Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Pre Purchase ques and advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Pre Purchase ques and advice

Hi guys.. Am planning to buy the Gallardo in a couple of months.. So I thought I'd ask you guys if there were any specifically nice options to install on the gallardo coupe.. Plannin to get it in white.. But would also like your opinion on the color front.
Also,I have always wanted to know whether the gallardo had that high pitch sound like...er... say the CGT...

Any technical issues I should be aware of?And whats the typical wait time for a custom built gallardo..

thanks in advance...

- K.D.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
Best car $ 4 $. The sound is incredible stock but if you just want the thing to roar put a TUBI on it. The car is pretty much as reliable as a Porsche but the clutch life is probably around 7-10K mi. which will cost you about $4500 (with labor) to replace. Get it and you will never regret it.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:29 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Actually I would be buying this car for use in India.. So the TUBI thing would not be possible as I would be getting it from the factory.... I could try a few connections here in India and maybe get the TUBI exhasut imported here...

But i guess the stock sound would be great as well... But temme this.. would it be high pitched ? If yes.. Then at around what RPM? And my other ques remain un answerd... Waiting for replies..

Old 08-04-2007, 05:34 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Stock exhaust sounds outrageous!!
I love the upgraded interior w/perforated leather & piping.
Callisto wheels and clear engine bonnet are a must. If I were ordering a car, I would also get the ceramic brakes.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Clutch will last you MUCH more than 10K if you know how to drive it properly.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeah.. I actually drove around here in L.A. in my Carrera S which is a stick shift and have got the hang of a sports car clutch... As a precaution I might just order a new clutch with the car so that in the event that the clutch needs replacement,I'd have one in stock...
I know it sounds dumb,but I might as well be a little cautious..

Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned
bmorrell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ecks
Yeah.. I actually drove around here in L.A. in my Carrera S which is a stick shift and have got the hang of a sports car clutch... As a precaution I might just order a new clutch with the car so that in the event that the clutch needs replacement,I'd have one in stock...
I know it sounds dumb,but I might as well be a little cautious..
That's not a bad idea. It's better to have it and not need it vs. the other way around.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Btw,how is the E gear? As in,is it better than the stick shift? Is it recommended over the stick? And whats the effect of it on the 0 - 60 times?

Old 08-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Banned
Btw,how is the E gear? As in,is it better than the stick shift? Is it recommended over the stick? And whats the effect of it on the 0 - 60 times?
There are very different opinions regarding e-gear. Most cars have it, but many people don't like it. I've heard the 6 speed on the G is very stiff (in a good way). I've also heard the e-gear can be jerky at low speeds. My advice is to drive both and see which on you prefer.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmorrell
There are very different opinions regarding e-gear. Most cars have it, but many people don't like it. I've heard the 6 speed on the G is very stiff (in a good way). I've also heard the e-gear can be jerky at low speeds. My advice is to drive both and see which on you prefer.
I just had an experience with this yesterday!
I'm on the edge of making a purchase of a P-car, preferably a 996GT3; or perhaps a long term purchase on a 997GT3. The point is that I went into the Lambo dealer here in Atlanta, because they stock a lot of well kept P-cars; and I got to talking with the sale chick (smokin BTW). And she was convincing enough, and hot, that I needed to consider a Gallardo. I was resisting until she said, lets just go drive a couple; just like that. I told her that I am not a fan of paddle shifting, but she was sure that I'd change my mind.

So we got in an e-gear equipped Gallardo, and it was very jerky at lower speeds. Which to be fair, that much HP and torque will surely incur some jerkiness. Then we drove the six speed and it was not as jerky. In the end, I LOVED the six speed, by far, over the e-gear.

I can now say, that I "get it" when it comes to Lambo's... Awesome cars.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Sounds good then.. But I think I should break this news now.. I changed my mund.. going for the LP640.. So any technical snags that I should know of ?

Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Typo there... I meant " mind "

Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Banned
Sounds good then.. But I think I should break this news now.. I changed my mund.. going for the LP640.. So any technical snags that I should know of ?
Wow, that came out of nowhere! I have honestly not seen an LP640 with a 6 speed...I wonder how it is. Again, drive both as that's the only way you'll get a real feel for each transmission. Don't know anything about exhausts for the LP sorry. I think balloon white looks great on the LP and be sure to keep us updated!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Will update you guys for sure.The thing is,that I am getting this car for use in India and as such there are only 4 Lambo's in India,which are on special order.So there is no chance for me to get my hands on a Lambo for a test drive..Thats why I want expert opinions from you guys who own/drive a Lambo Lp640.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
The LP640 is a dream car to drive. The power and sound is wonderful. I prefer the Egear over the manual. If driven properly its less jerky than the Gallardo's Egear and easier to deal with in traffic than the manual. Good luck in your decision. You will love either car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre Purchase ques and advice