Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Guibo I am really trying to save you the keyboard strokes, nothing you have said is response worthy at this point. But please keep reiterating the same argument so you can go upside my head with your logic and my opinion will change......wait thats in your dream world!

Does anyone ELSE have anything to add that is relavent to this discussion. Does anyone think that Toyota is really incapable of making a game changing car when they created a whole game changing luxury devision?

Lexus and Guibo which is the same as Lexus PR told us all of their crap about why the LFA does not have a dual clutch gearbox. But yet its universally panned due to its abrupt engagement. The Porsche PDK is universally said to literally transform the 997 TT driving experience. When you have $40k Evo's and $30k GTi's that come with amazing DSG gearboxes than what is the real reason the LFA does not have one?

Please don't spew that crap about driving feel and mechanical purity because Porsche reserves a transmission for those that value that? Guess what it is called? And an exhaust note engineered by Yamaha is hardly a Lexus engineering achievement. Its sad that for $80k that Nissan can create a game changer that punches above its weight and so can Chevrolet but Toyota is ok with just good enough.

Every car has a purpose and a market position, I am sure no manufacturer set out to make a clean sheet supercar to perform worse than their competitors equally priced hyper GT car!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
As I said before with their stock prices tanking, stock holders wanting their heads, Accelerator gate and the Financial Meltdown they had to at some point justify the millions they were pouring into the LFA's very long development and redevelopment and internal dispute on wether to create a true supercar or a GT car.

Toyota is a business, so they had to stop development at some point and just rely on their amazing marketing team and the cars limited production to try to recoup some of their investment. The pricing is derived from the old Mercedes Benz way of building cars. Spend as much as you want in development and spread the development and profit expected between the anticipated number of cars to be sold. Except for Toyota their expensive rotary loom project gone wrong is going to lose them money on every car sold.

I applaud than for not pulling the project completely, but it is also annoying to me the way they are doing engineering by press release and their marketing department seems to have a BHO response for all of the cars flaws. The LFA is an amazing achievement for Toyota but its not the grand achievement it could have been with a shorter, more focused development period.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Guibo
By the same token, how many people do you know buy a supercar only for its 1/4 mile acceleration with apparently no interest in all the other aspects that make up a car-owning experience?
GT-500 owners...

(yes, I know it isn't a supercar, but I can't convince an owner of that)

Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
GT-500 owners...

(yes, I know it isn't a supercar, but I can't convince an owner of that)
Not anymore apparently those straight line drag racers are going to have to put up with 1.0G handling!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:53 AM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey
Have any of you guys worked on any of the cars you are comparing to the LF-A?....actually had the interior apart or removed/replaced any major components on a lift?

I had a reventon on the lift next to a ford GT and the reventon looked like a kit car while the GT looked like a production car designed to be driven 100k miles or more and serviced easily.

I'm sure the LF-A looks like any other lexus from below while it's and I'll bet it's designed to last 20 years of daily driving.

I have yet to see a lexus car that isn't easily capable of 200k miles.....as long as the fluids are changed at proper intervals.

I just did a valve adjustment on a 1990 LS400 with 270k miles and only 2 out of 24 valves needed any shims thickness changes.
So far the 3 LFAs used around the world have only required brake pads and new tires, no other mechanical work. The flat black one was repainted white as the car took a beating being on the track worldwide.

The car is literally designed so you can go into a dealership and get a basic oil change if you desire to do so.

There will be special regional techs for the LFA that can only touch the car for required maintenance. Lexus will basically pick the car up, do everything, bring it back etc where the owner doesn't have to move a finger if they don't desire. Things are simple as we know, you won't need to drop the engine out the car for service.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
21 pages, 306 posts................the Lexus media machine rolling right along!

Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
21 pages, 306 posts................the Lexus media machine rolling right along!
Didn't you see me giving props to the Lexus marketing department?

Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Didn't you see me giving props to the Lexus marketing department?
Must have missed that amidst the hyperbole and inane banter

Old 06-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Must have missed that amidst the hyperbole and inane banter
Don't make me...........go back all those pages....and....well.....I guess hug you?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
M Baker is infamous around these parts
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
lol! quote:
(when discussing the price)
Is it 6 times the car of a GT-R? Of course not. Nothing is 6 times the GT-R.
I guess we only see what we want to see...

Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Minutes 4:09 thru 4:50 and 4:59 thru 5:05 are things that could have been improved on especially with the Lexus claims that everything about the car was clean sheet and was created for driving feel. One thing he does not talk about is the single clutch gearbox and its lack of sophistication vs some of its competition.

Another interesting thing the 599 is a GT car, now some would say its a hyper GT but its still a GT car nonetheless. Plus you can actually buy a normal 599 and not be forced to lease it. A GT car that in base form is arguably the better car and with the heritage and development of Ferrari?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
lol! quote:

I guess we only see what we want to see...

The other quote that was great

Is it 599 fast? No it isn't ...it is quite controllable...the 599 it feels like it wants to do a wheelie!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
The coloring is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdce...eature=related

Maybe the LFA is 6x the video game of a GTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6D7S...eature=related

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!