Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Aaargh! I'm loosing my mind - Gallardo or 996GT3RS?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Slowpoke is infamous around these parts
Aaargh! I'm loosing my mind - Gallardo or 996GT3RS?!

Guys,

Please help a European guy out here?

Quick background check; First 2 cars were Euro spec'ed BMW M3 E36s, first a 3.0 then a 3.2, after that a supercrazy singled and widebodied Supra Turbo with 800HP crank, traded it in for a 2000 996 C2 cab and got hooked on Porsches for life, best cars ever built, period!

Looving the cab, wanting more performance/handling I traded it in for the current car in my sig. I honestly love this car, it just needs some more HP to make it perfect, hence the natural process towards a 996 GT3RS right? Wrong! There is just one damn obstacle in the way, the Lamborghini Gallardo!

Why, you ask yourself again? Because of the absolute stunning looks of this car, it is just to damn beautiful to ignore, even though I know the RS is better in every other possible way

So, I drove the Gallardo for the first time yesterday (in pooring rain of course ), it was a 2004 E-Gear model (that's what I can afford right now) and I must say I was quite dissapointed..

The engine sound was hardly noticeably in the cockpit, the windshield is shaped making you think you drive a giant school bus or something and the seats was crap compared to my euro GT3 seats I have in my car..

The E-Gear system seemed kind of bearable in everyday traffic but it jerks and bumps in low speeds quite often, is that normal? I can't see a single reason why the E-gear would be better than the manual tranny? Correct?

Make no misstake, I have driven many high-powered sport cars, so I know what to expect when entering a 120K car..

I have a friend with a 2004 360 F1, I drove that car for like 7000km through a roadtrip in Europe this summer and that car is nothing more than a pure GT car, like a sporty SL500 or DB9 at most in my book, nowhere near my 996 in feel, handling or performance, I even keep up with it through all gears on the autobahn?!
The Gallardo is a tad bit more sporty than the 360, but nowhere near what I had hoped for it to be, I mean, isn't Lambo's supposed to be like riding the Devil

So, is the looks of the Gallardo enough reason for me to go with the Lambo and the extra maintenance costs? Or should I stick with the best performance car ever-to-be-built for under 120K, the 996GT3RS?

Enough with the mumbo-jumbo from myside, now I want to hear people who allready know theese answers

Thank you very much for your time in advance guys! I appreciate it!

Best Regards

Old 11-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
No personally the way you describe everything you will regret it in the end. It seems as if you feel like you dont 'fit' in the gallardo go for the porsche. After all you are right, they are the best cars ever built

Old 11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Too hard to decide on these two...

Old 11-03-2006, 08:03 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
gt3rs should be ur tkt outta here my man.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Damn, but the G is soooo damn nice and sexy

Any other guys who have driven/owned both theese cars?

Going to drive the RS for the first time tomorrow, excited

Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 PM
No answers? No Gallardo owners who wants to defend their colors Over in the GT3 section they tell me to go for the Porsche

But in all seriousness, I really need some G owners point of view on this whole ordeal, and I need it bad.. Please? Thanks in advance guys!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:05 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
well if you want a sexy car go for the gallardo. if you want pure performance only, get the rs.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Lakaiguy is infamous around these parts
Love the G but wow \/\/\/\/

Old 11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Axis is infamous around these parts
That GT3RS is just a work of art... I'm speechless...

Old 11-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Nice GT3, a bit much for the street maybe though...

G owners?! Help a guy out please?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:09 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Axis
That GT3RS is just a work of art... I'm speechless...
I agree COMPLETELY! its so stunning and has such pressence that few cars do, I feel this way about all 911s and the cayman s and of course the gt's and CGT!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I LOVE the GT3RS, and i love the gallardo a lot too. i think you need to look at how you are going to use the car. for street the RS might be a little too agressive. it will eat the g on the track all day, but for pure street use the gallardo is set up more for that as the RS is so pure in it intentions, but im sure if for a weekend car you could, AND SHOULD do it!

Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
GT3RS if I was you.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
GT 350 is infamous around these parts
I would take a Gallardo, just because I love the looks of it. Of course I have never driven one so I can't give much input.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Went to look at the Gallardo yesterday again, beautiful car indeed!

I am surprised no one have commented on my thoughts on driving this so called beast, my conclusion is the G owners have nothing to say in defence?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aaargh! I'm loosing my mind - Gallardo or 996GT3RS?!