacular aura aboutmodenaboy has a spectacular aura about
I vote six speed

I just picked up a 570-SL last month with a 6 speed stick shift, I love it. Shifting through the gears at redline in this car is a huge treat, as is getting a big blip on heel and toe when slowing down for a corner. The shifter is like butter, clutch feels great, and the gear shift feels great in hand, especially with the gate.

I'd previously driven the 570SL and the Performanté with E-Gear. You can tell from my comment above that I'm a big stick shift fan, but I have to admit the E-Gear in both those cars was great. And likely faster around the track or in a drag, at least at my skill level. But nowhere near as much as fun as far as I'm concerned - shifting is one of the great joys of driving, and the visceral feel and involvement in this car is really special.

So for me, the 6 speed stick kills it - this car with a 6 speed is so much fun, I can't believe it. Just love it. It is a huge shame Lamborghini didn't make more 570-SLs with 6 speed, I can't say enough good things about the way the car drives and feels with the stick, they did an incredible job.

-- Gordie

Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ My new wallpaper...

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by modenaboy
I just picked up a 570-SL last month with a 6 speed stick shift, I love it. Shifting through the gears at redline in this car is a huge treat, as is getting a big blip on heel and toe when slowing down for a corner. The shifter is like butter, clutch feels great, and the gear shift feels great in hand, especially with the gate.

I'd previously driven the 570SL and the Performanté with E-Gear. You can tell from my comment above that I'm a big stick shift fan, but I have to admit the E-Gear in both those cars was great. And likely faster around the track or in a drag, at least at my skill level. But nowhere near as much as fun as far as I'm concerned - shifting is one of the great joys of driving, and the visceral feel and involvement in this car is really special.

So for me, the 6 speed stick kills it - this car with a 6 speed is so much fun, I can't believe it. Just love it. It is a huge shame Lamborghini didn't make more 570-SLs with 6 speed, I can't say enough good things about the way the car drives and feels with the stick, they did an incredible job.

-- Gordie
Congrats!! Those manual SL's are hard to find!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Malu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to beholdMalu59RT is a splendid one to behold
I'm guessing that's the one that Roy Cats was selling? Very jealous, congrats on the new SL!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by modenaboy

-- Gordie
WOW! she's a keeper! the last of a dying breed if you will, i predict the 3 pedal LP cars will hold their value pretty well a few years out,.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
WOW! she's a keeper! the last of a dying breed if you will, i predict the 3 pedal LP cars will hold their value pretty well a few years out,.
lol! You know those shows, where you receive a history lesson about how you steered the car with a handle, and a second passenger used to manually crank the oil pump, or how the wood used to be all carved from the same tree, etc...?

Well that's what 3 pedal cars will be 50 years from now.

"Hey Grandpa! You used to do what with your left foot?"

Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
hahaha i literally laughed out loud, i was watching "The Men Who Built America" last night and there were plenty of those moments.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Your 6 speed SL is one of the greatest road going cars under 500K right now IMO. Such a sexy car.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 PM
modenaboy has a spectacular aura aboutmodenaboy has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys - I'm so lucky to get it. Put about 1200 miles on it in a couple weeks, I just want to keep driving it!

-- Gordie

Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
Go green. Go turbo.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
great looking SL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question About Gallardo Superleggera...