Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Joined the UGR crew...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
You HAVE to bring the car to Toledo again for Cars and Coffee. I no longer want to roll race you! Good job Fadi and the misses for making the right decision.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by revracer
You HAVE to bring the car to Toledo again for Cars and Coffee. I no longer want to roll race you! Good job Fadi and the misses for making the right decision.
Definitely keep in touch via PM and we will get together this season. Just let me know which CC you will attend and if there is a big group going out there like last time, I will join.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:18 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Latest update...

So Kevin went out and got me some VBOX numbers on race gas the other day. The car went WAY faster than I would have ever expected. He sends me a text with the following pic:

And to make matters even more impressive, his next text was "uphill", followed by "with a passenger"..

(Keep in mind my E900 GTR went 4.6 secs, on a 2.8% decline, without a passenger - just sayin, Jamie.. )

At this point I am so excited and I want the car back.......until this morning when I had a little chat with my wife who can sometimes be the devil (which is why she is a keeper)

My wife: "So, if you are so set on building the car, why not build it now and save the $2,000 shipping costs later to build it"
Me: "well, I don't want to spend all that much in one hit, I think it's smart to replenish some cash first and build it later."
My wife: "what's so smart about wasting $2,000 on shipping later if you are set on eventually building it?"
Me:""

So I called Kevin, told him my wife is crazy and wants me to spend all my money, and here we are now....undergoing a stage 3 build!

I want to thank Kevin for giving me a superb experience thus far. I am going to be very honest and say excellent service was to be expected from UGR. After all, they would not be where they are today if they did not practice that, so I am not surprised there, but what's surprising to me is that despite the fact that Kevin has 100+ cars in the shop, he always gets back to all my e-mails and texts within the hour, sometimes minutes. That I was not expecting. So Kevin, keep it up please...

So, the excitement commences ALL over again...........and the wait continues.

Lastly, I want to thank god for blessing me in the ability to make such a purchase. I also want to thank my wife for being crazier than even myself given that I honestly did not have ANY intentions of building the car anytime soon.

More updates to come as I get them from Kevin..
I don't think anybody had "before he takes delivery" on the over/under before the car goes back for upgrades.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:20 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I don't think anybody had "before he takes delivery" on the over/under before the car goes back for upgrades.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Not even a test drive. Classic.

Congrats on the wife agreeing to upgrades. Happy house politics always make things easier. You will not regret doing the Stage III.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Atomic. I am very excited to get the car back.

I recall seeing a UGR car in your sig...Still have it?

Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Latest update...

So Kevin went out and got me some VBOX numbers on race gas the other day. The car went WAY faster than I would have ever expected. He sends me a text with the following pic:

And to make matters even more impressive, his next text was "uphill", followed by "with a passenger"..

(Keep in mind my E900 GTR went 4.6 secs, on a 2.8% decline, without a passenger - just sayin, Jamie.. )

At this point I am so excited and I want the car back.......until this morning when I had a little chat with my wife who can sometimes be the devil (which is why she is a keeper)

My wife: "So, if you are so set on building the car, why not build it now and save the $2,000 shipping costs later to build it"
Me: "well, I don't want to spend all that much in one hit, I think it's smart to replenish some cash first and build it later."
My wife: "what's so smart about wasting $2,000 on shipping later if you are set on eventually building it?"
Me:""

So I called Kevin, told him my wife is crazy and wants me to spend all my money, and here we are now....undergoing a stage 3 build!

I want to thank Kevin for giving me a superb experience thus far. I am going to be very honest and say excellent service was to be expected from UGR. After all, they would not be where they are today if they did not practice that, so I am not surprised there, but what's surprising to me is that despite the fact that Kevin has 100+ cars in the shop, he always gets back to all my e-mails and texts within the hour, sometimes minutes. That I was not expecting. So Kevin, keep it up please...

So, the excitement commences ALL over again...........and the wait continues.

Lastly, I want to thank god for blessing me in the ability to make such a purchase. I also want to thank my wife for being crazier than even myself given that I honestly did not have ANY intentions of building the car anytime soon.

More updates to come as I get them from Kevin..
You realize that vbox was from a different TTG, right?

Everyone told you that you were wasting your time with a bolt-on kit so glad to hear you made the right choice.

Come down to Switzer's open house in early June and I'll be waiting with a just a standard R1K making 200hp less. I'll even give you the hit!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Haha, Jamie, you are a funny character..

Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Atomic. I am very excited to get the car back.

I recall seeing a UGR car in your sig...Still have it?
Currently have white '08 SL Stage III. Previously had a white 6 speed with the R package.

Haha, Jamie, you are a funny character..
Jamie is one of the few guys on here that will actually put his money where his mouth is.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Currently have white '08 SL Stage III. Previously had a white 6 speed with the R package.
I was just talking to Kevin actually and asking him what a stage III LP560 on race gas would run 60-130. He said he only has data on pump gas for the LP.

I know yours isn't an LP, but have you ran your car 60-130 on race gas setting? I am assuming your car made the typical 1250 rwhp on race? You can PM me if you want.

Jamie is one of the few guys on here that will actually put his money where his mouth is.
I said he is a funny character, nothing about his money and/or his mouth..

You, Jamie, and I all know that a GTR with 200 less HP than an LP560 isn't going to win from a 50+ roll. We also both know that Jamie wouldn't bring out a car the he knows wouldn't win. I don't need to elaborate on what I meant when I said he is a 'funny character' as I am sure you know Jamie well enough by now to know what I am talking about.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !

You, Jamie, and I all know that a GTR with 200 less HP than an LP560 isn't going to win from a 50+ roll.
And that's why we will actually line them up instead of bench race. Just a friendly roll race with cameras on.....

Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
And that's why we will actually line them up instead of bench race where I will secretly bring something more powerful than a standard R1K. Just a friendly roll race with cameras on.....
Fixed..

I know of an R1K that has already been built and delivered to the customer that is within my vicinity. I will be sure to get in touch with them and get a race on video given that I know they have a true R1K, not a R1K+ like you will most likely bring out.

Runs to be captured on video and posted when I get my car back. Stay tuned..

Last edited by SCvet00; 03-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Fixed..

I know of an R1K that has already been built and delivered to the customer that is within my vicinity. I will be sure to get in touch with them and get a race on video given that I know they have a true R1K, not a R1K+ like you will most likely bring out.

Runs to be captured on video and posted when I get my car back. Stay tuned..
Nope, this will just be a standard R1K.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Engine is out, off it goes to the machine shop..

It's getting harder to go to sleep at night..=)

Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Block is in CNC right now. I guess it will be another 2 weeks before it gets back to UGR. Then it's party time...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Joined the UGR crew...