Lexus Forum for the Lexus LF-A, Lexus IS-F and other Lexus models

New LS600H Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 AM
BB Supra is infamous around these parts
New LS600H Launch Edition

I have to be honest, i have been very critical over the years regarding the bland and overall boring stature of the Lexus brand. When it came time to get the wife a new car i told her its your car get what you want. Personally i wanted her to get the S63 or S65 but a RWD car is not practical for her. We test drove lots of different cars in the full size luxury sedan class, and the LS was the clear winner. I honestly have to say the new LS is just that good, what a phenomenal automobile. Ok on to the pics.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Kinda agree lol, I always felt the LS was just bland but a friend brought down their LS460 with the sport package and I was surprisingly impressed, loved the two tone interior and the more sportier drive vs the standard LS (it felt hunkered down vs the floaty number feeling of the standard car). Heard the 8 speed auto in the sport package is an upgraded version of the standard 8? It snapped shifts off unbelievably fast and smooth for a normal automatic. Great gas mileage too, can cruise for a long time on the highway.

But the best thing has to be their whole Nav system, works so much easier and better than Benz or BMW, I still hate the iDrive system.

Last edited by Surfer; 03-18-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Surfer
Kinda agree lol, I always felt the LS was just bland but a friend brought down their LS460 with the sport package and I was surprisingly impressed, loved the two tone interior and the more sportier drive vs the standard LS (it felt hunkered down vs the floaty number feeling of the standard car). Heard the 8 speed auto in the sport package is an upgraded version of the standard 8? It snapped shifts off unbelievably fast and smooth for a normal automatic. Great gas mileage too, can cruise for a long time on the highway.

But the best thing has to be their whole Nav system, works so much easier and better than Benz or BMW, I still hate the iDrive system.
We looked at the S class and the 7 series BMW, she hated them both i did too.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
so your saying it's not bland?
I'd pick any benz, bmw, or audi over a lexus hands down, but hope your wife enjoys it.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
so your saying it's not bland?
I'd pick any benz, bmw, or audi over a lexus hands down, but hope your wife enjoys it.
I think the first sentence of the first post outlined that i think the looks are bland. We test drove all the cars in LS's class and the LS was the car we liked the most. We were most impressed with technology package, user friendliness reliability and resale value of the LS over the cars you named. She is absolutely in love with this car and so are her freinds that own Audi's BMW's and Mercedes Benz. Hell i think i like it more than my CLS55 to be honest.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
I loved this car! Wish I had kept it in the stable. Congrats!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
This makes me want to get one now lol

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...xus-ls460.html

Old 04-01-2011, 05:23 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
This may upset some people but I think the LS is the best car in the world. You get a lot of car for the money.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
I agree. I am on my third one.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 AM
kikcaffine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ice350
This may upset some people but I think the LS is the best car in the world. You get a lot of car for the money.
Ill agree with that comment. Soon as I can afford one, Im on board!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 AM
I steal ours from my wife every chance i get

Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I have owned most of the major luxury makes and I find the Lexus dealer experience second to none. Also the leather quality and attention to detail along with reliability is something that Lexus is famous for. I still miss my RX400h hybrid and the amazing dealer service. Congrats that is an amazing car, and the hybrid technology makes it have a powerband unlike any other car.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I have owned most of the major luxury makes and I find the Lexus dealer experience second to none. Also the leather quality and attention to detail along with reliability is something that Lexus is famous for. I still miss my RX400h hybrid and the amazing dealer service. Congrats that is an amazing car, and the hybrid technology makes it have a powerband unlike any other car.
The service is pretty amazing compared to Mercedes.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BB Supra
The service is pretty amazing compared to Mercedes.
I have moved 3 times in the last 3 years and so my experience with Lexus service has become very tenuous. The service side has SUCKED to be frank. I originally had one service guy who was awesome and then I got switched to this girl who just sucked! My experience with MB service was nothing but top notch. Porsche sales and service sucks as well as compared to my original Lexus experience! I have noticed a trend tho, when cars are selling the service department experience is great. When cars are NOT selling the service department blows! Common sense say's the exact opposite is suppose to happen, smh.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ophtho
I have moved 3 times in the last 3 years and so my experience with Lexus service has become very tenuous. The service side has SUCKED to be frank. I originally had one service guy who was awesome and then I got switched to this girl who just sucked! My experience with MB service was nothing but top notch. Porsche sales and service sucks as well as compared to my original Lexus experience! I have noticed a trend tho, when cars are selling the service department experience is great. When cars are NOT selling the service department blows! Common sense say's the exact opposite is suppose to happen, smh.
I did the service on my brothers CL600 , and the Lexus service department was far better. At my dealer they have the nicest , cleanest service loaners and try to match you up with what you drove in. At Mercedes 9 times out of time I drove away in a base C class after driving in with a CL600. Jaguar / Land Rover in my experience is also very, very good when it comes to service. But again I think it depends on the dealer my 2 local Lexus dealers are very good. Free expresso and cookies and pampering in every way.

In the Seattle area I found it interesting that Lexus built a new store, and MB got there old building. Just recently MB finally moved to there new building. I also used to get great service at the Cadillac dealer now its beyond deplorable. I sometimes wish I had of forced myself to like the LX570 or GL550....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New LS600H Launch Edition