Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.
View Poll Results: What is your train of thought on 160k car?
Less than 75k yr - I'll make ends meet to get what I want
5.13%
75k-125k
3.42%
125k-200k
14.53%
200k-300k
24.79%
300k+ - hell I'll by whatever I want
52.14%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Car Cost vs. Income level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Buy mine
Any further revelations as to what youre gonna get next man? how long have you had the TT?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Any further revelations as to what youre gonna get next man? how long have you had the TT?
Had the turbo about 9 months, i want a GT2, or maybe to switch up the color on my turbo, start fresh and go ALL OUT!!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:20 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Wow I see lots of variety in the owners on this forum and also the maturity level of the members here which I like. I joined this forum since I was looking to graduate to a P-car from my BMW days but now I'm going into the Lambo world quicker than I thought....

In terms of the question posted about car costs vs. income level I think it's a tricky answer based on many factors.

In addition to what has already been said let me just add that life is all about priorities. One of my female friends once told me that we always claim we are busy and have no time, but in reality we WILL MAKE time for things that we want to do so that is never an excuse.

When you relate this to cars, it also holds VERY true in that we will buy what we want based on various points in our life and what we want to do. I'm 30 now and right in the middle of my life in terms of career and cars. Grants cars come and go but many things in our life cannot wait so I would say to a new car buyer to buy what you can afford.

Showing off with nice cars impresses all the people who don't matter but won't impress the people who do matter. Just think about that next time you want to buy a fancy car to show off.

I have some decent cars and mainly getting the Lambo for a few years to enjoy before the kids start arriving. I'm not the overly rich type who can write a check (maybe one day I can) but I can afford the car without sacrificing too much. I dont make $300k a year but do have many real estate investments throughout the west coast so I feel this is a small reward for me right now.

Happy motoring,
rick

Old 09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
EpDarks is infamous around these parts
Frankly, I don't care if I make 100k or 300k, I will own a Lamborghini. I'll live in a 2 bedroom house and drive a Honda Civic daily if I have to.

There is no finer feeling than waking up on a Sunday morning, going strait to the garage, and firing up your baby.

Some people like big houses, expensive vacations, luxury dining, etc. I'm a die hard car lover and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Had the turbo about 9 months, i want a GT2, or maybe to switch up the color on my turbo, start fresh and go ALL OUT!!
Yea I lov ehte GT2 as well. you seem like the type of person who would appreciate that car as well, from what i know about you from talking to you on here. Although, you seem to mention a lot about how you JUST FINALLY got the car dialed in to where you want it. youve only had it for 9 months which is not a long time. its fast, its gorgeous and there are too many around like yours. someone was saying the night that while we love our cars and appreciate them for being on of the best in straightline and especially in handling, that WE NEVER(as regular drivers) even come close to touching the capabilities that these amazing machines are capable of. So in your situation while a GT2, a G, or a GT3 is what you desire for, why not keep honing your abilities in the car you have. because after all, its capable(and this goes for prob 95% of us) of so much more than you have done with it. So why not, no that you have it right where you want it, keep it, maybe go to a stage 3 or 4 for a little more power and really push it to its limit. granted this all goes out the window if you have already done all this, but i dont know so just my thoughts on it. hope it helps. i also thing your color is great but if a change of color is all you need then by all means, get going!

Old 09-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by s4play
Wow I see lots of variety in the owners on this forum and also the maturity level of the members here which I like. I joined this forum since I was looking to graduate to a P-car from my BMW days but now I'm going into the Lambo world quicker than I thought....

In terms of the question posted about car costs vs. income level I think it's a tricky answer based on many factors.

In addition to what has already been said let me just add that life is all about priorities. One of my female friends once told me that we always claim we are busy and have no time, but in reality we WILL MAKE time for things that we want to do so that is never an excuse.

When you relate this to cars, it also holds VERY true in that we will buy what we want based on various points in our life and what we want to do. I'm 30 now and right in the middle of my life in terms of career and cars. Grants cars come and go but many things in our life cannot wait so I would say to a new car buyer to buy what you can afford.

Showing off with nice cars impresses all the people who don't matter but won't impress the people who do matter. Just think about that next time you want to buy a fancy car to show off.

I have some decent cars and mainly getting the Lambo for a few years to enjoy before the kids start arriving. I'm not the overly rich type who can write a check (maybe one day I can) but I can afford the car without sacrificing too much. I dont make $300k a year but do have many real estate investments throughout the west coast so I feel this is a small reward for me right now.

Happy motoring,
rick
Rick man, great post. you comment on the maturity here and then take it one step further with your own post. the part about cars impressing those you dont care about and not impressing those you do care about rings true to why we should buy a car in the first place, FOR OURSELVES. we drive it, we interact with it(more for 6MT drivers, but no offense to e-gear or tip etc), we wash it, wax it, and pretty much do all that sutff, but in the end its our to enjoy and to get excitement out of.

Greg

Old 09-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I agree with what youre saying martin. i grew up very well off, BUT at the same time, my parents were able to teach me(and my 2 sisters) good morals and being a descent person. i ALWAYS got what I wanted and STILL do for the most part since I am in my last year of college(i graduated undergrad and am now in an grad school(MBA program)). i feel that i did learn a good sense of the dollar and really learned that this past summer interning for one fo the BIG 4 accounting firms in the nation. i mean my dad ALWAYS buys cars in FULL and has taught me things such as this, and having good credit, making smart investments, etc.
My friend buying a car in FULL does not make someone smart once again like Tuner states there are alot of variables, I sell private Jets from 2-56m and no one pays for them in cash too much value gained other ways with that kind of $ as well my Dad taught me never sink my $ into a depreciating asset when you can lease it and write it off , now thats smart

Remember the old adage

If it flys, fuc** or floats --lease it don't buy it!

Old 09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc996Miami

Remember the old adage

Yup saving that one...

-Markus-

Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned
mbphreak is infamous around these parts
Everything is relative.

I don't think those salary brackets can be universally applied to everyone spanning across the different states, let alone, the different countries of the world. Why? Simple, different standards of living i.e. different cost of living

100k annually in San Francisco doesn't get you much. The idealised idea of "driving a honda everyday and living in a 2-bedroom home, and still own a 200+k exotic" with an annual 100k salary is not even remotely realistic...not even if you're just renting the 2-bedroom (avg rent is 2,700 to 3,500)! or even if you're living off a daily diet of instant ramen.

Avg. cost of owning a 2-bed in the city of San Francisco = 700k to 1.5mill

Monthly condo HOAs are pretty steep here especially in a nice building and for the larger units = 600 to 1,800

So, lets say you do the standard 15% down, 30yr fixed loan, your mortgage would be in the high 3k to low 5k range, depending on your credit of course. Deduct that from your 100k annual TAKE HOME salary, which leaves you about 2-3K every month.

Now lets figure out the car payment on a 200k exotic. Immaculate credit, 5% down perhaps? Lets thin it out to an 8-yr term w/ 6% interest, that leaves you with a monthly car payment of $3546 (edmunds.com). Well what do ya know, that already puts you in the negative. How are you going to pay for food, electricity, water, and gas? lol

But take that same 100K out to hmm lets say Oregon or even Texas or perhaps amish country lol or if you don't have a mortgage or rent then you're good to go. I think spending more than 50% of your annual income on a car is crazy talk, ESPECIALLY, when it's a depreciating asset.

Last edited by mbphreak; 09-22-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:53 PM
DuPontG35 is infamous around these parts
My dad always taught me to enjoy things while I'm young but not to screw myself and my credit up but if I have the means to enjoy nice cars or whatever to do so now before kids and all the other bs. His words to me about expensive cars was never spend more for a payment than you make in a week or less.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Exotic is infamous around these parts
Atleast $250,000. That car could cost about $2600/month.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Yea I lov ehte GT2 as well. you seem like the type of person who would appreciate that car as well, from what i know about you from talking to you on here. Although, you seem to mention a lot about how you JUST FINALLY got the car dialed in to where you want it. youve only had it for 9 months which is not a long time. its fast, its gorgeous and there are too many around like yours. someone was saying the night that while we love our cars and appreciate them for being on of the best in straightline and especially in handling, that WE NEVER(as regular drivers) even come close to touching the capabilities that these amazing machines are capable of. So in your situation while a GT2, a G, or a GT3 is what you desire for, why not keep honing your abilities in the car you have. because after all, its capable(and this goes for prob 95% of us) of so much more than you have done with it. So why not, no that you have it right where you want it, keep it, maybe go to a stage 3 or 4 for a little more power and really push it to its limit. granted this all goes out the window if you have already done all this, but i dont know so just my thoughts on it. hope it helps. i also thing your color is great but if a change of color is all you need then by all means, get going!
Funny you mentioned its limits, just got back from a HARD drive in my car, pushing and exceeding the cars limits with oversteer, i can say i love it, but still i guerss its that Porsche's are built so damm well and they are so stable, that its not challenging in the turbo , its fun and excited me for a little bit, i still want something even stiffer, made even faster, even more raw though!

Come out to NY, i'll take you for a ride you wont forget, my backyard racetrack

Old 09-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Marc996Miami
My friend buying a car in FULL does not make someone smart once again like Tuner states there are alot of variables, I sell private Jets from 2-56m and no one pays for them in cash too much value gained other ways with that kind of $ as well my Dad taught me never sink my $ into a depreciating asset when you can lease it and write it off , now thats smart

Remember the old adage

Well, when i said smart investments, i wasnt ncessarily referring to buying a car in full. my dad has always had the disposable income to do so. i meant investing in profitable thing as 'smart investment'. i meant that in a general term as to not delve into personal stock preferences, or IPO's etc. i def think my parents have taught me well as my dad is very open to those types of things with me. my dad has leased cars before and for some reason doesnt like it. dont ask me why but thats the way he is. i might in the future lease because i like something new every couple years, but Porsches i will prob always buy because I love them. as for my other car or cars i will likely lease.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Funny you mentioned its limits, just got back from a HARD drive in my car, pushing and exceeding the cars limits with oversteer, i can say i love it, but still i guerss its that Porsche's are built so damm well and they are so stable, that its not challenging in the turbo , its fun and excited me for a little bit, i still want something even stiffer, made even faster, even more raw though!

Come out to NY, i'll take you for a ride you wont forget, my backyard racetrack
Just let me know when man.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Well as for me I work commision only and pay cash for my cars. My wife just got a job so maybe I'll finance something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Cost vs. Income level