Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Maserati CPO program questions...and maybe answers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Need4Speed is infamous around these parts
Maserati CPO program questions...and maybe answers

Maserati CPO program questions...

If anyone has recently dealt with the program, your input is greatly appreciated.

Here is what I have heard:

- Demo's do not qualify (Cars that have been put into service by the dealer, but never actually sold/registered to an owner...aka "on MSO")
- Can only be applied to 07+ pre-owned vehicles sold by authorized dealers.
- Prices for GT's and QP's is about $2,000 for 2 extra years / 50k additional miles.

My questions are:
1. If you buy a pre-owned vehicle from an authorized dealer, can you get it certified later?
2. If you purchase a new vehicle (or a demo), can you get it certified later?
3. If you purchase a pre-owned from an individual OR non-franchised dealer, is there any way to get it certified?

I can't seem to get a straight answer from a couple of the dealers I spoke to.

So far, I am reading between the lines of what is posted on Maserati's web site.

(excerpt from http://www.maserati.us/maserati/us/e...pre-owned.html )

All 2007 model year and newer vehicles originally imported by Maserati North America, Inc., serviced in accordance with Maserati factory guidelines and conforming to Maserati North America, Inc. and Maserati SpA enrollment and inspection qualifications are eligible to participate in the Certified Pre-Owned program

I'm going to call Maserati USA tomorrow to get the final answers...I'll post what I find. I'll be sure to get an email response for my "archive"

I don't think they offer an actual "extended warranty" in the US, but I think they do in other countries. It would be nice to know if this is on the horizon. Then I could have more options to purchase a nice pre-owned without the worries of warranty running out in a couple of years.