Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Pre Purchase ques and advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Hahaha. They still have the exact same cars standing there.. I live in chandigarh sir ji.. Way less crowded there..

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ecks
Hahaha. They still have the exact same cars standing there.. I live in chandigarh sir ji.. Way less crowded there..
Oh okay, cool. Roads aren't much better are they?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:32 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Oh okay, cool. Roads aren't much better are they?

It's a fairly small city,so the road conditions are much much better here.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Could the Gallardo stick shift owners,just briefly explain to me the exp of the stick shift?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
rotus is infamous around these parts
Hey guys.Back finally with final updates.Just got the price list of the gallardo and got it fully configured to my specs..Its a Feb delivery .. Just one final question.. I am still confused on whether to get the E gear or the 6speed.. I drove the Conti GT today with paddles,it seemed fun..It's probably not close to the Gallardo E gear,but it was my first exp with the E gear.. The place where I reside in,in India,is not very crowded and I would be using this car as a DD with my 911.. So discomfort isn't an issue.. So,what should I do??
Congatulations on the new "G"!

My G is a MY08 E-Gear. I find E-gear to be very choppy and not at all suited to city driving which is pretty much what you're going to be doing unless you make a quick sprint over the AIIMS flyover or spend your time driving in Diplomatic Enclave

For New Delhi would recommend that you go with the stick shift - unless you're going to track the car. In that case E-Gear rules!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by rotus
Congatulations on the new "G"!

My G is a MY08 E-Gear. I find E-gear to be very choppy and not at all suited to city driving which is pretty much what you're going to be doing unless you make a quick sprint over the AIIMS flyover or spend your time driving in Diplomatic Enclave

For New Delhi would recommend that you go with the stick shift - unless you're going to track the car. In that case E-Gear rules!

Thanks man.I am still deciding on it.I actually live in chandigarh (250kms from Delhi) and the traffic here isn't as bad as Delhi.. I hear that the E gear choppiness dies down after the break in.. Is that true? I am even gathering details regarding the F430.. Would you believe it,that there are more 430's in India than the all the lamborghini's ?! I was shocked.. But I am still considering both my options and I would really appreciate if people could tell me their exp's regarding the E gear,cuz I am having a real hard time deciding.. Some say its choppy,whilst others say its perfect.. So please do help me out.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
rotus is infamous around these parts
Thanks man.I am still deciding on it.I actually live in chandigarh (250kms from Delhi) and the traffic here isn't as bad as Delhi.. I hear that the E gear choppiness dies down after the break in.. Is that true? I am even gathering details regarding the F430.. Would you believe it,that there are more 430's in India than the all the lamborghini's ?! I was shocked.. But I am still considering both my options and I would really appreciate if people could tell me their exp's regarding the E gear,cuz I am having a real hard time deciding.. Some say its choppy,whilst others say its perfect.. So please do help me out.
Chandigarh should be a lot better - better and more open roads and less traffic, etc. My company has a presence in Chandigarh and Mohali and I go there often. The driving conditions in the 'burbs over here in Silicon Valley are not dissimilar to Chandigarh, so you should be fine with an E-gear as well.

I like E-gear for the novel driving experience (all my other cars are "stick") and once you get used to driving the car, it doesn't feel choppy anymore.

Send me a PM if whenever you're up here in NorCal and you can experience the E-gear first-hand