Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:05 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snakebitten
If I can afford 400k for the LF-A then I surely can scrounge up a few more thousand for the 599 GTO which will also be exclusive and has been sold out. Only 599 units will be made.
If they have been sold out, what makes you think you can find one for a few thousand more than 400k? Do you have any idea of what it takes to get this kind of car at anything close to MSRP? Unless you have bought one new or one used Ferrari before from a dealer with which you have a very good relationship, the odds of you getting one at anything close to MSRP are probably slim to none. Unless you're a big-name baller or CEO. Are you?

germeezy:
Would it surprise you to know that I've defended the Ford GT on a Ferrari forum? Does that mean I have any intention of buying a Ford GT? No, it does not. Nor does it make me a fanboy for defending said car. I actually would have very little interest in buying a GT-R even if I had the money to buy one tomorrow. Just because someone defends a car doesn't mean they're a fanboy. Maybe they just like to poke holes in ridiculous assertions, like "all the mags questioned the worth of the LFA" or "Car A is in the same class as Car B, even though it costs 2x's as much and is built in 1/20th the volume" or "you said performance doesn't matter." Do note that these are all issues that you have failed to address in this thread, and that marks you out as something of a fanboy too. Pot...kettle. Same with your "rudeness" comment. You are just as guilty of slinging insults in this thread as anyone else, so don't hide behind etiquette.
And why do you expect that an LFA buyer will necessarily respond in a thread on a heavily Porsche-biased forum? Did it ever occur to you to ask these questions on a Lexus forum? Again, another issue you danced around.
And in case you missed the article posted in the other thread, there are reasons outside of rarity for which people are buying this car, stated by the buyers themselves. Many of those reasons were cited in numerous LFA threads here, months ago. All it takes is an open mind to understand and accept this. Yet your inability to do so, again, marks you out as the fanboy here.
If performance/$ is such a relevant issue to so many buyers, then why do so relatively few buyers in the $75k class of cars buy Z06's? I'd wager Porsche alone sells 4x's as many $100k+ 911s as GM does of the ZR1. Many of these will be heavily optioned-up Carrera S's, so don't stand a chance against a ZR1 in terms of objective performance. Even GM themselves know that performance/$ can't sustain the Corvette forever, which is why they're seeking to broaden the Corvette's appeal.

As for the long gestation period, you have only yourself to blame. Back in 2005, Lexus released the following info:
- over 500 hp from a displacement of less than 5 liters (does that sound like Enzo or CGT performance targets to you?)
- it would parallel the drivetrain development of whatever was used in F1 at the time, and would be unlike anything they've ever built before (ie., it's not going to be another turbocharged Supra; they've already done a Supra and F1 was still NA at the time)
- it was conceived as a new global direction in global design for Lexus, with a blend of luxury and precision operation (ie., it's not a blunt instrument intended primarily for objective performance, like the Z06 is)

Old 06-12-2010, 07:19 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Guibo
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

More of the same parsing of posts and finding some off tangent issue to imply and argue about that has nothing to do with what the point of the persons post was.

I noticed you chose to ignore the obvious point of my posts about the 599 GTO being the superior car for the money. Thats ok I understand. You cant argue that point so you had to parse and imply things from my post so that you can have something to keep the arguing going. Really getting tiring Guibo. Its as if you are deliberately doing it lol or maybe its too early in the morning for me.

Obviously Im refering to the comparable msrp between both of them and not the silly scenario you bring up about
Originally Posted by Guibo
If they have been sold out, what makes you think you can find one for a few thousand more than 400k?
This is irrelevant to the conversation as I never stated I was buying one or had the means to buy either but thanks for thinking so highly of my financial status.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:36 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Great post Guibo, but the members in here who speak reality are fighting an uphill battle. When people want to engage in cogent dialogue regarding cars, it is imperative to have an open mind but that is nearly impossible because most (if not all) harbor some kind of biases. In the end we can at least agree to disagree.

But for the rare few who possess little (if any) amounts of reason and intellect, they will ultimately fall into the same trap set forth by members who do in fact hold a shred of vision and credibility....insisiting that for 60k, you could have just purchased a Z06. It is the end all fanboy, troll, inane and incredulous rant and has been used in here (and other forums) for years. The formula is simple I'm affraid for spotting said fanboy trolls...........just look for the Z06 in threads that have nothing to do with said car in forums that have absolutely nothing to do with General Motors er Chevrolet.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:55 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Great post Guibo, but the members in here who speak reality are fighting an uphill battle. When people want to engage in cogent dialogue regarding cars, it is imperative to have an open mind but that is nearly impossible because most (if not all) harbor some kind of biases. In the end we can at least agree to disagree.

But for the rare few who possess little (if any) amounts of reason and intellect, they will ultimately fall into the same trap set forth by members who do in fact hold a shred of vision and credibility....insisiting that for 60k, you could have just purchased a Z06. It is the end all fanboy, troll, inane and incredulous rant and has been used in here (and other forums) for years. The formula is simple I'm affraid for spotting said fanboy trolls...........just look for the Z06 in threads that have nothing to do with said car in forums that have absolutely nothing to do with General Motors er Chevrolet.
All this unnecessary verbage just to say you ride with team LF-A Its funny that you accuse us of being biased and blinded yet your post speaks for itself about your bias and inability to see where some of us are coming from. If we dont agree with you and your teams opinion then we dont have intellect, reason, credibility and vision. You just did exactly what you accuse some of us of doing.

Ill tell ya Puffy really messed peoples heads up with the PHD thing. Just because someone gives critical analysis doesnt make them bias or haters. Nothing is perfect in this world. If you dont want people around with differing opinions on subjective things then you shouldnt be on a car forum.

In other words just like everything cause if you dont you a hater You guys are so close minded that you cant see that most of us that posted are actually fans of the brand and the car just disappointed with what could have been a better product, and easily at that. Ive stated over and over that I see where you guys are coming from and agree with some of what you say. But your bias and close mindedness dont allow you to see our side of things. If you ask me you are the one showcasing bias and lack of reason.

Ive tried a few times already before your verbage to come to a consensus but you guys dont want to even attempt to see our side of things as some of us have seen yours. Glass house, stones.

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-12-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
I'm confused and unable to read your post because you never mentioned the Z06!

Team LFA-1
Team Z06 Fanboy Troll-0

just sayin

Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !

Team LFA-1
Team Z06 Fanboy Troll-0

just sayin
You guys are so far behind that its like your in a roll race between a 599 GTB and an LFA!

I can't understand how guys that are defending paying $400k for a Lexus are having issues with reading comprehension. No amount of drivel or the " Hope " lingo you picked up from BHO is going to change my mind, or my humble opinion. Which is what I have said all of this time that this is my humble opinion. I have also said my disappointment is mainly with Toyota and their ability to bring a class leading car to the table not being utilized.

Again you guys have failed to answer my two questions, is it easier to line item pick apart our posts and debate that way? Or wait Team LFA is it easier to distract us by making it a Corvette vs LFA argument? This isn't about the Z06, I could have made it any number of cars at least $100k under the LFA's price point. The Z06 just drives home that this car should be at least 2 if not 3 classes below the LFA.

Again I ask

Again I ask you to ask yourselves, what do you think happened with the LFA. With the recent media debacle and the hemorraging of cash do you think they finally had to stop development instead of continuing to pour cash into the LFA program? Would you as a company owner want your halo car to not have a clear advantage over its competition if you plan on asking for a significant cost raise vs its competition?
And I ask if you received around $400k tomorrow how many of you on team LFA would have one sitting in your driveway. Or better yet if you could trade your cars for one car in the $400k range would it be the LFA?

You guys must forget the history of Lexus, which is offer a better car for less money than the competition and eventually bring the car pricing to parity.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Guibo I have long since stopped responding to you or even reading your posts. Does anyone else have anything to add to this discussion and I don't mean subtract from this discussion. Apparently I am not allowed to have an opinion about a car company that I support, if it does not fit in with the Lexus collective!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
As much as I agree with germeezy on this, the question about $400k, etc... is moot, because you can't buy one.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
As much as I agree with germeezy on this, the question about $400k, etc... is moot, because you can't buy one.
Its more of the fact that I think the LFA should be better taking in account its price than a debate over its value. It is definitely worth $400k that is not in debate!

Old 06-12-2010, 01:44 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
I can't believe how strongly you guys feel about these cars without ever driving one... or being in a financial position to buy one. No wonder this thread is going absolutely nowhere, because which of you are going to go get an LFA?? Or even better, which of you are going to go buy a Z06 but have LFA type money?!?! If you have a 400K budget for a super car, would you really buy a Z06??? Really? Because it is almost as fast as the LFA right? riiiiiight... I can speculate what I would buy with 400K... but you know what, it won't matter, and my argument would be pointless because I don't have 400k to spend on a car/cars... some of you may be surprised, but if you had that 400K, and you went and test drove one... you might change your mind on this car. Those that think you would buy one, maybe you wouldn't... it's totally different arguing magazine performance specs, and actually going from ferrari dealer to lambo dealer to porsche dealer to... LEXUS dealer shopping for one. People argued the other way around with GTR vs. 911 all of the last 2 years.. that didn't get anyone anywhere but at least that was more realistic and most of us have driven and ridden in both 911 turbos and GTR's.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Team LFA-1
Team Z06 Fanboy Troll-0

just sayin
BTW the Team LF-A remark was tongue in cheek. I think most that posted in this thread like the car to varying degrees just some are a bit disappointed in some areas which leads to strong opinions on our sides.

Just sayin

BTW Jhuang its a car forum where people discuss any car. We are discussing a known set of parameters in the acceleration and the subjective area of appearance. Why do we have to go buy one and drive it before we can have an opinion on its acceleration and its looks? We aren't discussing ergonomics, build quality or some other subject we would deffinately need to at least drive the car to have an educated opinion on. You are rehashing some of the same old arguments from past posts in this thread. Nothing you mentioned is anything new. I believe most of us have already looked at the car from yours, Guibos, and Umadbro's perspectives and still find it wanting in some areas. Whats the problem you have with that? All a few of us have done this whole thread is defend our right to have our own opinion given the facts of the car lol.

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-12-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snakebitten
BTW the Team LF-A remark was tongue in cheek. I think most that posted in this thread like the car to varying degrees just some are a bit disappointed in some areas which leads to strong opinions on our sides.

Just sayin

BTW Jhuang its a car forum where people discuss any car. We are discussing a known set of parameters in the acceleration and the subjective area of appearance. Why do we have to go buy one and drive it before we can have an opinion on its acceleration and its looks? We aren't discussing ergonomics, build quality or some other subject we would deffinately need to at least drive the car to have an educated opinion on. You are rehashing some of the same old arguments from past posts in this thread. Nothing you mentioned is anything new. I believe most of us have already looked at the car from yours, Guibos, and Umadbro's perspectives and still find it wanting in some areas. Whats the problem you have with that? All a few of us have done this whole thread is defend our right to have our own opinion given the facts of the car lol.
I hear ya on that, so after all of this "new" information discussed in this thread since my single post has "rehashed" old news... what have we discovered? That guys that can't afford an LFA are disappointed with it's performance. That some find the LFA uglier than the 599 GTO? That the Z06 is an impressive unit of performance plastic... the mid engine vs. rear engine debate is closer to conclusion... and hopefully, someone who can afford one, will buy one OR, buy a Z06 because it's similar in performance... and with that extra 300K, they will go and mod it so it will be the fastest car on this planet because that's what an individual lucky enough to afford an LFA should logically do. HAHAHAHA. Ok, continue.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Snakebitten please don't respond to him, he has brought nothing new to this discussion and as such has wasted a considerable amount of air rehashing the obvious.

Wow you guys have all of these amazing cars and have a problem with reading comprehension.

Again let me repeat.............I asked two questions no one seems to have the answer for. Should we not be moving this discussion forward instead of backward?

I can't understand how guys that are defending paying $400k for a Lexus are having issues with reading comprehension. No amount of drivel or the " Hope " lingo you picked up from BHO is going to change my mind, or my humble opinion. Which is what I have said all of this time that this is my humble opinion. I have also said my disappointment is mainly with Toyota and their ability to bring a class leading car to the table not being utilized.

Again you guys have failed to answer my two questions, is it easier to line item pick apart our posts and debate that way? Or wait Team LFA is it easier to distract us by making it a Corvette vs LFA argument? This isn't about the Z06, I could have made it any number of cars at least $100k under the LFA's price point. The Z06 just drives home that this car should be at least 2 if not 3 classes below the LFA.

Again I ask

Quote:
Again I ask you to ask yourselves, what do you think happened with the LFA. With the recent media debacle and the hemorraging of cash do you think they finally had to stop development instead of continuing to pour cash into the LFA program? Would you as a company owner want your halo car to not have a clear advantage over its competition if you plan on asking for a significant cost raise vs its competition?
And I ask if you received around $400k tomorrow how many of you on team LFA would have one sitting in your driveway. Or better yet if you could trade your cars for one car in the $400k range would it be the LFA?

You guys must forget the history of Lexus, which is offer a better car for less money than the competition and eventually bring the car pricing to parity.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Much love to all the fanboys and haters alike! One thing we can all agree on, is that LFA elicits passionate dialogue (see 18+ page thread) and for that, Lexus has already won the battle (not war as of yet) regardless of its supercar prowess and performance or lack thereof!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Agreed, it seems that Lexus from a pure business point of view made the right decision regarding the LFA. There comes a point in every venture where you have to decide to continue or to stop and bring the product to market. I would rather see them do this than not bring the car out at all after 10 years of waiting!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!