Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Factory Visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Sameer is infamous around these parts
Factory Visit

My wife and I arrived at Bologna and stayed at the Grand Baglioni hotel. I would recommend anyone of you'll to stay there. Good 5 star hotel with fantastic food. Next morning, we were picked up by the Automobili Lamborghini factory chaufer in their Audi A8. Pretty decent car. Arrived the factory at about 11am. We were taken around the museum which I'm sure many of you'll have seen photos off it in many forums. Later we were taken around in the factory to show us the start to finish line for the development of the Gallardo and Murcielago. Strictly no photos there. The guide that took us around was Christine. She was pretty impressed with my knowledge of Lamborghini of which I owe you guys from this forum and Lambo Power.

Now comes the best part, yes LUNCH WITH THE MAN-VALENTINO BALBONI. He's a thorough gentleman. We had lunch with him and the public relations woman Francesca Spagna(who is a great person to deal and speak with). Lunch was just perfect and I just could not wipe the grin of my face. My whole purpose to the factory visit was to meet Mr Valentino. I got him to autograph on the photos of my Murcie and a book I bought from the factory merchandie store. Than guess what, Mr Valentino offered to take us for a ride down the Balboni Highway. This was the ride of my life. He took us with the top down on the highway, floored it to about 220km/hr on the straights and hit on the brakes just before the turns, the car oversteered and he corrected it. All this at such a high speed with on comming traffic on the opposite lane effortlesly. Mind you, the roads were quite narrow. Those of you who have been there would know what I'm speaking about. All I coud hear was the engine screaming away behind me with the nice cold strong wind at those speeds. His driving is phenomenal. I have sat in with good drivers who work pretty hard to get the car to slide, oversteer and correct it but with Mr Valentino, he did it all so effortlesly and the whole scenario just seemed so relax. Everything was so quick accept him. It's one visit which I would not mind doing again and which I know I will end up doing in the future. Hope you'll enjoy the few photos I'm posting here.
</SPAN>

Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I really dont know why I cannot seem to attach the photos here!!!

Old 02-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a fun trip can't wait to see the pictures. Use photobucket.com to host them for free

Old 02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Hernando is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sameer
I really dont know why I cannot seem to attach the photos here!!!
Sameer, I had the same problem posting pictures. I agree you should use www.photobucket.com . It makes it so simple, just sign up, upload your photos, then click on IMG under your foto(this copies is) then paste it in your thread or post. Super easy!!

BTW that is a great trip, I would love to do that. How did you get to tour the factory? I would like to tour it one day.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold

Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
sweet! How did you arrange the lunch/tour? I've been dying to go to the factory

Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Sounds exciting...was suppose to go last year but some things came up

Old 02-17-2007, 08:10 AM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Valentino is the absolutel best! I'm very jealous of your experience. I've never been to the factory and now I want to go even more! Thanks for sharing...

Old 02-17-2007, 10:02 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Balboni is badass. I met him at the Concorso last year, very polite & kind guy.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
I love the Miura concept.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Great, do you have any more pictures?

Old 02-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Dan,
Thanks for posting the photos.

Yes Valentino is a great guy in every aspect. I got to meet Rocco Basta, the regional manager for Lamborghini Asia and he hooked me up along with the local agent with them. I met Rocco at the local Lambo agent here. Lunch with Valentino was great.

I have many more photos but it's nothing you guys have not seen. The same cars at the museum.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:41 AM
That's great! More photos are always welcome!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Dan
No problem, Looks like you had an awesome time! I'm really jealous of you

Old 02-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Mike S is infamous around these partsMike S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sameer
Dan,
Thanks for posting the photos.

Yes Valentino is a great guy in every aspect. I got to meet Rocco Basta, the regional manager for Lamborghini Asia and he hooked me up along with the local agent with them. I met Rocco at the local Lambo agent here. Lunch with Valentino was great.

I have many more photos but it's nothing you guys have not seen. The same cars at the museum.
Hello buddy!

Read this before, but I couldn't help but read it all over again. Must have been such a magical experience!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Factory Visit