Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

European Delivery friendly dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Boo
Boo is infamous around these parts
European Delivery friendly dealers...

I am very interested in the upcoming C63, and would very much like to take European delivery on it around August/September of next year. Only problem is, from what I understand, AMG vehicles are typically not in the ED program, except for ones soon on there way out of production, so I'm not expecting the C63 to be either.

But I've read that ED is still possible on AMG cars if you find the right dealer willing to make special arrangements. Does anyone happen to know which dealers are friendly to the idea of European delivery on cars not on the program list?

Also, a few questions about ED. If I order and arrange ED with an out of state dealer, can I still have the car delivered to my local dealer when I drop it off at one of the drop off points in Europe? Or will they ship it to the dealer I ordered it from?

Also, I realize I would not be getting the 7% discount that the Euro delivery program cars enjoy, but would the other benefits of ED still apply, such as 1 night hotel, airport transportation, insurance, etc?

Thanks for any info.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I can answer a few of your questions, first off your correct, the C63 most likely will not be on the ED program. Any dealer can and should be able to set up ED on any car, its just the matter if they are willing to do the extra work. If they do it for you they would be taking the car from their normal allocation. I'm not sure about the ordering from one dealer and having it sent to another, I doubt a dealer would want to do this unless they are getting compensated for it. Its like buying the car from dealer A when they make the profit, and expecting dealer B to do all of the prep work for free.
As far as still getting the extra comps, from what I recall you would not be getting the extras. When I ordered the CLS, it wasn't on the ED list, and I wasn't getting any of the perks, luckily a month later it was added to the ED list and the discount along with no destination charge, hotel, and taxi fare was all thrown in.
My suggestion would be to contact your local dealer, and talk to a Manager, let them your very serious about ordering one. If you don't get anywhere with that, here is the number for the ED department, you can call them and maybe they can help you find a dealer that is willing to do the work.
800-243-3876

Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Boo
Boo is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback. Your excellent trip report pretty much made ED a must do for me. I think I'm more excited at the prospect of taking delivery in Europe and driving on the Autobahn and back roads of Italy and France with the C63 then I am of getting a new car lol. But anyhow I see one of our local dealers has a sales person dedicated to Euro delivery so it looks like I have a place to start! Thanks again for your help.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Your welcome, glad to hear my ED post was another sale for MBZ, two others have completed their ED trips just from reading my post, amazing!! Glad to hear the local dealer had a sales person for the ED, feel free to shoot me any questions along the way.