Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Pre Purchase ques and advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
C4C_leon is infamous around these parts
The e-gear will be "jerky" in hte begining, but as you break it in the jerkiness will slowly fade.
E-gear will let you shift gears way faster than you can on a stick. That's why all the Formula 1 cars are paddle shifters.
On downshifts it will blip the throttle for you automatically, with no over-rev possible. It's way safer for the engine than a stick.
I have a 06 Gallardo e-gear, and I drove a Murcielago e-gear yesterday (no LP640 though) and they are both smooth as silk.
I would never go for a stick if the option for an e-gear is there. Why go for the inferior, old technology?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
ok here is the deal.

Get a manual tranny, they last ALOT longer, probably useful since you are 5000 miles from a dealer.

Last edited by kinnsella; 08-17-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:37 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kinnsella
ok here is the deal.

Get a manual tranny, they last ALOT longer, probably useful since you are 5000 miles from a dealer.
Erm.. For your sake,I hope that was a joke... Lamborghini has an official dealer in New Delhi.. You know where that is,on the map,right?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Karan, whats the current import tax on foreign cars in India. Your total out of pocket cost for the LP640 will stun a few folks ! Last I heard, it was 300% import duty.....still true ?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:53 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RufMD
Karan, whats the current import tax on foreign cars in India. Your total out of pocket cost for the LP640 will stun a few folks ! Last I heard, it was 300% import duty.....still true ?
Even the Porsche 911 does stun most of the people here.Its at about 110 % at present and is bound to decrease to 4 % within the next few years..

Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 PM
sim_plic_i_ty is infamous around these parts
Holy ****, lambo in india...

gaiiind-errr

Yeah, that was supposed to mean "baller" in hindi, so I apologize if it ended up sounding like a rhino, lol

Old 08-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecks
Erm.. For your sake,I hope that was a joke... Lamborghini has an official dealer in New Delhi.. You know where that is,on the map,right?
Do you know you come across as a pompous ***?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:49 PM
supravi is infamous around these parts
Karan

What part of New Delhi do you live in?

And just a side question , do you spend alot more time in India than in the US?

Old 08-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Luxotic
Karan

What part of New Delhi do you live in?

And just a side question , do you spend alot more time in India than in the US?
I live in the southern part of new delhi,also known as South Ex ( Ex - Extension) ... I currently live in India and have a vacation home in L.A.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Do you know you come across as a pompous ***?
I don't recall that particular comment being addressed to you,sir. Pompous ***? More like,a proud Indian. For your reference,the person to whom I addressed that comment,doesn't mind that ( as he is yet to reply) .. I was just joking,as I am sure,he was too,when he said that the nearest dealership is 5000 miles away..

Old 08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Btw guys,since I am exploring my options for a new car,here is my prospective list :

Lamborghini Gallardo
997 GT2
F 430
AM DBS

Yeah,the murci isn't on the list.I kinda changed my mind.Indian roads can't handle that much power.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:39 PM
hamp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ecks
Btw guys,since I am exploring my options for a new car,here is my prospective list :

Lamborghini Gallardo
997 GT2
F 430
AM DBS

Yeah,the murci isn't on the list.I kinda changed my mind.Indian roads can't handle that much power.
Def. go for the AM DBS! Sex on wheels and good power

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey guys.Back finally with final updates.Just got the price list of the gallardo and got it fully configured to my specs..Its a Feb delivery .. Just one final question.. I am still confused on whether to get the E gear or the 6speed.. I drove the Conti GT today with paddles,it seemed fun..It's probably not close to the Gallardo E gear,but it was my first exp with the E gear.. The place where I reside in,in India,is not very crowded and I would be using this car as a DD with my 911.. So discomfort isn't an issue.. So,what should I do??

The option list has the following options:

Giallo Midas/Bi Sportive interior
Stitching in Yellow

Bluetooth
Dark rear lights
leather trimmed sports steering wheel
Rear view camera
Branding package
Smoker version
Transparent engine bonnet
Ipod Prep
Premium Audio System
White side indicators
Travel Package
Interior Carbon package II (Full Carbon)
Callisto black rims
Fully Electric and Heated seats
brake callipers Yellow

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
I think it is a matter of personal preference. My 6 speed Gallardo was a blast to drive and I also love the look if the gate shifter. Driving an e-gear on public roads is more relaxing in my opinion (a few fingers on each side of the steering wheel is all you need) and I do not feel as part of the car as I do with a 6 speed. However, I also had a little bit of a harder time selling my 6 speed because everyone in the states wants an e-gear. Not sure that matters to you. I would strongly advise you to see if you can try both and decide that way. Good luck, either configuration will be a blast to drive!!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Delhiite, cool. I went to Vasant Valley for a few years, lived in Vasant Vihar. I checked out the Lambo dealership too when I was there last summer, they were *******s though and we rolled up in my friends 308 too. Wouldn't give us the time of day. They sell Bentleys too right? They had a Flying Spur and a G spyder in the showroom. I can't imagine using one in Delhi though, the roads and traffic are so ****ty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre Purchase ques and advice