Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Maybach 62 Landaulet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough

Click on images for larger version

Maybach’s newest model has been revealed ahead of its world debut at the upcoming Dubai Motor Show in a couple of week’s time. The car is a new semi-convertible version of the 62 saloon that officials will be calling a concept, but a limited production run of just 20 examples is all but confirmed for early next year.

The new model is based on the current Maybach 62 but adopts a sliding roof over the rear compartment. Opening and closing the roof takes 16 seconds. The Landaulet design was made popular in the early part of the century and is basically a regular sedan with a fabric roof-center that can be folded away.
The car also gets a revised interior with a removable glass panel dividing the front and rear quarters. Appointments in the rear include white leather, piano lacquer and black granite surfaces.
The Maybach Landaulet study is powered by an uprated version of the V12 engine from the Maybach 62 S. Thanks to twin turbochargers and water intercooling, the V12 develops a maximum output of 612hp (450 kW) from its 6.0L of displacement. This is continuously available between 4,800 and 5,100rpm, and the engine also delivers its peak torque of 1,000Nm between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm.

Like all Maybach models, the Landaulet also shares many of its features with its Mercedes-Benz siblings including items such as the electronic air-suspension, voice-activation control and the COMAND interface system.

From http://www.motorauthority.com/news/c...-62-landaulet/

Old 11-04-2007, 07:22 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough

Click on images for larger version

Old 11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
psychowu is infamous around these parts
this is total pimp, now they just have to change the boring front

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Just plain awesome. A car made to be driven in.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
930Cruz is infamous around these parts
I'll take it in Black with the white leather. Hot lady chauffeur, and I'll see you at Monaco.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
mono2100 is infamous around these parts
very nice...

Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Pretty innovative!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:58 PM
porshaah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 4Thirty

Maybach’s newest model has been revealed ahead of its world debut at the upcoming Dubai Motor Show in a couple of week’s time. The car is a new semi-convertible version of the 62 saloon that officials will be calling a concept, but a limited production run of just 20 examples is all but confirmed for early next year.
The new model is based on the current Maybach 62 but adopts a sliding roof over the rear compartment. The Landaulet design was made popular in the early part of the century and is basically a regular sedan with a fabric roof-center that can be folded away. The car also gets a revised interior with a removable glass panel dividing the front and rear quarters. Power will come from the same 612hp V12 engine shared by the regular saloon.
A certain unscrupulous UK magazine has taken it upon itself to again leak photos ahead of their release date. Since we don’t agree with their behavior we won’t mention them by name, however it won’t be long until official pictures are out so stay tuned for full high-res shots.

looks sikkkkkkkkkkkk

Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 930Cruz
I'll take it in Black with the white leather. Hot lady chauffeur, and I'll see you at Monaco.
Dont forget your 108 foot Mangusta or Leopard yacht

Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
that will only be bought in the Middle East. they like over the top stuff like that

Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
PSS128 is infamous around these parts
The first time i saw this car.
i imagine myself sitting in it with all WHITE suit, holding a Cigar. and a glass of crystal on the cup holder.
hearing michael buble- what a wonderful life.
lol

Old 11-10-2007, 03:51 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
It matches perfect with my white jet and my white loafers. I may need this soon. Lol
Nice ride, i can see them all over dubai, although who would want to sit in the back and get soked by the sun. The best seat in that car is the cocoon the driver is in, up front.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
dumb way of spending money imo lol
looks disgusting

isnt moonroof enough? thats more than enough for me!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Why would you want that? Lamest thing I've seen, there's nothing worse than sitting in the back seat of a vert.
i would agree, if it wasn't for the fact that it is a modern version of the classic Landaulet.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alzilla300
I'd take the RR Drophead coupe in a heartbeat over this. Maybe the Maybach would look better in black though...
or the s-class cab, that car is just ridiculous and looks like somebody called bam margera to take away the roof.

stupid model

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maybach 62 Landaulet