Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.
View Poll Results: What is your train of thought on 160k car?
Less than 75k yr - I'll make ends meet to get what I want
5.13%
75k-125k
3.42%
125k-200k
14.53%
200k-300k
24.79%
300k+ - hell I'll by whatever I want
52.14%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Car Cost vs. Income level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WyattH
Amen. I wouldn't wear Reebok's and Lee Dungarees in my Lambo. Need that balance in your lifestyle of material posessions (house included).
Yea man, youre not stepping out of a Porsche, f car or lambo with much other than Diesels, true religions, rock and republics, D&G, etc.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Exactly!! We all have almost everything in common, the finer things, iw ouldnt expect anything less though since we love high end car's!

now, thanks for tuning me into this thread Ghost, dont know how i skipped or missed it. Well my turbo was paid for in full coming out of my M3 from a big hit too, other investments allowed me to play with the turbo and do some nice stuff without digging into income monthly or bank account. So as for this bracket, im fine. I want the Gallardo but it might be a little stretch, if i were to finance and pay 1400 a month i could do it with my 30-40k down, but i wouldnt be living comfortably honestly, well after my money towards a CAR (Bank account wise) was used up during the financing and then having to pay monthly through my income, dont think i could do it!
Good point man. dont stretch yourself so thin that all you have is a house and a car an not much money to do much else. what good would that be? how u gonna afford the take out the hot tail u get from driving a car like that or any of the nice P, F, and L cars as well as the other nice cars we all drive on this forum?

Old 09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Good point man. dont stretch yourself so thin that all you have is a house and a car an not much money to do much else. what good would that be? how u gonna afford the take out the hot tail u get from driving a car like that or any of the nice P, F, and L cars as well as the other nice cars we all drive on this forum?
Haha nah man its true. All of you guys are like extended family, im honest and keep it real. A few year's down the road from now in my law career, i will be up to that status hopefully. For now its hard work, smart investing and limited stupid spending LOL! GT2 is still in my eye's though, but im still extremely happy with my turbo!

Old 09-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Sniper112 is infamous around these parts
i would say, you should buy a car that costs aroudn 80-90% of your annual income, through a 5 year term lease. That way, you get a car that is decent, but you wont be living poorly after making car payments. This rule of course does not apply to people like Bill Gates, because he can buy 100 Veyrons and 100 McLaren F1s and 100 Pagani Zondas without hestitation

Old 09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
Personally ,I will not spend more than 1 month's income on a car.

Unfortunately my line of work is very unpredictable. One day I'm a genius and many days I cant tie my own shoes.

Last edited by TraderHal; 09-18-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TraderHal
Personally ,I will not spend more than 1 month's income on a car.

Unfortunately my line of work is very unpredictable. One day I'm a genious and many days I cant tie my own shoes.
You must of had a great yr if the 06 M5 is 1 months income...great job.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Its a matter of what your expenses vs income are. No one says you have to have the funds in the bank to be able to "afford" a car. Its all about how much income you have coming in. Assets you currently own have nothing to do with making finance/lease payments. However me being the smart guy I think I am will never buy any car except an exotic, as leases on them are crazy, the rest I lease them I would never sink my money into a depreciating asset dumb dumb move..If you finanace its easier to get out then if you lease so thats not a bad alternative. However the purchase of something such as a

Gallardo
CGT
ETC ETC

To me these are "I have a cashiers check" type purchases. JMHO

Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
I have a question, on a 150 K Gallardo with 30 K down what are my payments going to be around on a 5 year finance?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by 997Vancity
I have a question, on a 150 K Gallardo with 30 K down what are my payments going to be around on a 5 year finance?
Whats your finance rate?

Old 09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Banned
Msoltanian is infamous around these parts
Lease Does It For Us Low Ballers.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
There are crazy finance rates going around for Gallardo's and high end exotic's. It was 30k down and 1440 a month for an 04 gallardo with 4k miles from domani motors, car was 165k to buy it from them. I think he said something crazy like 10 year finance or something!!

Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned
997Vancity is infamous around these parts
10 years is a bit much isnt it?

I am more toward like 30 K down 2200 a month. Own in iono 4 or 5 years?

Is something like that possible?

Old 09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
10 years is a bit much isnt it?

I am more toward like 30 K down 2200 a month. Own in iono 4 or 5 years?

Is something like that possible?
Of course that's LONG hahaa.. But he said almost everyone takes the longet term and minimum payment because people get rid of the cars fast. I know I only keep a car for a year, not even!

Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
I appreciate the members attempt to start a thread on this topic but the problem is that there are so many variables to consider for each person...some of it has to do with cash flow, net worth, etc but there is also a series of less calculated values such as a being a "risk averse" or "risk taker", oppotunity cost, etc...

Old 09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I appreciate the members attempt to start a thread on this topic but the problem is that there are so many variables to consider for each person...some of it has to do with cash flow, net worth, etc but there is also a series of less calculated values such as a being a "risk averse" or "risk taker", oppotunity cost, etc...
Yea that's so true, no way to make a rule of thumb for everyone, because everybody has different situations. Also, I feel it all has to do with yourself, by what I mean is if you were raised and brought up liking the finer things compared to a conservative person who doesn't necessarily like brand names and designer stuff, high end cars and just tranportation to get place to lace, that person would be mor proned to living beyond their means and would put the car and clothes payments or spending before actually working out figures to see if they can actually afford it, I've seen it a lot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Cost vs. Income level