Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lambo 1mile world ET record 20,8sec@410km/h

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Doug118 is infamous around these parts
Why can't someone claim they are the fastest if their car has been stripped or v-box verified? If they use calibrated equipment for their timing systems, why doesn't that count? So are top fuel dragsters not the fastest cars in the world because they don't use a v-box and are full tune chassis and carbon fiber? I guess they don't count either

Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Duhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Doug118
Why can't someone claim they are the fastest if their car has been stripped or v-box verified? If they use calibrated equipment for their timing systems, why doesn't that count? So are top fuel dragsters not the fastest cars in the world because they don't use a v-box and are full tune chassis and carbon fiber? I guess they don't count either

Yes any legitimate timing device will work. Because we are talking about records for street cars here.......

STREET CARSSSSSSSSS

Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
So a gutted car isn't a street car?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Duhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to allDuhawks is a name known to all
Quit being stupid

Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Duhawks
Quit being stupid
You said someone can't claim to be the fastest if they have a gutted car. I'm asking why not? You made the statement so how is that being stupid

Old 01-01-2014, 11:37 AM
IMO you can't strip out your car and claim it's the fastest street car for any type of car. I believe a lot of people feel that way.

When people go make a run it's just dumb if they claim it's the fastest when it has been stripped out. I want a full weight car with AC, seats and all.

When you start shedding weight it's more of a race car then a street car.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Street car= normal car (ac, seats, radio, windows up and down, etc.)
Race car= not street car, lol

I think I did some math somewhere based on what was mentioned on this run and it had about a 3.5second 60-130mph time during this run. Could have been faster if it was a dedicated run, MAYBE.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I'm sure I missed it.....what was 60-130 and 100-150?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
I'm sure I missed it.....what was 60-130 and 100-150?
I think it was said in another thread to be 3.5 and 2.9, respectively.

Both a mile slower than UGRs best times. There isn't a Lamborghini in the world that has gone as fast as UGRs best in 60-130 or 100-150. These are facts that can't be denied.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
jomama is infamous around these partsjomama is infamous around these parts
you guys are all comparing apples to oranges here. no one should be calling themselves the world's "fastest" since fastest is yet to be defined (or being defined in many different ways here), but that 20.8 second time is the fastest recorded ET for a standing mile. that's the game out in russia, backed with 100k reasons why it should be.
stateside, UGR already said they have no interest in running standing miles. so i'm not sure why people like speculating the "if UGR wanted to" or "if UGR had a shop car", yada yada. as for top speed and fastest ET for standing miles - the ford gt has the fastest trap speed, and that russian lambo has the fastest ET. 1/2 mile roll races and 60-130 times, UGR looks to be top dog. simple as that - argument over. unless, of course, the argument is how one defines "fastest."

Last edited by jomama; 01-03-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Tra1nEr is infamous around these parts
Guys, i always wanted to ask, why the organisators of Texas mile
and other US standing 1/2 mile and 1 mile events dont measure time?

OK, main aim in US is maximum speed, but why not to show time, just for info
and for comparing. Its very easy to add couple of sensors to the timing system.

Dragtimes events are for ET, but they show speed for every run.
Also all 1/4 events all over the world are for ET, but they show speed.
I think it could be very interesting to compare.

Also, this Ford GT as i know had time 23.2 sec for mile.
If it starts with 20-21 sec car it means more than 200 meters gap.
you cant even see this car in rearview mirror )
After that its hard to call it quicker or faster )

all these events are for street cars.
So, its like rwd car races from traffic light with subaru or evo,
pull of much slower, but on next traffic light rwd car driver says -
i won, because i reached higher speed ) its a little bit strange.
thats why dragtimes uses ET, and sometimes RT -
who passed finish line first - is the winner.
I thnik its fair, also same stuff is in all 1/4 events. High exit speed is good,
but winner is always one with best ET.

Last edited by Tra1nEr; 01-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I agree it would be sweet to have ET at the TX Mile as well as MPH. One thing though...winner is the first to the finish line regardless of ET.

Peter

Originally Posted by Tra1nEr
Guys, i always wanted to ask, why the organisators of Texas mile
and other US standing 1/2 mile and 1 mile events dont measure time?

OK, main aim in US is maximum speed, but why not to show time, just for info
and for comparing. Its very easy to add couple of sensors to the timing system.

Dragtimes events are for ET, but they show speed for every run.
Also all 1/4 events all over the world are for ET, but they show speed.
I think it could be very interesting to compare.

Also, this Ford GT as i know had time 23.2 sec for mile.
If it starts with 20-21 sec car it means more than 200 meters gap.
you cant even see this car in rearview mirror )
After that its hard to call it quicker or faster )

all these events are for street cars.
So, its like rwd car races from traffic light with subaru or evo,
pull of much slower, but on next traffic light rwd car driver says -
i won, because i reached higher speed ) its a little bit strange.
thats why dragtimes uses ET, and sometimes RT -
who passed finish line first - is the winner.
I thnik its fair, also same stuff is in all 1/4 events. High exit speed is good,
but winner is always one with best ET.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 AM
PDR447 is infamous around these parts
People seem to forget one HUGE thing: gearing. The fastest 60-130 UGR could/would likely lose a standing mile race to this car. Same goes the other way. This car is probably not a 60-130 car.

This is why I've been "so frustrated" with the nut huggers here. Just because car "A" is faster in "X" stat doesn't mean it will beat car "B" in "Y" stat. Cars are built to different needs. UGR's big focus is the 60-130 crowd so that is where they prioritize their gearboxes and power bands. This car was obviously built to satisfy different needs.

A 1/2 mile car that sets a record but is at redline in 6th at the 1/2 mile(best tuning possible for standing speed/ET) will lose to a properly tuned 1 mile car in a 1 mile race even though it will beat the 1 mile car to the 1/2 mile.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by PDR447
People seem to forget one HUGE thing: gearing. The fastest 60-130 UGR could/would likely lose a standing mile race to this car. Same goes the other way. This car is probably not a 60-130 car.

This is why I've been "so frustrated" with the nut huggers here. Just because car "A" is faster in "X" stat doesn't mean it will beat car "B" in "Y" stat. Cars are built to different needs. UGR's big focus is the 60-130 crowd so that is where they prioritize their gearboxes and power bands. This car was obviously built to satisfy different needs.

A 1/2 mile car that sets a record but is at redline in 6th at the 1/2 mile(best tuning possible for standing speed/ET) will lose to a properly tuned 1 mile car in a 1 mile race even though it will beat the 1 mile car to the 1/2 mile.

I have always wondered the same thing. No one ever mentions gearing on these cars. I would imagine shorter gearing would result in a quicker 60 to 130 but I don't know. The Pre LP Gallardos shift slow so maybe they benefit staying in the boost longer and having the longer gears.

I believe a lot of the race versions that we see have mile gears that the UGR guys build. I went with 215 gears because I drive around town and do hwy pulls. A mile isn't something I would ever do so I thought the 215 gears would be plenty for me. I did at least the 215 because I do like to go to the half miles.

I believe Leonid's car still has the same tranny and gearing in it that UGR put in it though. I am not sure what gearing it is though. I believe Leonid's car and Ray's car have the same gearing.

The only people that would know about the gearing is Leonid or Peter LOL. I think they have had 37 TT Lambos lmao.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PDR447

The same gears that are in our (Stacy's) 1/2 mile car that went 225 at the 1/2 is the same gearbox thats in this Gallardo. WE have had some of our best 60/130 with these same ratios.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambo 1mile world ET record 20,8sec@410km/h