Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo: daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Gallardo: daily driver?

Any of you guys daily drive your Gallardo? more than 10k miles per year?

With AWD and a nice Audi interior, Im starting to think why not?

Are Lambo maintenance costs as bad as traditional Ferrari?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:05 AM
LV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to allLV Eric is a name known to all
it is an Audi and yes i use mine as a daily driver for thatpast few months, it aint a lambo, just has the name on it.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Are Lambo maintenance costs as bad as traditional Ferrari?
I wanna know that too.

I started to look down on Gallardos, because Gustav's Vids (M5board.com) always feature a Gallardo losing.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:04 AM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
Gallardo is a great car...I love mine. However, it would be a very difficult daily driver. If you want the performance and low mintenance go for a turbo Porsche

Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 AM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Other than maintenance costs, what other advantage would the Porsche have? Next week, Im speaking to my friend that works at the local Lambo dealership about maintenance estimates but how bad is it? I was set on a 360 Modena before. It couldnt be as bad as the Ferrari.

I have a couple other cars that I could drive. I guess Im more interested in knowing whether a Gallardo could hold up to being driven 4-5days per week and upto 10,000 miles per year.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Slowpoke is infamous around these parts
I give all my respect to LV Eric but come on bro, but it is *not* a simple damn Audi! Trust me on this one....

Old 01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slowpoke
but it is *not* a simple damn Audi!
Correct. It's a better looking Audi.

When they yank out the front driveshafts, pull the traction control, do away with the flappy paddle junk, toss in a pair of turbos, and add a few more sharp edges for you to cut yourself on here and there, then it'll be a Lambo.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
sneaky is infamous around these parts
The Lambo can absolutely be used as a daily if need be.

I've put 6K miles on mine in a year, and not a peep out of her.

Temp needle doesn't move...even in the heat of summer with the a/c blowing cold.

No creaks, no groans, no rattles or shakes. The car is built like a rock.

After coming from a Ferrari myself (and hearing all the stories from my friends), this is a refreshing change.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 PM
henryr is infamous around these partshenryr is infamous around these parts
i've heard the gallardo is on par, if not better, that the porsche when i comes to reliability. 996 cars have crappy interiors, imho.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LV Eric
it is an Audi and yes i use mine as a daily driver for thatpast few months, it aint a lambo, just has the name on it.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:22 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'd say it is possible to use as a daily driver...but...it's always a supercar so you know traffic won't be it's real world!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:12 AM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lob12
Gallardo is a great car...I love mine. However, it would be a very difficult daily driver. If you want the performance and low mintenance go for a turbo Porsche
I think it would be a better car than a turbo. My turbo had so many problems, it seemed I had to visit the service department almost every month. Plus you have to deal with warming up/ cooling off the turbos, which can be a real pain if you're in a hurry.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I'm lucky enough to have borrowed a G for the week. I've driven it everyday to work. Yes, the G can be used as a daily driver, provided you don't need to carry a lot of stuff. There is NO trunk space to hold anything.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 PM
pratt is infamous around these parts
996tt not as reliable as gallardo

i have an 03 996tt and now have 38,000 miles on it. I live in the northwest and use it as a daily driver. it has been bullet proof, without any problems except a clutch which i had to replace at 35,000 miles. i am considering a gallardo as well and although i think it is reliable there is no way that it is more dependable than a porsche. it would not be as easy of a daily driver as the turbo as getting in and out of the gallardo is more difficult. do a search on the reliability of the turbo and you will find that problems are rare.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:34 PM
dinko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LV Eric
I hate to agree, but I do.. I'll add that the car is a lot of fun.

Dinko

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo: daily driver?