Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing invades the Shift Sector CA event. (New world record)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
Sorry I didn't fully explain. I am no expert. I assume maybe the clutches are not as strong in a dct

Theres a reason why Lamborghini went with the ISR over a DCT in the aventador
The clutch has little to do with a transmissions strength. As long as it isn't slipping or shattering then it is doing it's job. The clutch is the only part designed with a wear rate for a reason. The ISR over DCT decision had nothing to do with one design having any inherent weakness. From what I have heard it had more to do with the fact that a dual clutch takes up more room. It is because of this same reason that the clutches in a DCT tend to be smaller. Does this mean that is a design flaw? No. It simply means that everything I stated about size, etc. holds true. As I stated previously, the dual clutch in the Veyron handles almost double the load that the Vent ISR has to deal with. Both designs can be used to handle any load as long as they are designed to scale.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
jhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nicejhbchess is just really nice
Originally Posted by DarrinB
Sorry I didn't fully explain. I am no expert. I assume maybe the clutches are not as strong in a dct

Theres a reason why Lamborghini went with the ISR over a DCT in the aventador
IIRC, at the time lambo claimed a 30kg weight savings by choosing ISR over the audi DCT and that they liked the emotional feel of the shifts.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 PM
supranviper is a glorious beacon of lightsupranviper is a glorious beacon of lightsupranviper is a glorious beacon of lightsupranviper is a glorious beacon of lightsupranviper is a glorious beacon of lightsupranviper is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome the Lambo that you saw go off was Taylor at Dallas Performance. They broke something in the differential causing it to go off track! The car was fine and all is good! They had gone 220 and were turning it up to beat the record I think!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:02 AM
BigReade is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Liquid Assets
I feel like Nicholas Cage in National Treasure, trying to decipher your posts...
Hahahahahaha...I swear, it's the actual humor of his translation that makes these threads so enjoyable to read! It reminds me of the scene from Joe Dirt, when the cajun guy is saying "home is where you make it", but comes across "you like to see homos naked"...on a brighter note, if I was Kevin, I'd look into a restraining order, there seems to be some severe stalker qualities with every keystroke from ol Jose