Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Does anyone track their Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by B4TM4N
If you`re planning on using this for pure track, then you`re definately in the wrong forum because they generally are not meant for it unless you`re prepared to make some serious changes.
This is what I've been trying to say. If you want a street car that you want to do an occasional track event for fun with and still be able to daily drive it, a benz is not a bad choice. For what its worth, my clk55 runs 11.48 in the 1/4 with full interior and without the nitrous. It is not the best handling car out there but it held its own at a ferrari event at summit point. If you want a full blown track car look elsewhere. If you want something you can drive everyday, be comfortable, and drive it to the track whenever, a benz might not be a bad choice.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Get a Black Series CLK, otherwise they're mostly better suited for cruising.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Enigma M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
This is what I've been trying to say. If you want a street car that you want to do an occasional track event for fun with and still be able to daily drive it, a benz is not a bad choice. For what its worth, my clk55 runs 11.48 in the 1/4 with full interior and without the nitrous. It is not the best handling car out there but it held its own at a ferrari event at summit point. If you want a full blown track car look elsewhere. If you want something you can drive everyday, be comfortable, and drive it to the track whenever, a benz might not be a bad choice.
God bless Benz torque Those numbers are phenomenal in my opinion for 1/4 mile. My M3 does low to mid 12's at 116 or so.

Yeah I am or was looking for change in my price range. It seams that I will hold on to my car until a find a M5 or M6 to my liking for tack/daily driver.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by doccao
Get a Black Series CLK, otherwise they're mostly better suited for cruising.
good idea but way out of my price range though

Old 12-22-2007, 03:20 PM
ROCKETW19 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enigma M3
good idea but way out of my price range though
is that your blue M3 in your sig? if so keep that! I love that color.
I dont drive in circles so I cant say what car to get but I like AMG over any BMW looks wise.lol.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:31 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
IMO don't make any major decisions until you see and drive the new c63. This car just sounds like it will be amazing and while it is a bit heavier than the new m3( something like 196 I think but not sure) it has 20-30 more hp than the car to somewhat make up for it. It is quicker to 60 than the m3 and like BB has been saying if you take that car which will have enough power stock and give it a good suspension upgrade I would bet my money that you love it. I may be biased because I am eagerly waiting for the c63 and just love the look of it and have hated everything that bangle has done.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I don't think either the E55 nor the C63 would be ideal for the track... I have an SLK350 my dad puts on the track every chance he gets...

there he is being trailed by a long line of Porsches...

despite being competent Porsches are superior in so many ways...

Now as far as the Exige S, we had one at out last event, and from my point of view it left a lot to be desired, maybe a Cayman S would be a better choice...

here is my dad trailing me in his Cayman S...

much better don't you think?

Want a street car that you can track decently buy a Porsche period...

but in our group 2 a SC M3 always kicks butt so maybe tweeking the M3 more could be answer too...

naahhh, buy the Porsche...

Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frissen
I don't think either the E55 nor the C63 would be ideal for the track... I have an SLK350 my dad puts on the track every chance he gets...

Now as far as the Exige S, we had one at out last event, and from my point of view it left a lot to be desired, maybe a Cayman S would be a better choice...

but in our group 2 a SC M3 always kicks butt so maybe tweeking the M3 more could be answer too...

+1 no brainer

Old 12-24-2007, 10:27 AM

Very well said but havent driven the cayman and i feel it would a step below my already SC m3. I have consistently pulled much better times that cayman s at tracks at IL. Viable option but i think i rather have a used 997s personally than a new cayman s.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
IMO don't make any major decisions until you see and drive the new c63. This car just sounds like it will be amazing and while it is a bit heavier than the new m3( something like 196 I think but not sure) it has 20-30 more hp than the car to somewhat make up for it. It is quicker to 60 than the m3 and like BB has been saying if you take that car which will have enough power stock and give it a good suspension upgrade I would bet my money that you love it. I may be biased because I am eagerly waiting for the c63 and just love the look of it and have hated everything that bangle has done.

I totally agree I too am waiting to drive it. They say it one of the first very good handlind benz out of the box. I am definetly interested and on standby...

Bangle does have issues. His designs are too futuristic. Then again all the cars grow on me after a little exposure. I used to dislike 745, m5, and lil m6 but now i dig them. The new e92 m3 is yet to grow on me.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
is that your blue M3 in your sig? if so keep that! I love that color.
I dont drive in circles so I cant say what car to get but I like AMG over any BMW looks wise.lol.
Yeah thats my M3. I love the car maybe was getting a little bored with it when started this thread but seem to be changing my mind to keep it.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
MoeMonney is infamous around these parts
Post Pics Of Your Blue M3!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by MoeMonney
Post Pics Of Your Blue M3!!!!
http://didraceengineering.com/gallery/01_bmw_m3.htm

Old 12-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Latest Top Gear C63 vs E92 m3 and RS4.

Which answered a few questions for me maybe some for you guys too.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103335

Old 12-25-2007, 04:58 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
LOL @ relating a SLK350 to a C63 Not a very good comparison. Thats like comparing a 325i vert with an M3 sedan!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone track their Benz