Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Do people try to race you a lot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:50 AM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Do people try to race you a lot?

Today I was just cruising PCH with a friend and this new cobra pulls alongside of me and just hangs there. I knew he wanted to race me, but I didn't feel like it, because I just got the car and don't want to drive it hard yet, and traffic was heavy. So I slowed down about 10 MPH and he slowed down. So I looked over and him and his friend were trying to get me to race, they were like mationing their heads and all that good stuff. So I just nodded my head and kind of ignored them. The next thing I know the guy just floors it as we're approaching a red light and almost rearends the car in front of him. I just kind of thought that was kind of an a$$ move. But anyways, should I expect a lot more of this kind of thing? I mean when i had the Turbo no one would race (either too scared or too cocky?), but in this car it's completely different. I just wish Ferrari's were that aggressive.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
what happened to your Monterey Blue spyder? post pics of Rosso Vik... I love that color!

Yes, people will try to race you, so they can proove to themselves that their car is better than yours, which it's not.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:13 AM
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
Only guys in Mustangs for some odd reason.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
sftobr is infamous around these parts
Good luck with the car . I know what you mean about everyone trying to race you. I ignore it. Do my racing at the track! I have an 06 Murci Roadster in Rosso Vik and I love the color. Probably going to also get a Rosso Vik Spyder to match.Color looks incredible on Spyder.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Sameer is infamous around these parts
Come to think of it, I used to get these rice racers trying to get me to race in my previous Ruf. In the Murcie, they just catch up with me to take a look at the car.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
allkingz is infamous around these parts
Only a tool would try to get you to race in traffic.

If the roads are empty, someone might try to egg you on just so they can hear your car at full song. I know I've been guilty of that.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:46 PM
jwa
Well I did run with a modded 996 Turbo and modded E39 M5 about 2 weeks ago. It kind of sucked since I had to shift at 5.5k RPM's, but the roads were empty and it was early in the morning, so I kind thought of it as an exception.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
jwa
Originally Posted by turbo187
what happened to your Monterey Blue spyder? post pics of Rosso Vik... I love that color!
The Blue one is my dad's, I traded in my Turbo S cab in for the Rosso Vik. I don't really want to post pics, but I think I may give in if the weather continues to be nice.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
I always get people stomping it at the lights or passing me maybe going 5mph faster in town with big grins like we are racing & they just won...they probably post about it too on www.wornoutfordtaurus.com

Old 02-07-2007, 07:07 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey jwa!
If you were in Italy people were all looking at you...the most brave would have asked you for a ride and the biggest group of them would have said congrats to you...just ignore these stupid guys...but if you really can't resist...just smoke them. Wonderful car with the best colour

CONGRATULATIONS

Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Paul N
lmao!! I guess they really have nothing to lose, if they win, they'll go home bragging, if they lose, they wont mind one bit i think, they were probably going into thinking they'll lose.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Paul N
I second that, only mustangs.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
9kredline is infamous around these parts
im still pretty young and foolish

but whenever i see an exotic, i try to get behind it and eventually rev at it. i dont try F&F stunts or anything, but i definetly annoy the **** out of the exotic/try to get him to gun it.

why? because i dont own exotics, and its a rare occasion you get to see one just go full out right in front of you. mmm sound mmm, i mean alot of us come here to watch videos of cars doing crazy ****/goin full out. watchin it live is tons better obv.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I get GTOs and Mustangs and eventually some sprinkling of 3 serieses

Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
the best is young guys in vipers... mostly their daddy's
Everyone seems to think that if they are in a powerful car, it means they can drive... the only time street raced is with a viper, the guy should've won easily, but he couldn't drive at all. Flew past him in a 997S then slowed down once the speed limit was reached just to **** him off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do people try to race you a lot?