22.61%
Lexus LFA
17.39%
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
14.78%
Lamborghini LP670-4 SuperVeloce
45.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Is Lexus crazy or what? Info on the new LFA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I would choose any 3 of those cars over the LF-A. How about a 430 scud AND a panamera turbo/quattroporte for everyday driving. If you look at it this way the choice is VERY simple.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by See-Fu
everyone that could afford it would.
Not me
I wold take and R8

Old 01-30-2010, 11:52 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kosmo69
my GUT/GUESS/SPECULATION is that L is sandbagging the #'s. I bet it will outperform the TT.
It will be interesting to see how the L compares w/ the upcoming 458 & McClaren.
Stay tuned.
Lexus like the GTR I believe are posting numbers the street car won't obtain. GTR has still not proven the ring times with a standard from the Nissan dealer car. It's easy to post numbers with different suspension setup and tires. Not to mention how easy it would be to pump up an engine for a quick lap time.

19 or so pages here and who is leasing as Lexus states (buying) one of these would be my question? No way would I add a car with No history or heritage. No way would I add a car that looks like this. I'd buy a GTR in 2 seconds ( never will btw ) and park the other 300k into a car with some teeth. Yes some collectors will buy one just some

Old 01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
This is an excerpt of a review from Car Magazine, it sums up what I have thought.

Good as the LFA is , it'd be a determined, self confident man that turned away from the faster, cheaper (and ok more ubiquitous) new Ferrari 458 Italia and stuck down a third of a million quid on a car with no real racing or supercar pedigree that will be mistaken for a new 70k Euro Nissan GT-R rival on every petrol station forecourt.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjbravo
You mean F6.

Yep, unless Porsche is making a new engine that we don't know about!

The LF-A sucks, there are so many other cars available that are better.....blah, blah blah! It's Toyota/Lexus' first attempt so let's cut them a little slack......do I need to remind you of the first attempts by Porsche (actually a suped up VW) Lamborghini and Ferrari to name a few? They didn't exactly take the automotive industry by storm!

-just sayin

Last edited by UMADBRO; 01-30-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:26 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
I would choose any 3 of those cars over the LF-A. How about a 430 scud AND a panamera turbo/quattroporte for everyday driving. If you look at it this way the choice is VERY simple.

An F-430 Scudiera as a daily driver? Now that's classic..........it doesn't even have door panels LOL

-just sayin

Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
so im under the impression lexus is hand picking people to lease this supercar. heres the question.. from what i have read, you have to have previously owned a lexus right. so how many ls430 owners would even think to own a car like this.. maybe 12?

o, and it looks like a gtr

Old 01-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
...do I need to remind you of the first attempts by Porsche (actually a suped up VW) Lamborghini and Ferrari to name a few?

VS.

Seriously, who here is defending Lamborghini's heritage and pedigree when they first decided to sell a car that cost as much as a Ferrari? And please tell me that Pagani had more heritage when they offered a car that had poorer performance specs than a Ferrari 550 (yet cost more than the Ferrari); that original 400-hp Zonda had an engine straight out and unmodified from a Mercedes SL.

And regarding the Car Magazine quote, if you can afford to drop 375 large on a supercar, chances are pretty damn good that you're already determined and self-confident. The assumption that Car is making is that the choice is either the LFA or the 458, when that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Both Car & Driver and 5th Gear feel that the 599 is the closer competitor to the LFA. Considering price, volume, and layout, this makes more sense. Also keep in mind that Car is from the UK, where the LFA costs much more than in its primary markets: the US and Japan. As such, it makes less sense to compare a car that costs twice as much as another and is built in only ~1/20th the volume.
There are plenty of people who own exotics and supercars, but have a Lexus as a daily driver. I have not heard of this prerequisite in any case, though it no doubt helps.

Last edited by Guibo; 01-31-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:11 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Yep, unless Porsche is making a new engine that we don't know about!

The LF-A sucks, there are so many other cars available that are better.....blah, blah blah! It's Toyota/Lexus' first attempt so let's cut them a little slack......do I need to remind you of the first attempts by Porsche (actually a suped up VW) Lamborghini and Ferrari to name a few? They didn't exactly take the automotive industry by storm!
Porsche and Ferrari didn't take the auto industry by storm WTF..Have you priced the 250 GTO's out there lately. Ferrari must have done something right with one selling last year for 30 million. No NEVER Not 40 or 50 years from now will a LFA sell for 30 million. Yes and your suped up VW's the late 50's Speedsters by Porsche must be crap as well with top examples selling for a Quarter Million today when they were $6-7k new.

An F-430 Scudiera as a daily driver? Now that's classic..........it doesn't even have door panels LOL
-just sayin
I'd daily drive my Scuderia in a heartbeat way before I took my CGT out daily. The new Ferrari's are extremly easy to handle around town and I wouldn't hesitate taking it many places.

I've still seen no one claiming they are leasing one. Anyone?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
i like reading the toyota/lexus fanboi's responses. posting pictures of tractors and beetles... brilliant.

lexus will never ever ever ever be even considered in the same league as Porsche Lamborghini Ferrari et al.
its a design exercise that may well lead to some nice improvements for the camry and corolla(ha). but dont for a second think this is the beginning of toyota's rise to supercar glory.

i see your tractor, and raise you a 1984 corolla.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough2slow2speed is a jewel in the rough
Wow, lots of hate all over the place here, I don't even own a Lexus or a Toyota and really dislike the fact that Toyata has not been building anything interesting when it comes to sports cars recently, but the LFA seems to be an interesting car. Just because it is being built by Toyota should not take anything away from the car.

If it wasn't for Chrysler then the VW group Lamborghini would have been dead as a car company. Same goes with Ferrari, if it wasn't for Fiat, Ferrari would be dead as well. Lotus would be dead if it wasn't for the Proton Group taking over them back in 94. Porsche without their joint projects with the VW group would have been in trouble as well (even before the buyout).

It seems that some folks fail to acknowledge that sometimes big companies do infuse quite a bit of their design methodology/expertise to the so called exotic automakers to actually make them viable as a business.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
It's not really who built the car, it's the car they built; what the car can do, and how much they are charging for it. You really can't love a car that costs twice as much as cars (with some history and pedigree) that can out perform it.

It's almost the "anti-NSX"; might be "reliable", have close to supercar performance, it is built with exotic materials... but it compares (some would argue it almost compares) in performance to a Gallardo, or 997tt; but instead of costing half, if doubles the entry fee.

Possibly a great car, just not a significant one, and likely not even close to a "game changer". Plus, someone already made a carbon fiber, ten cylinder, ridiculously expensive supercar that (based on the numbers available) still outperforms the LFA for less money.

Veyron performance for a third of the money would be interesting; GTR performance for 5 times the money is not - who built it really does not matter.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:16 PM
This is still a lexus forum...........right?

Good insight but I will simply state that Lexus doesn't need to compete with the big exotics and honestly I don't think they ever will. Lot's of racing heritage with the majors. Be that as it may, if they can create their own little niche and provide another option in this class, this is a win win situation and makes for better competition and ultimately a better product for the consumers!

+ Rep all around

Last edited by UMADBRO; 01-31-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
No one said the LFA is a piece of junk, but imagine if Acura would have debuted the NSX priced more than the the 348 or 355 that performed much worse despite its at the time very exotic construction. Imagine if a NSX had of cost as much as the Jaguar XJ220 or Ferrari F40?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 PM
I can see this car definitely exisiting in a multi exotic car household, but I can't imagine someone walking by a 458 Italia, Mclaren MP4 C-12 or even Bentley Continental GT Super Sports to pay more to own an LFA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Lexus crazy or what? Info on the new LFA.