Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

Why is Lexus NOT on recall list?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
That's a little harsh^^^^ LOLZ

Old 02-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Trace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Uh.. I think maybe you are the one blessed with ignorance.
As for the lexus recall, it is on the floormats.
You are also blessed with ignorance. It takes like what, 2 secs. to remove a floormat (you call that a recall) and you are 100% satisifed the problem is solved. Believe me, if that was your family in the car, you'd be singing a different story here...and it aint about floormats.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Trace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
umadbro?

Just be thankful it did not happen to your family. So you're damn right I'm upset. Toyota is announcing this huge recall and forgetting to include big brother. There is a young girl without a father, mother and sister now. You think that's something to laugh about?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Who's laughing?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trace
You are also blessed with ignorance. It takes like what, 2 secs. to remove a floormat (you call that a recall) and you are 100% satisifed the problem is solved. Believe me, if that was your family in the car, you'd be singing a different story here...and it aint about floormats.
You once again show your ignorance. What makes you think that the recall is just removing the floor mat? The gas pedal is being re-shaped and the ECU is being programmed to add a override so that the fuel will cut off if the brake and gas pedal is pushed at the same time. Hardly a 2 second recall. Again, do some real research before embarasing yourself.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM
LittleJohny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Uh.. I think maybe you are the one blessed with ignorance. The Toyota recall is on gas pedals made by CTS on cars built in the U.S. The same Toyota models made in Japan with parts from Denso do not have this problem. Lexus models are all made in Japan with the exception of the RX (some made in Canada) and they do not use the same gas pedals.

I love how he completely ignored this, which is the probably the main reason why Lexus isn't affected by the recall.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM
everyone just take a deep breath and chill...........this crap will get fixed and Toyota/Lexus will survive (believe me).

Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
most cars will override throttle when the brakes are on.... thats why we cant brake boost stock ecu porches... i know its partly a manf. defect but commmmee onnnnn would it happen to any of us??? and the 911 operater says "pray"... wowwww how about saying nuetral!!!.... really stupid freak thing that happened on all parts.. and its strange that the brake does not override throttle from the get go..

Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
i read somewhere that God is about to recall Humans, as they are prone to stupidity.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by kosmo69
i read somewhere that God is about to recall Humans, as they are prone to stupidity.

-just sayin

Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
bigdog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Trace
You are blessed with ignorance - only a few are given that special gift from above...be very thankful you are one of the few.

So when your Lexus gas pedal get stuck (due to floormat issue) and you hit a tree at 100+mph (with your family on board), I'll make sure to tell your love ones not to sue Toyota, because you said it here, not me..."Toyota is not Lexus and Lexus isn't Toyota."

lol got em !!!!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
everyone just take a deep breath and chill...........this crap will get fixed and Toyota/Lexus will survive (believe me).

There was a recall for ES350 and IS250 and 350...............

I am hearing that the Floor mat recall was a cover-up from higher up in the big automaker. They always knew that there was a problem with the gas pedal/ignition push start cut-off mode/ Brake system.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...l_details.html

http://green.yahoo.com/news/afp/2010...anytoyota.html

REPORT: Toyota execs deny cover-up after feds rebuke automaker over runaway car investigation — Autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/12/v...ecall-coverup/

Now i have a question? How much can you get? bluebook value? for a Toyota/Lexus these days to come? I would hate to be a toyota/ Lexus owner. Because when the smoke clears it wont be good! Believe that............

Last edited by Immanuel; 02-12-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
Old 02-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Immanuel
There was a recall for ES350 and IS250 and 350...............

I am hearing that the Floor mat recall was a cover-up from higher up in the big automaker. They always knew that there was a problem with the gas pedal/ignition push start cut-off mode/ Brake system.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...l_details.html

http://green.yahoo.com/news/afp/2010...anytoyota.html

REPORT: Toyota execs deny cover-up after feds rebuke automaker over runaway car investigation — Autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/12/v...ecall-coverup/

Now i have a question? How much can you get? bluebook value? for a Toyota/Lexus these days to come? I would hate to be a toyota/ Lexus owner. Because when the smoke clears it wont be good! Believe that............
I don't/didn't buy my car because I'm concerned about resale value. Cars are the single worst investement you can make, and nothing depreciates more the second you drive it off the lot. I'm not a car collector, I'm a car enthusiast and I don't purchase cars for financial gain.

The IS-F is not afflicted by the recall, so your response is a moot point in regards to my car.

You being a Dodge Viper owner, a car on the brink of being scratched completely because of poor sales and lack of interest from a car that gets 10 mpg should at least understand the big picture. I'm considering a used ZR1 in the next year or so, would you disuade me from my purchase because GM is in total chapter 7 and 11 (complete liquidation) and has one of the worst reputations in regards to reliability?

-justsayin

Originally Posted by Immanuel
This is a Lexus forum not Toyota, so I'm not sure as to the validity and purpose of you posting a link to an article regarding Toyota recalls!

Last edited by UMADBRO; 02-13-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned
First off Viper can have poor sales. It was never meant to sale for the Masses like the IS-F. The Viper brand is a Halo sports car. I mean since the birth of the Viper in 1992 till now only about 25K Vipers were made. Period!!!!! You can’t put Viper and a IS-F in the same sentence (two completely different cars for completely different a performance, completely different production of car). Viper is a raw race car made for the streets. And as far as mpg? Is that why you own a IS-F? If you have to talk about gas mileage and own a high hp car. Buy an ES300 or a Hummer to make that bad gas mileage statement (that’s why Hummer is going away). And MPG that is not why dodge (the parent company of the Viper brand) is in trouble. Actually Dodge's troubles have nothing to do with the Viper. And what you are talking is the past, Dodge is actually not in trouble with the Viper Brand leaving (hence the ACR-X a plus 100k race track only car). Viper has been breaking and passing world track time records next to half-million to million dollar exotic elite sports cars for a more than a decade now. They are actually keeping the low produced, hand made, 200mph off the showroom floor Viper around. Its just keeps setting the bar higher in the race track world. I own all my cars (no loans) and resale on the Viper fell like all other cars out there including Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. I don’t see your point??? I can sell my used Viper right now and buy a IS-F brand new with the same money.

I am not trying to turn this topic into something different but you need to get the facts straight. I was not speaking directly about the ISF but the company as a whole. AND YES Toyota is the parent company of Lexus. A Lexus ES is an upscale Toyota Camry just open the hood and look at the engine.

FYI, sorry for any spelling errors.

I don't/didn't buy my car because I'm concerned about resale value. Cars are the single worst investement you can make, and nothing depreciates more the second you drive it off the lot. I'm not a car collector, I'm a car enthusiast and I don't purchase cars for financial gain.

The IS-F is not afflicted by the recall, so your response is a moot point in regards to my car.

You being a Dodge Viper owner, a car on the brink of being scratched completely because of poor sales and lack of interest from a car that gets 10 mpg should at least understand the big picture. I'm considering a used ZR1 in the next year or so, would you disuade me from my purchase because GM is in total chapter 7 and 11 (complete liquidation) and has one of the worst reputations in regards to reliability?

-justsayin

This is a Lexus forum not Toyota, so I'm not sure as to the validity and purpose of you posting a link to an article regarding Toyota recalls!

Last edited by Immanuel; 02-13-2010 at 07:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why is Lexus NOT on recall list?