Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Do people try to race you a lot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Bmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant futureBmw M3 Guy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AndyZ
I know stereotypically in this situation its the kid with a loud civic trying to hit up someone in a porsche, ferrari, or in this case lamborghini...

HOWEVER..

There are instances where the roles are completely reversed as I have experienced this first hand.

I am neither rich, affluent, heck..even "well off"

So I've pretty much owned nothing but your run of the mill beater cars...

A few years ago I was driving my bone stock 1989 Nissan 240SX to the store...and this older man who appeared to be in his late 40s to early 50s pulled up next to me at a stop light in a Lotus Esprit.

I looked over at him only because its an eye catching car. All of a sudden the dude gives me the eye and starts revving on me.

I had no idea what the dude's problem was so I didn't rev back...but he kept revving and revving and when the light hit green he took off wheels screeching and all.

When he realized I wasn't actually tryin to keep up with him...he slowed down and waited for me to catch up and then attempted to hit me up AGAIN.

I couldn't believe it! I started to think maybe he didn't realize what kind of car I was driving..it was kind of dark and the guy was wearing glasses.

A few months ago the same thing happend to me but this time it was a 996 guy. Still driving a 89 Nissan and now some dude in a Twin Turbo Porsche wants to pick on me!

Is my car so laughable that these men felt the need to kick me when Im down? nah

I just think the same mentality that teens have can be said for the older generation too sometimes.

For the kid in the Civic its "I just put an HKS exhaust on my car and its loud which means Im faster than everyone now"

For the rich dude in an Exotic car its "That guy driving the Integra looks like the quarterback that used to beat me up in high school...well I have a cool car now! I'll show him!"

Either way it all equals some level of immaturity. Im sure one day when I have a little more money and Im begining to go senile I'll mess with some young punk in a 2025 Honda civic.
Hahaha that was awsome!

I enjoyed the read!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 AM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts
Around here the M3's must be the new Mustang... I've raced more M3's than everything else combined. That and older turbo Eclipses. Others have included Gallardos, Vipers (old and new style), 5.0L Mustangs, Impala SS's, Evo's, a Testarossa, a 360, and 3 Corvettes at once (C4, C5, and C6). It was much easier on the highway when I had my old 500rwhp 300ZXTT.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Whoaa GTS is infamous around these parts
I always seemed to get harrassed by the Mustangs. There is a local friday night hangout where a lot of muscle cars show up. Nowadays its nothing but cobras and firebirds it seems. Went there a couple times but got tired of the red neck mantality of everyone wanting to race (this is on a highly patroled 30mph street mind you) the last time a friend and I were there (he has a 96 bw gts) a group of Cobras followed us out to the highway. One got along side me and dropped it down a gear and hung there for about 5 miles just waiting for me to drop down. I gave him the nod saying nice leave me alone have a nice day but he persisted. He eventually upshifted, i decided to mess with him, dropped it down into second and took off. Now he can tell all his friends that I was scared to race him lol.