Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lamborghini Supercar ?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Adismo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
i cant say much
except for the fact that when we were all young, we had posters of the Countach on our walls, because we believed it was the ultimate super car, i think history will repeat itself soon, in a slightly different variant.

i love it. can i put a deposit on a poster?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
The only Lambo supercar that was "supposed" to be positioned over the LP640 at one time was the new Miura concept, which was rumored to have a 700 hp N/A V12.

But last I heard, they weren't going to produce it.

I take it, this isn't it?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
There is a God. I cannot wait for this! Seems like Lambo has been on a continuing streak with just pumping out ridiculous cars one after another.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by black430
Lambo has said its building a Veyron killer.
Porsche said that too...

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1...ph=All&dec=All

Carrera GT successor anyone?

Last edited by Zeus; 08-16-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zeus
The only Lambo supercar that was "supposed" to be positioned over the LP640 at one time was the new Miura concept, which was rumored to have a 700 hp N/A V12.

I take it, this isn't it?
no... Lamborghini wants to keep the Miura an icon.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM
NBCGT is infamous around these parts
Quote from qvpower on fchat

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe sackey
This is riveting stuff. It begs a few questions that inquiring minds wish to know the answers to:

- How do they come up with $1.5m US? (asking a price like that reveals that the car must have a Murcielago chassis cast in solid gold)
- What guarantees are there that this car will in fact materialize and when? (after all, they dont even have a running/driving car...)
- What guarantees are there this will not turn into a series of 200 cars thus devaluing the initial investment of the 'chosen few'? (trust me on this one folks, I dont care what 'line' the factory is giving, no manufacturer will tool up and make just 20 units of any car, no matter what they are telling you now)
- What specification will the car have? (jet plane cockpits are cool but for $1.5m shouldnt it have ICBMs and an ejector seat?)

I think we should all wait and see.... As 2NA suggested with the Bowie lyrics (Im sure he is speaking directly to Automobili Lamborghini SpA): "Ground control to Major Tom, please take your protein pills and put your helmet on"... earth is calling. Come back down.

Joe
www.joesackey.com

Joe, I think at 1.5mil us which at 20 cars would be 30 mil... It is entirely possible that it might be a limited production if based on the murcie chassis... Because if you look at the p4/5 its cost was at around 3 mil? That was for tooling etc to make the rebody. With tooling, the per part cost is not as high... So very roughly, if you spread it out over the 20 cars based on the 3 mil comparison, you are looking at additional 150-200k a car. So given the new LP at 300k factory cost and add the 200K, it is entirely possible to do. And at 1.5 m a piece, Lamborghini is making some good money which I suspect would be partly to fund the new chassis development of the murcie replacement since Audi probably is not pouring anymore money... Not to mention that the murcie chassis is much cheaper to manufacture versus an enzo... and because the chassis tooling cost has been spread over the normal production model. The v-12 is also easy to redevelop to just bump up displacement and might be in the lp with wing that has been running around in germany... Weight of the vehicle if with a similar 12 with more displacement really wouldnt change and thus there would be only requiring smaller redevelopment on the chassis to cope with the added power which again might be what the lp with the wing is doing....

But as to whether the car materializes, if based on the speculation that it is on a murcie chassis, very very possible.

No guarantees on the 20turning to 200 cars. But, so far I think based on the limited series that Lamborghini put out and their track record of not producing surplus, sticking to 20 cars might be a distinct possibility. And Lamborghini I think knows that there are a handful of people who are willing to spend the money on the car and it would be wise not to rub their customers the wrong way? Not to mention, Audi/ lamborghini probably learned already a good lesson from the bugatti veyron .... Hopefully.... And if they are making a very sizable profit based on exclusivity, Lamborghini wouldnt want to rethink or change the formula again....

Old 08-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Anyone got a any idea's of how it would look?

Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Italian21
I agree guys...the color is something to digest, but if you get into the whole story it makes sense. The car is street legal. They spent many hours following the Raptor attack plane at various military bases and derive a lot from that as the inspiration, especially the instrument cluster which again is so awesome. The exclusivity and it's unique nature got me....plus anytime you can get a supercar at sticker you just do it and figure out the pieces later. It's pretty radical looking....alot like a fighter plane and the carbon is just insane. The only thing it shares are the doors from the LP and mirrors. The rest is totally new.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:44 AM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
sounds f'ing crazy! hopefully, we can get more info soon

Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, can't wait for this one...

Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Gill is a jewel in the roughGill is a jewel in the roughGill is a jewel in the rough
some of the things said about this sound unreal... this is about the most excited I've been for an unveiling that I can remember?!!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
wow, that was very unexpected news! can't to see what it looks like, fighter plane inspired sounds sweet

Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Adismo is infamous around these parts
lambo needs to cut to the chase and desing all their cars in the shape of a dong.

why yes, that IS my lamborghini

Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
ELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really nice
Yep, there is a great discussion/speculation on fchat:
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=162607

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Supercar ?