Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Nobody has ANYTHING on the MFD (Multifunction Display) of the GT-R. The programmable oil/trans/engine temp gauges/g-meters/torque split/boost/fuel pressure monitors/etc... are just amazing to have in a VERY convenient way. I guess it helps that a gaming company (Polyphony - makers of Gran Turismo) designed it.
You know the one that really interests me is the GTR that Millen built for the Targa Florio they were able to take some significant weight out and that car is a beast!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by germeezy1
At the end of the day we can all respectfully agree to disagree!
Agreed.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Guibo
snakebitten:
Where did I say the LFA is a great deal? Please, in your very next post, provide a link to where I said it's a great deal.
550 hp and 3200 lbs...isn't the Scuderia providing similar stats? Yet in a straight line, we don't expect Enzo levels of performance from it. Again, you are disappointed only because you had unrealistic expectations when Lexus themselves said they would not be providing a car like a Supra. You have no one to blame but yourself, and so far only one person here has been man enough to admit that.
There is nothing baiting about the stated MSRP issue. Like I said, what's the relevance of the stated MSRP if you can't even get a car at the stated MSRP? This is not a tangent. It is directly addressing a statement that you made about the prices between these two cars.
Sucks when someone implies what you said doesnt it eh? lol. You are right you didnt say it was a great deal

I have to admit what to you? Who are you supposed to be again? lol I think you are letting the Rep points go to your head The bolded statement is pure rehashed sillyness from you again lol. I freely said it was disappointing to me for those very reasons in my very first post.

1st Post Guibo
Originally Posted by snakebitten
This is what I was afraid of. The production car is 3600 lbs and only has 550hp and is about as fast straightline as a Z06 What were they doing all these years developing this car? Thought they were aiming for 3000lbs. I change my mind about this car. Waste of money considering the performance per dollar. Id take a GTR over this car..Im sorely disappointed. I really wanted this car to shine like the Supra did back in its time.
Took the intiative of bolding out the I's so you will finally get what my first post was about and why your attacks were pointless except for your post count and rep points. Maybe that's your motive for these silly opinion fights you like to get into. Yes my intial statements were a bit harsh but it reflected my initial disappointment in Toyota not meeting its OWN earlier stated goal with the car.

Now what is it again that I have to admit to you again Notice the "change my mind" part based on the intial Toyota promise vs what they delivered??? Change my mind seems to mean someone really dug this car before the final numbers were released that were below even what the mfg intially stated.

I can go and repost every one of my quotes that show I always said this was MY opinion. But it looks like it will take another 40 pages before this sinks in to you lol. A car forum is a place where you come to voice your opinion on various car related subjects last time I checked. Well that was apparently before Sergeant Guibo of the Opinion Police.

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-16-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone else have anything to add, I am getting kind of amused with someone regurgitating the same information that I already know.
I like fine wine and failing at life..............just sayin

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Nobody has ANYTHING on the MFD (Multifunction Display) of the GT-R. The programmable oil/trans/engine temp gauges/g-meters/torque split/boost/fuel pressure monitors/etc... are just amazing to have in a VERY convenient way. I guess it helps that a gaming company (Polyphony - makers of Gran Turismo) designed it.
No one asked you about your GTR

j/k Love teh Godzilla

Last edited by UMADBRO; 06-17-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
snakebitten:
I already read that first post. "Waste of money considering performance per dollar." Ermm...how relevant is that to the worth of the car considering Lexus weren't even aiming for performance per dollar? Isn't that about as relevant as expecting LFA levels of build quality in a Viper or Vette? Did you seriously think they were aiming for performance per dollar when you saw the interior of the car and read the reviews about its build quality, sound quality, and low production volume?

What was so great about the Supra? In same-day testing by Motor Trend and Car and Driver, it trailed the objective performance of the Corvette of the time (8 seconds difference to 150 mph is a huge difference). The Viper GTS positively crushed the Supra. C&D rated its subjective handling below that of a 4-passenger M3, F355, and NSX-T.
Now we have an LFA that is turning 'Ring lap times similar to an ACR, one of the most hardcore track-tuned Vipers in existence, which has 50 more hp, a crapload more torque, less weight, 1000 lbs of downforce (with a front splitter that is apparently not legal everywhere), massive gumball Michelin R-compound semi-slicks, driven by a professional Viper racer, etc. And the LFA has some 25 mph over the ACR on the top end too. C&D rates its subjective handling over that of a Ferrari 599, which is a safe bet it handles better than a Viper or Vette.
Subjective handling may not matter to a Viper fan, and you entitled to not care about it, but ask yourself: If it' so easy to accomplish, then why do only a few marques (Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, BMW) consistently rank so well while other marques (Corvette and Viper) consistently rank lower? Just because you personally don't appreciate these differences, that doesn't nullify the effort and expense that these brands go through to acheive that level of overall excellence.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:14 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
23 pages.....336 posts

Lexus media machine keeps rolling right along!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
The LF-A kinda reminds me of my SVT Cobra!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ lol! wut?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bimmeristic
The LF-A kinda reminds me of my SVT Cobra!!!

You mean it takes modifications to make it fast and you see every a$$hole on the street driving one? Yeah I can see that............

Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
You mean it takes modifications to make it fast and you see every a$$hole on the street driving one? Yeah I can see that............

Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Okay.. so at this point.. How many can say...

They find the LFA to be: (Choose one in the poll)

A. UGLY Like Jeremy Clarkson
B. Uglier then the GTR
C. Better then the GTR
D. Amazing
E. Better then anything the Italians/ Germans/ Americans put out

Note: This is not a stab at the GTR. I think both the GTR and LFA are EXCELLENT. Just much of the comparison is based on their similarities..

Also.. I intend option E to have a defining point against it..

My vote at this point is "D"

I prefer the styling to ferrari, lambo, audi, corvette, etc.. but I subjectively... reiterated IMO I really like the aggressive styling of the LFA.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Noble m600 - Costs 200 grand
= 2 audi R8's and a porsche boxster....

It's got 625hp.. wooooooo

Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Noble M600 also borders on pure insanity, and would have no problem in the right hands eating an LFA's lunch anywhere!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:21 AM
I think the LFA is great, and its an amazing first effort from Toyota. But its not game changing or class changing like the car that I truly believe Toyota could have developed from a clean sheet design.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 AM
I think the LFA is great, and its an amazing first effort from Toyota. But its not game changing or class changing like the car that I truly believe Toyota could have developed from a clean sheet design.

<sarcasm> YEAHH!!! </sarcasm>

or is it....? the car is well balanced, well built and has Toyota's stamp.

Is it too much to say that the 600+hp/ 300lb+/- car would be outside of the performance of the LFA? Maybe Lexus met their mark and were damn proud of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!