Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

modified amgs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
infamousdru is infamous around these parts
modified amgs

i was just curious to what times you guys with modified amgs were running on the 1/4..and what set up did u guys run it with

Old 10-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infamousdru
i was just curious to what times you guys with modified amgs were running on the 1/4..and what set up did u guys run it with
thats a broad question as there are many different AMG models, I had 2000 E55 that I just sold and it ran a best of 13.36@106.53mph, funny thing is my newest Mercedes is not an AMG but faster then most AMG's

Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 AM
yea i guess it was lol sorry....i was curious about the newer amg models like the 2004-present 55 and 65s

Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
yea i guess it was lol sorry....i was curious about the newer amg models like the 2004-present 55 and 65s
i dont qualify for your survey since i no longer own an AMG Benz, but my CL600 has run a best of 11.14@125

Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
my 03 E55 did mid 12s in the 1/4
my 04 E55 did low 11s in the 1/4 software tweek, HRE's and Exhaust
my 08 E63 wagon will do 10 in the 1/4 w/ all the mods and weight reduction

Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Marcus (Marcus Frost) just did a 12.1 (I left a little early, so I don't know if he had any better runs) with his 2005 E55 bone stock.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:59 PM
very niice....r any of u guys running these times with sliks or drag radials or are u just using regular tires

Old 10-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
very niice....r any of u guys running these times with sliks or drag radials or are u just using regular tires
I can't speak for Marcus, but it didn't look like he had anything too special for tires (they did look new though )

Old 10-28-2007, 07:05 PM
biturboamg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
funny thing is my newest Mercedes is not an AMG but faster then most AMG's
Most but not all

Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
my 08 E63 wagon will do 10 in the 1/4 w/ all the mods and weight reduction
I'll believe that when I see it. My 55 wagon is modified to the gills and I'm barely breaking into the 11's. Granted, i think I've got a slow wagon (all AMG cars vary a little from the factory), but 10's!?!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
I'll believe that when I see it. My 55 wagon is modified to the gills and I'm barely breaking into the 11's. Granted, i think I've got a slow wagon (all AMG cars vary a little from the factory), but 10's!?!

I think he could hit that number... after he removes ALL body panels, seats, sits on a milk crate, removes exhaust, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, he is just BS'n, that is the wifeys car. There is not a chance in hell she'd let him do all of that, maybe wheels and tint...but that is a stretch

Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
gotcha...that MTK...such a kidder.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
how come amg is doing all these n/a motors instead of keeping the supercharger on??? i.e. the 55 to the 63?

Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by biturboamg
Most but not all
haha.....still waiting for you to post some better numbers then a dyno sheet

Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
how come amg is doing all these n/a motors instead of keeping the supercharger on??? i.e. the 55 to the 63?
They are more expensive to make, unfortunately. They still make them, but you can only get them in the SL and G class, and who knows how long that will last.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: modified amgs