Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
LFA 1st Test, 60k mile F430 speed for 599 GTB money!

The first official road test of the LFA, and I am not impressed with its performance I had hoped that it would pull a rabbit out of a hat!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Last edited by germeezy1; 05-25-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:38 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
This is what I was afraid of. The production car is 3600 lbs and only has 550hp and is about as fast straightline as a Z06 What were they doing all these years developing this car? Thought they were aiming for 3000lbs. I change my mind about this car. Waste of money considering the performance per dollar. Id take a GTR over this car..Im sorely disappointed. I really wanted this car to shine like the Supra did back in its time.

Last edited by snakebitten; 03-28-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Falken is infamous around these parts
Yeah i cant see this car selling well...despite its low production numbers. Its to slow, to fat, to expensive...after shelling out this kind of $$$ you shouldnt be looking over your shoulder for a 997 GT2 or a LP560...you should be way up in hyper car territory.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
A C6 Z06 traps 3-5 mph faster, and has ran in the hands of the magazine hacks faster 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. Also it ties the LFA at handling and weighs less out of the box for about $80k brand new. Also there is a car done by a company called Nissan...that does everything the LFA does and more for about $80k.

We are talking about a car that isn't competitive with the entry level supercars like the LP560-4, 458 Italia, and Mclaren MP4-C12 but costs hypercar money!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
nbpua7TLType-S is infamous around these parts
i want one

Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Underground TT

Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nbpua7TLType-S
i want one
I think you are in the minority, What the hell was toyota thinking with this thing????

Old 04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
No one will ever know, but in the future Toyota please don't take 10 years to develop a supercar.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
9.2 second 60-130. (shock...in a really bad way...)

Last edited by bbywu; 04-18-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Toyota Formula One Team World Championship career
Debut 2002 Australian Grand Prix
Races competed 140
Constructors' Championships 0
Drivers' Championships 0
Race victories 0
Podiums 13
Pole positions 3
Fastest laps 3
Final race 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X5owner
I think you are in the minority, What the hell was toyota thinking with this thing????
From evo magazine:
"This is where the LFA’s behind-the-scenes purpose, the one beyond broadening the Lexus brandscape in Audi, BMW and Mercedes fashion, becomes clear. Cars have to become lighter if their makers are to reach CO2 targets, and carbonfibre is a good way to do it. But it will need to be mass-produced. Building 500 LFAs is Toyota’s way of learning what it must do to build a future Yaris, Auris or Avensis."

From carenthusiast.com:
"In the development, Lexus developed its own in-house automated mass production techniques for carbon fibre, which we're told will lead to more widespread use of the exotic material."

With only 500 examples, Lexus are not overly greedy with the asking price by any means. McLaren-Mercedes charged more for a car built in much larger numbers, with poorer handling dynamics, mushy feel-less carbon brakes, and a supercharged engine derived from other engines. They also had decades of McLaren CF technical know-how and an assembly line geared up for specialized, CF vehicle production. The new McLaren is also using forced induction for power, and they are targeting 1000+ units per year (not including offshoots of the car). I believe they are also buying pre-made carbon sheets, not weaving it in-house like Toyota.

Just because a GT-R kicks a Cayman S's *** for the same money doesn't make the Cayman S overpriced. Nor does it necessarily handle better than a Cayman simply because it can take turns faster or pull more g's.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Also there is a car done by a company called Nissan...that does everything the LFA does and more for about $80k.

We are talking about a car that isn't competitive with the entry level supercars like the LP560-4, 458 Italia, and Mclaren MP4-C12 but costs hypercar money!
The LFA has been described as sounding better than and being being built better than anything Italian. The driving responses have been likened to the Scuderia. Has Nissan accomplished that with the GT-R?
Do you really think a Reventon will be that much faster than a 458 Italia? Price is not necessarily reflective of performance. One car is built in double digit numbers, the other will likely exceed 10,000 units in its lifetime. Want to make a bet a 458 Italia will command more than MSRP on the secondhand market soon after its release?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Mthree00 is infamous around these parts
I saw the LFA in person and that thing is SICK!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
I guess that all of those rich kids have to have something to spend their money on!!!

Last edited by Bimmeristic; 05-22-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:31 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
It's too bad that 95% of the negative comments about this car don't necessarily understand that performance numbers are one of the last things the owners of LFAs will be thinking about....

Put it this way: I doubt the two guys who will have LFAs in Naples will give two sh*ts that a GTR with a Cobb can beat them all day. The guys who will be chosen to buy this car are the guys who go to the Ferrari Club meet here in Naples, park their brand new LFA next to the 3 F40s and TONS of people will have their noses pressed against the glass asking:

"Is this really a Lexus?"

And that's where the FEW owners will sit back and smile... knowing they got exactly what they wanted. A car noone else has.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LFA 1st Test, Z06 speed for 599 GTB money!