Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan vs 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:03 AM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Macan vs 911

I'm curious on people's thoughts on the Macan vs 911.

I've been keeping my eyes on the 997.1/tt for a little while. Fabulous car. Love the performance, styling, and driving dynamics. IMHO should be the gold standard of the daily sports car. What I'm not fond of is the lack of trunk space and tiny rear seats.

The Cayenne is a nice SUV, but just too big and "boaty" for my tastes.

The Panamera I test drove once; still too big and somewhat floaty for my tastes, and I didn't care much for the styling (no offense to those who own a Panny).

Then I thought about the Macan. For those who have seen and driven both the 911 and Macan, does the Macan drive like a 911?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
That's an interesting dilemma.

TT is a much faster car and will corner much better. If you want a sports car with exotic performance, TT is an excellent choice.

However, if you want a luxury car with sports capabilities, Macan is the sportiest CUV money can buy. I guess you won't miss the TT if you aren't doing track days, sunday drives in the mountains.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The Macan won't handle or corner anywhere as well as a 911. It will be better than other SUV's, but nothing like a 911. My 911 has provided my biggest thrills in all kinds of driving, especially mountain highways. But the price you pay is space and road noise. If those aren't as high a priority as space and utility, then the Macan may be the best choice.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:26 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
Good point. I'm eager to check out the Macan. I noticed you are in WA. I'm wondering why Barrier Porsche didn't do a Macan launch party, or did I not know? The Porsche dealership in Bellingham did one recently I believe.

If I get a 997, it will have to be a 3rd car. I doubt the 911 can handle my weekly Costco trips of TP, paper towels, bottle water, etc....

If I can kill 2 birds with one stone (a "911 SUV"), that will be awesome.

A lot will have to do with the wife decides to do with her RX330; it's on its last legs and she's looking for a new smaller and more agile ride.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Geo_Carrera is infamous around these parts
I got a Macan S last week. Best car I have ever owned.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
https://www.6speedonline.com/g/album/963505

I have both and I like the 911 better by a small margin.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
09RedGTS is infamous around these parts
"A lot will have to do with the wife decides to do with her RX330; it's on its last legs and she's looking for a new smaller and more agile ride."

There might be a simpler solution here. She gets the Macan and you two won't need a third car. Another possible solution, take a look at the Cayman S or GT. No problem with your shopping runs with those two trunks.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Geo_Carrera
https://www.6speedonline.com/g/album/963505

I have both and I like the 911 better by a small margin.
Nice stable there! His and hers?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Yes Sir. I am breaking in the Macan for her.. She drives my S4.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:11 PM

Old 05-19-2014, 07:15 PM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docboy
I'm wondering why Barrier Porsche didn't do a Macan launch party, or did I not know? The Porsche dealership in Bellingham did one recently I believe.

Barrier's launch event is coming up this Thursday evening at Cougar Mountain Zoo at 5:30-7:30. Probably a tie in with the Macan/tiger connection but without having to transport the cats out of their current environment.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Sir. I am breaking in the Macan for her.. She drives my S4.
Hate to hijack but you need to make your own thread and share some photos! Looks great!

Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 PM
For some reason, I can't open the link.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by SeaCay
Barrier's launch event is coming up this Thursday evening at Cougar Mountain Zoo at 5:30-7:30. Probably a tie in with the Macan/tiger connection but without having to transport the cats out of their current environment.
Thanks for letting me know. You have the link by chance to the event? I tried looking for said event info on Barrier's website, but I couldn't find anything re: the Macan launch event.

I'll have to see if I can make it out of the office by 5:30pm.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 AM
09RedGTS is infamous around these parts
Typically they don't make these events public. They want Porsche aficionados and PCA members to be there, but are not looking to bring in the general public just looking to party.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Macan vs 911