Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
I can get down with the last two posts

Old 06-12-2010, 05:45 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
germeezy - nobody can purchase this for $400k. Perhaps that's Lexus' point too? I mean... The MSRP is nothing more than a point of reference. Nobody is going to pay that. Since they can only be leased, this changes the actual cost. Without this number (I haven't called my local Lexus dealer for one), the cost of $400k is completely arbitrary.

Since it is only going to be leased, the actual cost of the vehicle will be determined by the market, because Toyota gets them all back in 2 years.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:49 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
I'm curious about how many lease returns will get purchased outright? This will of course change the market landscape and price.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by germeezy1
And I ask if you received around $400k tomorrow how many of you on team LFA would have one sitting in your driveway. Or better yet if you could trade your cars for one car in the $400k range would it be the LFA?
It depends on the person..

If you have a few other $400k+ cars? Maybe

If you have no other $400k cars. Definitely not

Old 06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
germeezy - nobody can purchase this for $400k. Perhaps that's Lexus' point too? I mean... The MSRP is nothing more than a point of reference. Nobody is going to pay that. Since they can only be leased, this changes the actual cost. Without this number (I haven't called my local Lexus dealer for one), the cost of $400k is completely arbitrary.

Since it is only going to be leased, the actual cost of the vehicle will be determined by the market, because Toyota gets them all back in 2 years.
They are actually worth $400k since that is established by he who choses to pay! Mainly this thread was about my disappointment with them not bringing a better car to market. And with what I believe to be truth that the 10 year development period, Acclerator Gate, and Toyota's other issues resulting in this car rather than the Toyota speak that they intended to produce the car this way.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ducky993
It depends on the person..

If you have a few other $400k+ cars? Maybe

If you have no other $400k cars. Definitely not
I agree with you on that because no one in their right mind could walk past a LP670 or 599 and buy this car. But for those who value rarity they may not have a problem parking this next to their Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I agree with you on that because no one in their right mind could walk past a LP670 or 599 and buy this car. But for those who value rarity they may not have a problem parking this next to their Ferrari or Lamborghini.
I completely agree with this statement. The LF-A would make a GREAT 3rd car.

Daily - Porsche, R8, GT-R
Weekend fun - Ferrari, Lamborghini, ZR-1
LF-A - occasional car show for rarity factor

Old 06-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
I think we've made some considerable concessions from both teams.

The problem is.. as I am reading, the lease deal is a total deal breaker. Depending on whether it is a traditional lease (i.e. mileage requirements) the car simply doesn't make sense at this point. It wont make any sense to own and park next to their other exotic. The car will have to be driven to make any sense unless you intend to buy outright. This will lead to 500 heavily driven (comparatively) cars vs. 500 with under 1k miles. Luckily a Lexus wouldn't suffer the market trends similar to a Ferrari that seemingly reduces a 15k mile+ f355 considerably. A Lexus/ Toyota is barely broken in at 15k.

I could be misunderstanding the 2 year agreement deal.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I should have said they would add an LFA to a Lambo, Ferrari, and Mclaren.

My stand was always that when faced with the choice of buying this car for more money against its more established, better performing competition that someone would be crazy to pick this car as their only choice.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snakebitten
I noticed you chose to ignore the obvious point of my posts about the 599 GTO being the superior car for the money.
Obviously Im refering to the comparable msrp between both of them and not the silly scenario you bring up about.
The GTO being superior for the money is irrelevant in any world in which a used C5 Z06 with mods exists for a fraction of the cost. A $17k S1000RR will get you 1/4 mile trap speeds of 150+ mph. Do you think the GTO will be anywhere near that? The problem with talking about "superior car for the money" is that there will always be a superior car for the money. So why even harp on that issue so much? Do you think Ferrari or Porsche customers really give a crap about objective performance/$ so much?
What is the point of referring to comparable msrp between them if you can't even get them for msrp?? Let's put it this way: How relevant is a discussion about performance/$ on the next Ferrari supercar if the only way you can get one at anywhere near MSRP is to have purchased an Enzo, an FXX, and 599 GTO before even being considered for a slot at MSRP?

Originally Posted by snakebitten
Why do we have to go buy one and drive it before we can have an opinion on its acceleration and its looks?
People's opinions about a car's looks or its overall worth can change once they actually drive a car. Are Lambo Reventon owners disappointed their $1.4M car performs hardly better than a ZR1 in objective terms? I doubt it.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Again I ask you to ask yourselves, what do you think happened with the LFA. With the recent media debacle and the hemorraging of cash do you think they finally had to stop development instead of continuing to pour cash into the LFA program?
Perhaps
1. They acheived their goal of producing a visceral car that offers impeccable build quality, sonic quality, and driver involvement and precision feel.
2. They have found a way to mass-produce CF so that it can be applied to other models in future generations in a cost-effective manner.
3. The LFA was supposed to be inspired by their involvement in F1, which they no longer support.
Do these possibilities sound so absurd to you?

And yes, not everyone necessarily wants a Ferrari. How hard is it for you to understand and accept that individuals have different tastes and preferences? If everyone thought the way you do, the Z06 would be the #1 seller in its price segment; absolutely no one would buy a Cayman S, BMW 6er, Merc SL, or Jag XK, nevermind the apparently ridiculously overpriced Astons, Lambos, and Ferraris.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder what the chances are that somone will do the R&D (like some have done with Ferrari, Lambo, Ford GT etc), and make a turbo or SC for the LFA making this entire discussion moot!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Guibo
And yes, not everyone necessarily wants a Ferrari. How hard is it for you to understand and accept that individuals have different tastes and preferences? If everyone thought the way you do, the Z06 would be the #1 seller in its price segment; absolutely no one would buy a Cayman S, BMW 6er, Merc SL, or Jag XK, nevermind the apparently ridiculously overpriced Astons, Lambos, and Ferraris.
He's a Corvette owner.. they just don't understand the traditional notion of consumer choice.

I can't tell you how many boxster spyder reviews that I have read were someone inevitably mentions a Z06.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I own a Lexus as well and a BMW, does that skew your theory a little bit?

Again as I repeat for the 50th time........this isn't a discussion about its value or wether it can beat a Z06 around VIR in reverse. Why is that sooooo hard to understand? Am I speaking a different language inadverdently?

Let me repeat for the 51st time, do you guys have your reading glasses on?

I can't understand how guys that are defending paying $400k for a Lexus are having issues with reading comprehension. No amount of drivel or the " Hope " lingo you picked up from BHO is going to change my mind, or my humble opinion. Which is what I have said all of this time that this is my humble opinion. I have also said my disappointment is mainly with Toyota and their ability to bring a class leading car to the table not being utilized.

Last edited by germeezy1; 06-13-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Guibo you have proven that you don't have anything revolutionary to add to move this discussion on. So can you please let the people who actually have something to add post?

And please I don't insult you guys based on what I think you may or may not drive do not insult me. This is not a Corvette vs LFA argument if GM could charge $400k for a Corvette we would not be having this discussion. We would be debating right now if a Chevy is really worth $400k despite out performing a Veyron!

Apparently I am not the only one with my " opinion " so although I may be clinically insane I am not ready to be admitted to the straight jacket.

Ducky let me ask you a question, if I really thought the way you assume would I own an American, Asian and European car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!