Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Joined the UGR crew...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Cnc?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:07 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mullet
Cnc?
It's where the block gets machined.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:56 PM
TeeRock is infamous around these parts
I understand your gratitude towards being able to make a purchase of this caliber..congrats! Excited to see the final product and videos. You married the right woman!

Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
maybe you should of stayed with the bolt on kit so you would actually have a fair race around here, lol, j/k

Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Block is in CNC right now. I guess it will be another 2 weeks before it gets back to UGR. Then it's party time...
Not CNC. C&C:

Old 04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TeeRock
I understand your gratitude towards being able to make a purchase of this caliber..congrats! Excited to see the final product and videos. You married the right woman!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by DarrinB
maybe you should of stayed with the bolt on kit so you would actually have a fair race around here, lol, j/k
Haha. Oh I am sure some of your buddies will have something for me..

Originally Posted by jhbchess
Not CNC. C&C:
Joe, you crack me up man..lol

Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
ohhhhhh you mean the machine shop.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 AM
boostfiend is infamous around these parts
I thought Proline does UGR's motor work or did they stop that? Congrats on the build! Hilarious going from a bolt-on kit to a Stage 3 Awesome Over/Under Great job on everyone here doing their part to influence you as well lol!

Last edited by boostfiend; 04-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by boostfiend
I thought Proline does UGR's motor work or did they stop that? Congrats on the build! Hilarious going from a bolt-on kit to a Stage 3 Awesome Over/Under Great job on everyone here doing their part to influence you as well lol!
Proline still does their motors.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Coming home!!!

Thanks Kevin for everything! I don't care what they say about you, you're alright in my book..

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Alright, sooooo.....

At about 4 PM today I got a phone call from Reliable Carriers telling me that the transporter is on his way to my house and should be there in about an hour. Of course at this point I stop what I am doing at work and immediately start heading home. One hour later the transporter and I pull into my subdivision simultaneously. Perfect timing! As it was getting unloaded and rolling back onto the truck deck, the first thing I noticed was the Black "UNDERGROUND RACING" decal on the side of the rocker panel. Just looking at these letters made me giggly. Anyways...I got the car off the transporter and immediately checked over the car to make sure all was well with it. I instantly notice the car is sparkling! Not sure if Kevin waxed it or just gave it a good wash, but it was glowing! After ensuring all was well, I opened the bonnet to look at the work of art that encompasses the engine bay, and after inspecting it for a good 30 mins from every fitting, to every line, and analyzing the layout of the kit and craftsman ship of the overall assembly, I was BLOWN away! Impeccable is the first word that came to mind. I mean even the bottom of water/coolant tank had, what looked to me, a laser engraved 'UR" logo on it. How F'n cool is that???

So moving along, next step was to take the car out for a spin. I was about as excited as the first time I got my ***** wet to my g/f at the time - who is now my wife. I opened the glove compartment and I see the boost switch mounted in the lower left hand corner. Upon turning the switch, I was happy to see that this was no cheap, Fischer-Price kind of switch. It had a rigid feel to it and clicked into positions. Thinking I am unsusceptible to fear and have built up immunity to fast cars, I skipped the lowest boost setting and positioned the controller on the higher pump gas map -1050 rwhp. I jump in the driver's seat, started the car and let it warm up for a good 15 mins, then I drove it for another 15 mins just to ensure optimal operating temps before boosting. After the temps got up to par, I was now ready to goose the throttle and feel the Gs. I am in 2nd gear and give approx. 10% throttle.... Yes, with only 10% throttle the car literally scared me. I IMMEDIATELY turn around and go back home. I get out of the car, take a deep breath, look over at my friends and wife and said "HOLY F'ing SH*T ". I then went on to elaborate a little on how I am just mind boggled by the acceleration feel of hardly getting on the throttle. Now, this feeling could very well be due to the fact that I have not driven a fast car for over a year, I am not sure, but bottom line is that the boost in this setting came on very quickly and startled me a little. I wasn't expecting it! Anyways, I open the glove box, turn the boost down to the lowest setting, and get back out to give it another whirl. I boosted the car several times and felt this to be a perfect every day setting with very usable power that is not over whelming in any way. If I had to guess, this setting puts the car at the 137 mark in the 1/4 mile. I drove the car for about an hour on this setting to really get acquainted with the car and once I felt comfortable and accustomed to it, I go back home and position the boost switch to the 2nd setting - 1050 rwhp. I get back on the HWY and goose the throttle..... My friend and I are in absolute SHOCK not only about how fast the car went from 60-140, but at how linear and smooth the power delivery was. Best way I can describe is like taking a scorching hot knife through butter. SMOOTH! I continued to redline it another 3-4 times and just grinning from ear to ear. We must have said "oh my god" a dozen times prior to coming back home. This car is ****ing FAST!

I parked the car and we talked about how INSANELY fast the car is on this pump gas setting, but more so, how there was still another 250 more whp on the table!! We then proceeded to discuss how twisted someone must be to drive a R or 2R car...wow, I can't even wrap my head around it to be honest.

After shooting the breeze with the fellas for a little while, everyone packed and left home. It was an extremely memorable day for my friends and I am still grinning from ear to ear.

Last but certainly not least, I want to mention that this car drives every bit as good as stock - literally! As a matter of fact, the tranny in Corsa mode is no longer vibrating my skull upon shifting at higher RPMS. The shift shock is VASTLY improved over stock. I am VERY impressed that a damn near 1500 BHP car can drive this good and mimic the factory feel!! Underground Racing has truly perfected this package on the Gallardo and I can't express how happy I am with the car. Most certainly exceeded all my expectations in every way so far.

THANK YOU Kevin and Underground Racing crew for building me this astonishing car and for your excellent customer service through out the journey. I am extremely happy to be part of your team and I am now 110% certain I made the right decision in sending you my car versus any other tuner.

More to come.....

Attached Images  
Old 05-25-2013, 05:01 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up and enjoy your new car safely!
Robert

Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Congrats Fadi!
Will meet up later to "check it out" ;-)

Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on your car buddy! I can guess how excited you have been waiting for it.

Im waiting for my Stage III at the moment as well.

Post more pics when you get a chance!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Lorenzo.TX is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a dream come true lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Joined the UGR crew...