Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

6spd or E-Gear in UGR Gallardo for Build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 PM
TeeRock is infamous around these parts
6spd or E-Gear in UGR Gallardo for Build?

Im was looking at some options on an upcoming build within the next few months. I've set my mind on an LP560 (actively searching for the right color, low mileage example) along with an R build (with some tricks) with 1100 on pump since I will be running that under most circumstances. The only thing eating me up is the 6spd vs. the E-Gear battle. This will be primarly a fun fast street car for my enjoyment, maybe possible track passes with the DSS axles.

I am a DIEHARD 6spd aficionado, and have good skills coming from brake boost..however it make take a while to get used to the gated shifter amongs to that of a 997 turbo/M3. After watching and hearing the new quickshift program along with the world record pass with Ray Hoffmans White Beast, the 2 step/antilag works phenomenal and the quickshift is what made it run the 8 sec time.

I am also building a 6spd street turbo M3 and may add a 997.2 turbo 6spd or the New Viper, along with the LCI M5 after a few months of it's release. Any thoughts from UGR Owner's would be soo much help! Almost forgot to mention the car will have the full helix billet 1-6 gears to complete the built trans. I will give UGR a shout on Monday to chat, but would like to hear actual owner opinions as well..

Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
If you really like manuals then get a manual. Little easier driving in day to day traffic too.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TeeRock
Im was looking at some options on an upcoming build within the next few months. I've set my mind on an LP560 (actively searching for the right color, low mileage example) along with an R build (with some tricks) with 1100 on pump since I will be running that under most circumstances. The only thing eating me up is the 6spd vs. the E-Gear battle. This will be primarly a fun fast street car for my enjoyment, maybe possible track passes with the DSS axles.

I am a DIEHARD 6spd aficionado, and have good skills coming from brake boost..however it make take a while to get used to the gated shifter amongs to that of a 997 turbo/M3. After watching and hearing the new quickshift program along with the world record pass with Ray Hoffmans White Beast, the 2 step/antilag works phenomenal and the quickshift is what made it run the 8 sec time.

I am also building a 6spd street turbo M3 and may add a 997.2 turbo 6spd or the New Viper, along with the LCI M5 after a few months of it's release. Any thoughts from UGR Owner's would be soo much help! Almost forgot to mention the car will have the full helix billet 1-6 gears to complete the built trans. I will give UGR a shout on Monday to chat, but would like to hear actual owner opinions as well..
If you are wanting a 6 speed in the newer cars they are very hard to find as they are very rare. We just got in a very rare 6 speed Superleggera.

Also, we were just at TI with a high power Egear LP 570. For roll racing, I have to say that it is now my favorite car. Shifts with our setup are very fast. Car was very easy to drive as the owner made his first two passes on kill and went over 180 mph on the short roll race area. Maybe Cody will check on his experience with the car.

Email or call when you are ready to chat. Kevin@UndergroundRacing.com

Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Cody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to behold
E-gear all day every day! This is my 3rd UR built car and if I had to do it again it would be an e-gear.

Last edited by Cody; 04-19-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Cody, how does the quick shift set-up compare from stock? Can you tell me more about how you feel about it and if it has any straining/negative impact on the tranny? Thanks!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Cody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Cody, how does the quick shift set-up compare from stock? Can you tell me more about how you feel about it and if it has any straining/negative impact on the tranny? Thanks!
It's night and day over stock, even compared to my '08 with the quickshift the 570 is extremely quick. You would have to talk to Kevin about the mechanics of the tranny whether there is a negative towards it.

Last edited by Cody; 04-19-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Thanks. I'll get with Kevin.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cody
It's night and day over stock, even compared to my '08 with the quickshift the 570 is extremely quick. You would have to talk to Kevin about the mechanics of the tranny weather there is a negative towards it.
Which clutch do you have? How is the drivability with the 570 compared to the '08? I know with the R-version, the clutch can be annoying in stop and go, at least from what I've read on the forums.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iBoost
Which clutch do you have? How is the drivability with the 570 compared to the '08? I know with the R-version, the clutch can be annoying in stop and go, at least from what I've read on the forums.

He has a carbon to carbon clutch. The setup up is much smoother that the setup in the old G.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
He has a carbon to carbon clutch. The setup up is much smoother that the setup in the old G.
Does the LP570 have potential to be faster than a regular SL?

The white R version, owned by Cody, puts down 1550+? So how much more power is the orange G making (if you can say), and does the LP570 have the capability to put down that much power?

Might want to update your website with all the new packages, like 1.5R, 2R, etc

In your opinion is it worth it, in a mechanical aspect to get the LP570? Looks wise, I love the LP570.

Last edited by iBoost; 04-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 PM
ZO6ER is infamous around these parts
I agree with Mullet...6 speed all day..

Old 04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
thanks for the advice Kevin and Mullet. Just hearing the gated shifter will pose an interference from 2-3rd, 4th-5th.. From the TI videos ive seen. the silver UGR G and Bills Orange G missed shifts which was the only factor from winning the 6 speed challenge! Seeing how quick the shifts are.....comparable to lighting; Im very intrigued. But how's the E-gear handle shifting through regular street driving and from a stop? Either way. Ill make that call on Monday

Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Is there any any better transient response/spool from E-gear and a 6speed. Again I hear that more lag or boost drop can be attested in between shifts.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
My old school E-gear car with some new school serious tricks is very fast shifting after recent UGR mods that were not cheap but worth the money. I can tell you it's best to get with Kevin to discuss over the phone if your serious as many questions need to be answered.

The way mine is now setup, it has incredible boost response between gears and made a big difference that I don't see being possible with a manual shifter unless your TAG and even then it's possible to miss once in a while. I'm not TAG and have reviewed LOTS of shift data on many cars. If I had to make a choice it would be the following......

Roll racing or you want the fastest shifts done for you= Egear with UGR mods
Drag racing or you love manuals= manual

My choice is egear.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
ATL_GT-R is infamous around these parts
Great info here. Sub's for additional insight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6spd or E-Gear in UGR Gallardo for Build?