Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Must have options for the Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 AM
MAL993RS is infamous around these parts
Anyone electing to get the comfort lighting package?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM
MKND777 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MAL993RS
I was in the process of adding this and found out my order was already locked. I think the package is worth it, it really puts a nice touch to the car at night IMO.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM
jonathan1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MAL993RS
I was going to but only because I wanted the ambient door panel lights. Then I found out via a youtube video (of a Cayenne diesel) that the brightness of those lights is tied to the brightness of the roof horseshoe light, which is way too bright. The owner of that car mentioned that because of that, he would not order the light comfort package again.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:50 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
^^^ interesting. I ordered the Comfort Lighting package a) for the LED bulbs, easier/cheaper than going aftermarket and looks much better than the yellowish standard bulbs and b) because of all the reviews I've read about it on the Cayenne. You can adjust the brightness of the horseshoe light in the PCM, but doubt there are separate controls for the door panel lights, maybe it's tied to the same control? I'll find out I guess...

Old 01-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by slw23
^^^ interesting. I ordered the Comfort Lighting package a) for the LED bulbs, easier/cheaper than going aftermarket and looks much better than the yellowish standard bulbs and b) because of all the reviews I've read about it on the Cayenne. You can adjust the brightness of the horseshoe light in the PCM, but doubt there are separate controls for the door panel lights, maybe it's tied to the same control? I'll find out I guess...
Here's the video:

He starts talking about the interior lighting from about 10:00 or so.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM
MAL993RS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jonathan1
Here's the video:

He starts talking about the interior lighting from about 10:00 or so.
Interesting. Thanks for posting!

Old 01-30-2014, 08:25 AM
X5B4 is infamous around these parts
We have the package on our Cayenne (lighting) and love it. If the front side lights that illuminate only when turning a corner is part of that package then I would not order without it ever! FYI, one can easily adjust the inside horseshoe light brightness to preference....

Old 01-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by X5B4
We have the package on our Cayenne (lighting) and love it. If the front side lights that illuminate only when turning a corner is part of that package then I would not order without it ever! FYI, one can easily adjust the inside horseshoe light brightness to preference....
You are confusing PDLS (external lighting and the front side lights that you mention) with Light Comfort Package, which is what we're talking about, and is to do with extra interior cabin lighting e.g. ambient light coming up from the door armrests.

The issue (as demonstrated in the video) is that when you dim the horseshoe to an acceptable level, the ambient lights that you paid money for are no longer visible.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by X5B4
I can't get that light to adjust the way I want and leave it off. I had this bundled as part of a package in my Cayenne and would not have paid for it.