Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Is the gallardo a good track car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
Is the gallardo a good track car??

a friend and I are going to be getting into a good business soon and if everything works well(god willing)we will be purchasing a high end exotic. We are both in love wit the gallardo, lol who wouldnt be, but I do like to track my cars occasionally, Im just wondering can it really take the abuse that it looks like it can take, or would i be better off just getting a second car for track?? Im still obsessed wit this cars lines oh what a sexy car lol

Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Buying a car together. That can't be good.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned
no no lol, guess that came out wrong i meant were going each purchase one, if we like the G, of course im just wondering on my part, he just likes to have nice cars but I like to use them for what theyre built for, so is it really an evil track monster??

Old 04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
I don't think they're good for the track, at least not stock. I've heard complaints ranging from brakes that fade quickly to inadequate transmission to lack of power in certain important RPM ranges.

Instead of a G, get a 360 CS or something.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned
wats a 360 cs, sorry im not good wit the abbreviations, i assume a modena? Im not really a fan of the modena at all, too much money for a car that a friend has and doesnt give anything competition.``

Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lemansz20
wats a 360 cs`
360 Challenge Stradale.

Attached Images      
Old 04-10-2006, 09:55 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
360 Challenge Stradale.

Oh man, that grey one is hot.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fortyounce
Oh man, that grey one is hot.
It was one of my top 3 of the day.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned
WOW that grey one is hot, my friend has a regular 360 wit f1, and i really wasnt a fan but wow that car looks awesome in grey.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:25 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
The CS is a Modena for the track. It is lighter, more powerful, with added handling for the track. Or, if you want to wait, get the F430 CS, which will be the CS version of the current entry-level Ferrari.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I'm pretty sure the G can take the abuse and it sure as h*ll is one of the fastest streetcars you can take to the track!

And a big car magazine (can't remember which one) awarded the G as Track car of the year 2005.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Straightline speed is only part of the formula. If all you're gonna do is go on an oval, yeah, get a G. Throw in curves, I think the 360 CS would be a finer car. Big car magazines don't mean **** to me.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lemansz20
a friend and I are going to be getting into a good business soon and if everything works well(god willing)we will be purchasing a high end exotic. We are both in love wit the gallardo, lol who wouldnt be, but I do like to track my cars occasionally, Im just wondering can it really take the abuse that it looks like it can take, or would i be better off just getting a second car for track?? Im still obsessed wit this cars lines oh what a sexy car lol
lol sounds like you've really thought things thru lol good luck lol

Old 04-11-2006, 03:19 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally Posted by alexWS6
lol sounds like you've really thought things thru lol good luck lol
Damn, beat me to it!

"Well I woke up this morning, and if everything works well I'll be buying a F430" I say that every morning!

Old 04-11-2006, 05:30 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Damn, beat me to it!

"Well I woke up this morning, and if everything works well I'll be buying a F430" I say that every morning!
nice, you forgot the "lol" at the end though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is the gallardo a good track car??