Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Do people try to race you a lot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Bluestrike2 is infamous around these parts
While I myself do not own a Lamborghini, I can certainly attest to the foolishness that is prevelant on our roadways. Sadly, some teenagers (not all mind you; there are some who aren't braindead), well I should say many teenagers, think that driving is a race from point A to B.

While I recognize this mindset exists in every age, its almost always the teenager I see on the roads around here who gets excited because he got up to a hundred after accelerating for the past two miles in their beater.

We buy cars such from manufacturers such as Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and all the others represented here not merely for their speed but for the overall experience. Speed is only a part of that (granted, sometimes a big part) but the people who try and street race you don't know that.

They never will, so just ignore them - you're better off. They just haven't lost the Fast and the Furious mentality yet.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Curves4S is infamous around these parts
i just stare them down... or i'll motion them to jerk off

Old 02-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
I guess that's the main reason you need 300++ HP toys on the road. So people can challenge others to race and to hear the vroom vroom!!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:39 PM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
NO WAY THE BEST ARE THE *******S WITH THE SRT-4 wow i hate those cars

Old 02-18-2007, 04:02 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
I don't know on the track those are pretty quick, if you're a good driver

When I did skip barber at laguna seca that's what the instructers used, and they pulled on us when we were in M3's haha. But then again most people with SRT-4's aren't good drivers, so you're right.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
aquapuss is infamous around these parts
I get many more thumbs up gestures than challenges to race. Only my friends are inclined to race me all the time. I never do cities and 'burbs anyway.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i don't have lambo either but in any car i had, i had the window tinted.
i try to avoid any contact with the outside world. :-)

Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM
ANUBIS is infamous around these parts
well what I saw/heard till now, even from my friends and tlking to the guys on a red light stop is that they don't really always want to race, they only want to see and hear the beast ripping off the asphalt and see such a car accelerating.... but there are really sometimes complete idiots who think they can mess around with "us"

Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Mustangs. It's always the Mustangs.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
The Pun
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack

I hate those punks in Cobras. They are always jerks and can't drive.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned
bigred6906 is infamous around these parts
I would love to race a lambo on an open expressway here in Miami. I am in love with the murcielago.....If anybody is up for it let me know.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
HAWAI'I is infamous around these parts
coz I want to hear the engine sing.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 PM
AndyZ is infamous around these parts
I know stereotypically in this situation its the kid with a loud civic trying to hit up someone in a porsche, ferrari, or in this case lamborghini...

HOWEVER..

There are instances where the roles are completely reversed as I have experienced this first hand.

I am neither rich, affluent, heck..even "well off"

So I've pretty much owned nothing but your run of the mill beater cars...

A few years ago I was driving my bone stock 1989 Nissan 240SX to the store...and this older man who appeared to be in his late 40s to early 50s pulled up next to me at a stop light in a Lotus Esprit.

I looked over at him only because its an eye catching car. All of a sudden the dude gives me the eye and starts revving on me.

I had no idea what the dude's problem was so I didn't rev back...but he kept revving and revving and when the light hit green he took off wheels screeching and all.

When he realized I wasn't actually tryin to keep up with him...he slowed down and waited for me to catch up and then attempted to hit me up AGAIN.

I couldn't believe it! I started to think maybe he didn't realize what kind of car I was driving..it was kind of dark and the guy was wearing glasses.

A few months ago the same thing happend to me but this time it was a 996 guy. Still driving a 89 Nissan and now some dude in a Twin Turbo Porsche wants to pick on me!

Is my car so laughable that these men felt the need to kick me when Im down? nah

I just think the same mentality that teens have can be said for the older generation too sometimes.

For the kid in the Civic its "I just put an HKS exhaust on my car and its loud which means Im faster than everyone now"

For the rich dude in an Exotic car its "That guy driving the Integra looks like the quarterback that used to beat me up in high school...well I have a cool car now! I'll show him!"

Either way it all equals some level of immaturity. Im sure one day when I have a little more money and Im begining to go senile I'll mess with some young punk in a 2025 Honda civic.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Sameer is infamous around these parts
Andy,

Just some immature bunch of guys you happened to bump into while your dirving, thats all. Dont take it to heart, there is much more to life my friend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do people try to race you a lot?