Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.
View Poll Results: What is your train of thought on 160k car?
Less than 75k yr - I'll make ends meet to get what I want
5.13%
75k-125k
3.42%
125k-200k
14.53%
200k-300k
24.79%
300k+ - hell I'll by whatever I want
52.14%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Car Cost vs. Income level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
Dock, all I am asking is this? Just wondering what decisions people are making?
This is just a discussion. Please try and not make this into a smart *** comment thread.
There's nothing smart *** about my comments.

I pay cash for my cars. Does that help you in any way with regard to some kind of income-to-car payment formula?

I finance 100% of my cars. That only tells you that I make enough to pay for some monthly payment, but I could be shorting myself in other areas to make this payment.

Both of these examples offer different "percent of net income used on car payment" possibilities. They anchor either end of the scale consisting of the possible methods used to buy cars. All between the two are an infinite number of combinations that are made up of many variables. All of them are equally valid ways to pay for a car. It just depends on the individuals circumstances.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
Why $200K?? What if someone just pays cash for the $160k car...what does current income have to do with it then??
I assumed you werent paying in cash by how he said his post. You are very correct, and if you notice, i said it depends on many factors that can change that. I said 200K bc i was assuming that he meant someone was making payments on it.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I'm thinking that's considered income by the IRS.

Again I have to ask, if someone paid cash for the Lambo, what would current yearly income have to do with it?
I def see your point about paying cash. And Im an accountant, and capital gains are considered income by the IRS. it is just the tax rate that you car about when considering short term and long term cap gains.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:41 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
There's nothing smart *** about my comments.

I pay cash for my cars. Does that help you in any way with regard to some kind of income-to-car payment formula?

I finance 100% of my cars. That only tells you that I make enough to pay for some monthly payment, but I could be shorting myself in other areas to make this payment.

Both of these examples offer different "percent of net income used on car payment" possibilities. They anchor either end of the scale consisting of the possible methods used to buy cars. All between the two are an infinite number of combinations that are made up of many variables. All of them are equally valid ways to pay for a car. It just depends on the individuals circumstances.
Fair enough. You are correct there are many ways to buy a car.

Maybe I should have just asked, if you financed a car what percentage of YOUR monthly income are YOU comfortable with making payments with?

Old 09-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
...if you notice, i said it depends on many factors...
I agree 100%.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
I'm exactly in that boat im making roughly 200 K a year and am looking at a penthouse and then maybe before summer I want to buy a used lambo in the 150 K range.

I am 25 and single but spend quite a bit on designer clothes and going out partying. Factor in all the chicks im going to get and that lambo is pretty much priceless!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by 997Vancity
I'm exactly in that boat im making roughly 200 K a year and am looking at a penthouse and then maybe before summer I want to buy a used lambo in the 150 K range.

I am 25 and single but spend quite a bit on designer clothes and going out partying. Factor in all the chicks im going to get and that lambo is pretty much priceless!
I feel the same way man. Designer clothes are not cheap! and neither is having a good time at a club or bar. I wouldnt have it any other way tho.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
WOW, so someone would have to be worth 1 million bucks to only get a $50,000 BMW.
Don't see how that is wow-ish.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:44 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HdS
Don't see how that is wow-ish.
In my eyes it's not the norm, but you are entitled to your point of view.
Thanks for responding.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:32 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I can't imagine someone making 300k buying a 160k car.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
I can't imagine someone making 300k buying a 160k car.

That's what I was thinking. I guess it depends on his dependents and the type of house he lives in......

Old 09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CAPTLST
That's what I was thinking. I guess it depends on his dependents and the type of house he lives in......
Its called FRONTIN and its all about how hard you STUNT...I mean FRONT.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I'm thinking that's considered income by the IRS.

Again I have to ask, if someone paid cash for the Lambo, what would current yearly income have to do with it?
Good point on the IRS. I don't do my accounting.

Yes, if someone pays cash for the car, that's different. But even if you make $50k/year and save for a while to buy the Lambo, you still have a $50K lifestyle with a Lambo thrown in. No balance or sense of equilibrium.
I guess I don't mean someone needs/should have the $200K income to pay for the car, but I think that income would be able to support the lifestyle normally associated or compared to the G.
If my views are materialistic of too image-senstive, I'm sorry. But I wouldn't live in a microstudio in the middle of suburbia wearing my Lee Dungarees and driving my Lambo to my school teaching job. I'd rather have everything in my life reflect a better balance.

Just me.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I feel the same way man. Designer clothes are not cheap! and neither is having a good time at a club or bar. I wouldnt have it any other way tho.

Amen. I wouldn't wear Reebok's and Lee Dungarees in my Lambo. Need that balance in your lifestyle of material posessions (house included).

Old 09-17-2006, 11:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Exactly!! We all have almost everything in common, the finer things, iw ouldnt expect anything less though since we love high end car's!

now, thanks for tuning me into this thread Ghost, dont know how i skipped or missed it. Well my turbo was paid for in full coming out of my M3 from a big hit too, other investments allowed me to play with the turbo and do some nice stuff without digging into income monthly or bank account. So as for this bracket, im fine. I want the Gallardo but it might be a little stretch, if i were to finance and pay 1400 a month i could do it with my 30-40k down, but i wouldnt be living comfortably honestly, well after my money towards a CAR (Bank account wise) was used up during the financing and then having to pay monthly through my income, dont think i could do it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Cost vs. Income level