Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo owners, please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kinnsella
well the factory has spent 3 years building the car and put out 3,000 plus of them.........04 or 06? Practice does make perfect.

My 06 is as reliable as my 07 BMW. Plus it's faster. O6's have hundred's of changes.
You are the only person I know other than me with an 06 Rosso Letto G. Can you post some pics of the car?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Woodstairs
Buy the 2006 version –

Overall, the 2006 e-gear is a great car. I’ve never had any issues with it and would highly recommended it to anyone.

My 06 Gallardo can run circles around my 430 and GT2 in both handling and high-speed stability, not to mention, it’s more comfortable and exciting to drive. It’s a shame that they depreciate so fast and a Ferrari holds its value so well… Very disappointing when you consider the Porsche and the Lamborghini are mechanically – just as advanced, and in many cases, superior.
Sorry but it only feels like that because of its AWD and heavy weight, at high speed's yes its very stable.. Push that car very hard on the skidpad and that's where you will see the push and weight come into play... With skilled driver's in each you will have diff. outcomes, Gallardo is fantastic though, so solid!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Stryke

This is the only decent picture I have of the car. I'll take a few more when the car comes back from its service.

Attached Images  

Last edited by kinnsella; 08-16-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kinnsella
Stryke

This is the only picture I have of the car. I'll take a few more when the car comes back for its service.
You and Gil have the sickest color you can get on that car

Old 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Here's mine.

OK, I'll stop now.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SCvet00
I am looking to get into a Gallardo soon. I have spoken to about a dozen of people about the car and I am getting mixed responses. My question is, if I were to find an 04, 6 speed G with a D rated clutch in it, would the car still be as reliable as any other year Gallardo (06/07)? Or is there more to it than just the clutch that the 04/05's suffered from when it comes to reliability only?

TIA for any of your help.
I sold my 04 Gallardo with over 10K miles on it..Hands down the most reliable car Ive ever owned..Even more reliable than my 745 and Escalade.

I know a guy with 40K miles on his Gallardo..Still the original clutch.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by TTVIPER
I sold my 04 Gallardo with over 10K miles on it..Hands down the most reliable car Ive ever owned..Even more reliable than my 745 and Escalade.

Finally someone who had first hand experience answers, and who knows what they are talking about!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 AM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
The only problem you will have is clutch replacement cost if you get an E-gear...6 spd. will last much, much longer. The problem with the e-gear is unless you "gun it" you will ride the clutch in slow traffic, parking lots, etc. There is now way to not ride the clutch somewhat in these situations since it is electronically controlled with the catch and release. I've had many exotics from Ferraris, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. and have never burned out a clutch before 35K miles but the E-gear gallardo (o4') had to be replaced at 9K. With the 6 speed you can escape the clutch burning since you have complete control. I loved my E-gear but that is the only problem I had with the car. Outside of that it is bulletproof and an extremely comfortable and reliable exotic.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by lob12
The only problem you will have is clutch replacement cost if you get an E-gear...6 spd. will last much, much longer. The problem with the e-gear is unless you "gun it" you will ride the clutch in slow traffic, parking lots, etc. There is now way to not ride the clutch somewhat in these situations since it is electronically controlled with the catch and release. I've had many exotics from Ferraris, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. and have never burned out a clutch before 35K miles but the E-gear gallardo (o4') had to be replaced at 9K. With the 6 speed you can escape the clutch burning since you have complete control. I loved my E-gear but that is the only problem I had with the car. Outside of that it is bulletproof and an extremely comfortable and reliable exotic.
Thanks a lot guys. This is what I was looking for, experience coming from people that actually own these cars.

I am looking to put 10K miles/yr on this bad boy hence my asking about the clutch.

It seems like the more people I talk to that have owned these cars, the more the responses become universal, which are...a very reliable exotic as long as I get a 6 speed even if it is an 04/05 (as long as the clutch has been updated).

It seems like I have pretty much made up my mind and will be going for an 04 6 speed with an updated clutch. This way I will save on some money and bypass the depreciation hit from a newer G. Thanks again.

Last edited by SCvet00; 08-18-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !

Interesting. Do you know the year of his G?

Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Interesting. Do you know the year of his G?
2004 (6 Speed)

Old 08-20-2007, 12:17 PM
2004 (6 Speed)
That is definitely good to hear. I can't wait for mine..

I just hope I don't miss the brutal performance of my sold C6 Z06 too much.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:44 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
u should just buy shanks 06. not that this is a flame or anything but how come youre all of a sudden interested so much in 997TT's and g's? outgrew the z06?

Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Sorry but it only feels like that because of its AWD and heavy weight, at high speed's yes its very stable.. Push that car very hard on the skidpad and that's where you will see the push and weight come into play... With skilled driver's in each you will have diff. outcomes, Gallardo is fantastic though, so solid!
+1...all terrific cars tho any way you look at it.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
That is definitely good to hear. I can't wait for mine..

I just hope I don't miss the brutal performance of my sold C6 Z06 too much.
I went from a 1000HP Twin Turbo Viper to a Gallardo..Trust me- You won't miss your Z06 for a second.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo owners, please help!