Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Someone finally caught on to the fact that my original thread title was giving the LFA more credit than it deserved. The LFA hardly offers Z06 speed it offers less than Z06 speed for 599 GTB money. But hey no problem, I will buy it to look good and not to drive fast in fact I will buy one and build a house around it as its a $375k sculpture. Oh wait there are even cars that make better sculptures!

I will probably never run into one, even though there are plenty of exotics around me. I sincerely hope that I don't get the opportunity to put a few 787 Dreamliner lengths on one.

Guibo your credibility just went out the window, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

We don't know enough about its objective performance to conclude that. I'm guessing based on the TopGear lap time that given a dry circuit, the LFA would be faster. And could very well pull on the Z06 at speeds past 100.
" Could " ???? You accuse me of drawing straws? In your experience do cars that are capable of barely breaking 123 mph trap speed routinely beat cars that trap 127 mph? Isn't that in fact over 100 mph? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Moderators can I please have my thread uncluttered by this drivel which is over and beyond the subject matter of my original post?

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!
]
How is what he posting beyond the subject matter of your original post?

I don't know him or th3stig, but I respect their ability to see through bull**** and numbers. I am willing to bet that neither really even like the car, but were roped into your meaningless banter and "fanboi" outcries.

You realize that you've perpetuated the argument that you now want to clean up right?

Back to your "subject matter"
You posted a link with your opinion expressing that the car has poor performance at an expensive cost. What these people have been trying to tell you is.. They don't think that it was their intention to beat a plastic piece of **** with a motor.

Toyota wanted to build a car that was designed and built completely in house and had the ability to accomplish a few things: Showcase their technology (that they have now developed with this product), build hype, pave the way for future sports cars.

Regardless, I'm sure you've taken or at least know basic economics. If they sell all of them at their intended price, I think it is safe to say that they achieved their goal. If not, then the car suddenly becomes a better built car at z06 price with close to z06 performance.

This car will likely be bought by people who have several other cars that cost way more then a z06 but fall short around the track.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
You have 32 posts, and barely any positive rep to speak of. So you could not possibly have any idea of me and Guibo and our history of agreeing to disagree. I own a plastic piece of **** with a motor and even I didn't go to that extreme of insulting on the LFA.

You my friend are not or do not have any clue of what you are saying, and you preface your comments with utter and obvious either faked or real alleged stupidity. Again the Lexus provides Z06 speed( ok less than) for a 599 GTB price.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
You certainly don't want to see what the Corvette would perform like giving them a target sale price of $375k, here is a hint....it would be close to a full fledged C6R race car.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
You have 32 posts, and barely any positive rep to speak of. So you could not possibly have any idea of me and Guibo and our history of agreeing to disagree. I own a plastic piece of **** with a motor and even I didn't go to that extreme of insulting on the LFA.

You my friend are not or do not have any clue of what you are saying, and you preface your comments with utter and obvious either faked or real alleged stupidity. Again the Lexus provides Z06 speed( ok less than) for a 599 GTB price.
So post count and rep are indicative of clue? LOL.

Have a good day.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes they are, because this is an argument between me and him that has spanned a long time. And you jump in with your cape on as if to save the day!

I am sorry if I was insulting, but wouldn't you agree your post was along the same lines?

Old 05-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Not really..

Look, you can drink PBR or sngle-malt Scotch. You could very easily argue that the PBR (in this case: Corvette z06) would get you more drunk, much quicker, but you'll be pissing out your *** for a few days.

+1 for post count.

Cheers.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Cheers to you as well, I am glad we can agree to disagree. I apologize because now I realize you probably had no idea that I personally drove a plastic piece of **** + 1 for you!

Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
You have 32 posts, and barely any positive rep to speak of. So you could not possibly have any idea of me and Guibo and our history of agreeing to disagree.
Actually, he could. His post count tells us nothing about how long he may have been reading these forums. Some people lurk for months or even years before joining a forum.

" Could " ???? You accuse me of drawing straws? In your experience do cars that are capable of barely breaking 123 mph trap speed routinely beat cars that trap 127 mph? Isn't that in fact over 100 mph? Please correct me if I am wrong.
We really don't know how fast these cars would perform on the same day. The Z06 has also trapped at 123 too (and even lower); it rarely traps at 127 in mag test. R&T didn't do the neutral drop in the LFA and still managed 124.4.
And once the Z06 gets into 5th gear, its acceleration drops off dramatically due to gearing, correct?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:20 PM
127 was done my M/T and they have trapped even higher than that driven by members of this board. Over 100 mph the Z06 is a faster car, but then again who cares how much does a Z06 cost?

Ok the LFA is the greatest car ever and I would walk past all manners of Italian exotics to own one! I don't care that in my opinion its slow and ugly!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
So again if we paint with a big paint brush and broad strokes, the LFA still offers roughly Z06 acceleration for 599 GTB pricing and that is giving it more credit than it deserves!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by snakebitten
As for the BS it looks the part, has serious power, is a known quantity as its a Benz and the automotive world/market expects it to be expensive. Also its trap speed is in the 127-128mph territory so yes it will dominate the LF-A in the straights since the LF-A can barely muster a 123mph 1/4 mile trap speed. Hell a bonestock GTS Viper back in the 90's ran 121mph with only 450hp and its a comparative dinosaur. As for handling thats why I put "maybe" as I dont know what the BS handling prowess is like.

So Ill play devils advocate as well. Since performance isnt everything, should technical prowess be everything and count MORE than performance? This is not a winnable argument as its basically opinions on all sides which are neither right or wrong.
BS looks the part? It looks like an SL with a body kit. It's also trapped at 123.9 mph (Motor Trend). Even at 127 mph, that's slower than a ZR1. It is a known quantity in that it is slower than other cars costing only a fraction of the price. I thought "most car guys" would look beyond the badge; guess not?
And look what happens after the 1/4 mile mark.
130-150 mph
BS: 5.3
LFA: 5.4
That's not dominating. And the reason why is probably due to gearing: the BS has a shift at 130 mph, which is only 4 mph past its 1/4 mile speed. It's in the sweet spot of the powerband. At 124 mph, the LFA is 13 mph short of the next shift. Check their 900'-1320' times in R&T: the LFA is only 0.1s slower despite a shift where the BS doesn't have a shift.
As for handling prowess, it's not that hard to look up figures for the BS. They're worse than the LFA's, and aren't any better than M3 figures. In fact, Evo Magazine tested these two on the same day around their track and the BS was only fractionally faster. If you contend that the BS dominates the LFA on the straights, yet the LFA is faster on a wet TG track than the BS in the dry, then there shouldn't be any doubt as to which will be faster in the twisties.
Black Series: M3 handling, slower than a ZR1, yet costs nearly 3x's as much. LOL.

Yeah, a bone stock GTS Viper on massive 335mm rear tires. Said Viper has also trapped at 118 mph in C&D tests. And has taken 4-5 seconds longer to get to 150 mph. I seem to call Vipers were underrated in the hp department too. Not too hard to do when you have 8 liters to play with.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
So again if we paint with a big paint brush and broad strokes, the LFA still offers roughly Z06 acceleration for 599 GTB pricing and that is giving it more credit than it deserves!
As I've learned through the many many many debates about the GT-R not being fast in a straight line (relative to other cars), there is more to a car than its straight line speed.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
As I've learned through the many many many debates about the GT-R not being fast in a straight line (relative to other cars), there is more to a car than its straight line speed.
The GTR has other qualities to justify its significantly lower than LFA pricing!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 PM
127 was done my M/T and they have trapped even higher than that driven by members of this board. Over 100 mph the Z06 is a faster car, but then again who cares how much does a Z06 cost?
And Motor Trend have also done a 124. So what? With thousands of them on the road by now, it'd be a damn shame if owners weren't faster than mag test editors.
You really don't know that it's faster past 100.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!