Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo vs Murcielago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned
rijowysock is infamous around these parts
although the merci is the BEAST of the Lambo family... giving all the power and looks.. for day to day i feel the gallardo would be much better suited.

given:

day to day:

1: you more than likely wouldnt get above 100, ergo the increased power wouldnt "really" matter
2: lighter /v10 has better gas mileage.. if that matters to you, personally i dont like searching for gas in between each errand.
3: more nimble (factor of being lighter) and smaller.. the car is much easier to park on city streets and with the "normal" doors.. less hectic to park in a short parking garage.
4: Better rear vision.. when parking a merci the rear view is VERY small. especially behind driver and little blindspot..maybe just me but opening the driver door slightly to bend over and look out to MAKE sure... is in effect.
5: again with the power.. on a daily car you might rev at someone and race em to the next light for ****s and giggles but these cars will be much inferior even to the gallardo.. i guarantee you wont find yourself to a car that poses a problem to the gallardo.. (where the merci would be needed).. in that case. dont rev at him and everything will be settled.

so CLEARLY for daily driver, i would choose the Gallardo over the Merci.. but if it was to be a car to showoff on SOBE when trying to catch a dinner date or two (can always make them sit on top of eachother) id be driving the merci

Riley

Old 07-04-2006, 07:46 PM
D.Wiggs is infamous around these parts
I own both and actually will have a coupe and spyder/roadster version of each in the coming weeks and here is what I can tell you. The Gallardo at the end of the day is a very fast Audi with a Lambo shell, whilst the Murci is a Lamborghini with some Audi engineering influences. I drive my Murci daily and have had no problems; you do have to be willing however to give the engine some time to warm up at first before you go driving it for best results, whereas this is not so important in the G.

The Murci is an EXOTIC car wheras the G is a great sports car. I have to disagree with those who say the Murci is not nimble or track worthy. Whilst it isn't in stock form, I have converted it to RWD and am in the process of shedding in excess of 700lbs. off the original weight of the car whilst adding over 170 WHP (60 WHP was gained by going from AWD to RWD). In this configuration the car is an absolute beast. It turns in with the precision of an F360 or F430 and will light the tires in almost any gear at any time. It completely changes the dynamics of the car (it also reveals the softness of the suspension setup). I installed a rear-view camera so backing up is very simple; I will agree with the rear 3/4 blind spot however. You just hav eto hope that others see you!!

Anyway, I would say that the decision comes down to what the person wants. If you want a tame sports car that is quick, fast, reliable, and can be driven even in snow, go with the G. If you want a raw exotic the likes of which the U.S. hasn't seen since the SV, then go with the Murci and yank the AWD out and you will never want to drive anything else!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:32 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I own both and actually will have a coupe and spyder/roadster version of each in the coming weeks and here is what I can tell you. The Gallardo at the end of the day is a very fast Audi with a Lambo shell, whilst the Murci is a Lamborghini with some Audi engineering influences. I drive my Murci daily and have had no problems; you do have to be willing however to give the engine some time to warm up at first before you go driving it for best results, whereas this is not so important in the G.

The Murci is an EXOTIC car wheras the G is a great sports car. I have to disagree with those who say the Murci is not nimble or track worthy. Whilst it isn't in stock form, I have converted it to RWD and am in the process of shedding in excess of 700lbs. off the original weight of the car whilst adding over 170 WHP (60 WHP was gained by going from AWD to RWD). In this configuration the car is an absolute beast. It turns in with the precision of an F360 or F430 and will light the tires in almost any gear at any time. It completely changes the dynamics of the car (it also reveals the softness of the suspension setup). I installed a rear-view camera so backing up is very simple; I will agree with the rear 3/4 blind spot however. You just hav eto hope that others see you!!

Anyway, I would say that the decision comes down to what the person wants. If you want a tame sports car that is quick, fast, reliable, and can be driven even in snow, go with the G. If you want a raw exotic the likes of which the U.S. hasn't seen since the SV, then go with the Murci and yank the AWD out and you will never want to drive anything else!
I was just talking about your car with a mutual friend. You guys are doing some very interesting things to these Murci's. Beautiful car BTW!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
D.Wiggs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
I was just talking about your car with a mutual friend. You guys are doing some very interesting things to these Murci's. Beautiful car BTW!
Thank you very much and I know to whom you are referring and we definitely are !

Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Seljan is infamous around these parts
I had been driving a 993TT when I decided to go with something Italian.I drove the Murcielago and the Gallardo and a F-360 and ended up going with the Gallardo(6sp).The Murci felt too large for my tastes.I drive nothing but country roads and the Gallardo works perfectly for the kind of driving I like to do.
As far as the Gallardo not being exotic..Maybe if you live in Southern Cal..But here every time I take the car out it gets photographed numerous times.People are excited about even seeing one on the road.It's exotic..

Old 07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
it's all relative fellas... they're both freakin' awesome cars, but comparing the gallardo to the murc is like comparing the cba game to the nba game. murc is primetime. the gallardo is a great morning show. stop, watch them scissor doors go up and the crowd is mesmerized. listen to that rumble and the earth vibrates around you.

listen to the owners of these cars in this thread... both are cool, sweet cars... but again, it's relative... and in the sports car world, there is no comparison for pure flossin'/baller power like the murcielago. it's so wide and low and big... it'll cast a shadow over any ferrari save for the enzo and F50.

gallardo... it'd be competing with that techart 911 Turbo for attn. murc... diff ball game.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned
786 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The Gallardo is kind of compact compared to the Murcielago costs less and has all amenities you would need , Egear
i dont understand why so many love this horrible egear tranny...i hated it...how can so many people enjoy driving a sports car without a clutch?...im 23 so no one can say im old fashioned but i HATE driving a sports car that is not a true manual...whichever bull your friend buys, tell him to get a 6 speed...leave the egear for the females

Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 786
i dont understand why so many love this horrible egear tranny...i hated it...how can so many people enjoy driving a sports car without a clutch?...im 23 so no one can say im old fashioned but i HATE driving a sports car that is not a true manual...whichever bull your friend buys, tell him to get a 6 speed...leave the egear for the females
100% agree

Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned
btw beautiful cars you have abdullah...white looks really good and its fairly rare!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:19 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 786
True manuals are more fun, but they take more effort to drive. How am I supposed to talk on my cellphone, type on my laptop, drink my coffee and get a blow job all at the same time while driving a manual Murci. Im good but Im not that good! I might get a Gallardo soon, I think if I do it will be a manual. That way I have the best of both worlds, manual/egear and Murci/G.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:07 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by acicchelli
True manuals are more fun, but they take more effort to drive. How am I supposed to talk on my cellphone, type on my laptop, drink my coffee and get a blow job all at the same time while driving a manual Murci. Im good but Im not that good! I might get a Gallardo soon, I think if I do it will be a manual. That way I have the best of both worlds, manual/egear and Murci/G.
type on your laptop don't do that when you drive murci just focus in your way and have fun driving tha best lambo don't even talk to your girlfriend

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 07-08-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by 786
btw beautiful cars you have abdullah...white looks really good and its fairly rare!
thank you.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by acicchelli
well, if you are gonna be doing all that in the murci then i guess you have a good reason to go egear...manuals may take more effort but are MUCH more rewarding to drive in my opinion...personally, i have no problem talking on the cell in a manual but i have never attempted to use my laptop!...and bjs arent an issue...she can shift for ya!...if you get a G then for sure get an 06' 6 speed

Old 07-08-2006, 11:28 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
What a warped world some of us live in. To call a G just a sports car is crazy.
The Gallardo is an EXOTIC car. The Murci is a SUPERCAR.