Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo vs Murcielago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
LittleEngineer is infamous around these parts
Gallardo vs Murcielago

HI All,

I apologise if this has been asked before but the search didn't show anything.

Anyways, I have someone who has an 06 Gallardo and is currently waiting on a Gallardo Spyder coming in 2 weeks. I asked him why not a Murcielago (cost is not an issue). He says the dealer told him that the Murci is far less "drivable" and "usable" than the Gallardo.

Now I know that the Murci is not a daily driver type car, but the Gallardo is no Toyota Camry either so I was wondering what your opinions are on this. How easy are these cars to live with compared against each other. Is the Murci really that bad? He seems to think that you need to be some sort of race car driver to get into a Murci and go. Is the Gallardo really that much easier to drive?

Info on the Roadster versions would be great if anyone has experience with them as well.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The Gallardo is kind of compact compared to the Murcielago costs less and has all amenities you would need , Egear, Rear camera, Comfort seats
While the Murcielago looks elongated lower and harder to park in tighter spots.
I would reccomend the Gallardo

Old 06-22-2006, 05:02 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the guys I have talked to that had owned both tells me they like the raw power of the V12 engine better. But they also tells me the Gallardo is more practical and handles better than the Murc. I think the Gallardo would be a better choice for a Lambo beginner. The 06 model is just plain sick.

Last edited by vincentdds; 06-23-2006 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Ive heard good things about the O6 Gallardo with lower gear ratios, New exhaust and 20 hp bump, I want one very badly, If I have one I would install the Catbypass from Fabspeed to give me those flames at Idle when I rev

Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
The solution is straightforward. The v-10 is a GAYlardo and the v12 is a Murci.. obviously... the murci is a better car out of the two. When it comes to practicality, why even talk Lambo? Get a freakin Camry.. therefore, the 'fun' car should be the Murci.. my buddy drives his Murci Roadster EVERYDAY to work.. his "weekend" car is a benz.. LOL.. Take that for practicality.. Murci>>Gallardo

Old 06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
For spider, Murci top is flimsy. G has an automatic top.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:08 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baasha
The v-10 is a GAYlardo and the v12 is a Murci.. obviously... the murci is a better car out of the two.
How old are you with these answers?

I'd hardly call the V-10 "Gay". While I don't know for sure, I bet the 0-75 numbers are pretty close. That's where most of your driving is done anyway.

Face it, for the cost of entry into both cars it comes down to looks. In that dept. the Gallardo is liked by more people. Maybe Andreas and Shank can chime in here....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 06-23-2006, 10:51 AM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
I would say murci all the way while I havn't driven either take that for what it's worth. But I believe Redline Robert here drives his murci all the time and absolutly loves it and while I have no doubt he is a great driver I'm sure he would not call himself a "race car driver."

Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike S is infamous around these partsMike S is infamous around these parts
Murcielago all the way!

Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 PM
bad tt is infamous around these parts
my g 0-60 3.1 find me a Murcie in that speed class.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bad tt
my g 0-60 3.1 find me a Murcie in that speed class.
My sources tell me the Lp640 is.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Although world class, the Gallardo kind of feels like 2nd best. The Murcie is a true show-stopper.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
[quote=damon@tirerack]How old are you with these answers?

I'd hardly call the V-10 "Gay". While I don't know for sure[quote]

WTF? I have ridden in a Gallardo and driven a Murci extensively. The Murci is, as someone else stated, a real "show stopper" whereas the Gallardo looks too squar'ish'.. but of course, that's my opinon and I am free to opine as I please. I have been and always will call the Gallardo GAY... Those two cars are NOT in the same class...

Old 06-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
a real lambo has them lambo doors. murcielago. go big or go u know

Old 06-24-2006, 12:54 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
I fully agree with Benjamin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo vs Murcielago