Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Does anyone track their Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Enigma M3 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone track their Benz

Like the title mentions. I currently have a SC e46 m3 and track it a handful of times during the season here in the midwest-I love the car. But I am thinking about purchasing a a used E55 or new c63. Benz' have not been known handling great -generally speaking. What do you guys think?

Old 12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Are you talking roadcourse or 1/4 mile? I have done both. I'm assuming you mean roadcourse. If you're buying a car strictly for roadcourse use you arent choosing the best bang for the buck. I think the C63 will be a decent/good roadcourse car with some mods. Cant wait to test drive one!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
B4TM4N is infamous around these parts
I'm a newb, but I started tracking this year for the first time. It's a 6MT SLK 280 and it manages to do alright with a few of the cars on track. The course I started on is predominantly a bike track though. It's not a highspeed track and has more curves than anything. This of course means you're bound to find a lot of the JDM rides there.

Also, this makes it a good place to learn because as Enigma M3 mentions, Benz generally do lack on the curves. What better place than to start where the weakness lies?

Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
i meant road course but thanks for the responses gentleman. Getting a little bored with the m3 and was thinking of another car that could take its place in my price range. I love my car but been using it as a daily driver for 4 years now and track car so a little bored. Blackbenz how does your car do in the twisties?

Old 12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
keep the m3 dude, and get yourself an elise as a track toy

Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Enigma M3
i meant road course but thanks for the responses gentleman. Getting a little bored with the m3 and was thinking of another car that could take its place in my price range. I love my car but been using it as a daily driver for 4 years now and track car so a little bored. Blackbenz how does your car do in the twisties?
I think it does very well for a street car. Its is by no means a track prepped car. It has KW v.2's and Brembo BBK. The kleemann stuff helps erase any time lost in the twisties

Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
They handle like boats on a track

Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 PM
really... maybe i will stay with my sc m3 than

Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by eshaun
keep the m3 dude, and get yourself an elise as a track toy
It seems as i will after thinking about my options

Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Stay with your M3, or else you will realize HOW MUCH YOU MISS IT, especially going to a benz. I missed mine and going to a modded 996TT!

Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Stay with your M3, or else you will realize HOW MUCH YOU MISS IT, especially going to a benz. I missed mine and going to a modded 996TT!
Really you still do? I remember bugging you about it on the other forums some time back about your old ILL m3. It had a wicked exhaust note all Super sprint headers back if i remember correctly. I finally got supercharged about a year love it but been a little bored with it then again i haven't driven since snow fell here in chi town and am having withdrawal issues. Thanks for the advice.

What about maybe getting a used e60 m5/m6 instead of benz boat?-no offense guys

Old 12-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I like how everyone knocks on a benz without having driven a modded one.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I like how everyone knocks on a benz without having driven a modded one.
This is true but your are the only that has any positives about tracking a Benz so far. I am curious to any positives and more input.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I miss the hell out of it still to this day, even since I had pos little headaches dare I say I miss it she. It was blown too?

I love m3's even stock still, they are just fantastic make no mistake about it, especially lightened up a little and with a sick suspension setup mmmm!

I know how you feel, believe it or not I feel the same about my modded Gt2, felt the same way about my turbo and other cars when I said before buying them I will never grow bored of them, its life :/

Go for the m5 if anything, I am getting one as a new daly, the motor/ suspension stock is just awesome, my friend who owns several Ferraris took me for. Ride in his with exhaust and it was mind blowing what a sedan can perform like!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:08 PM
B4TM4N is infamous around these parts
It's true, most Benz do feel like boats on track. But as blackbenz said, nobody talks about modded ones.

If you take an SLK 55 and throw on KW V3, RE01R and get on a treadmill, it should be pretty good run against an M3.

Sure I can't take a curve nearly as late or as tight as an elise or an S2K, but when the straights roll in, there`s certainly enough power and torque to keep you in fair game.

Give it a try and see if it`s your thing. The best part is, it makes an awesome daily driver too.

If you`re planning on using this for pure track, then you`re definately in the wrong forum because they generally are not meant for it unless you`re prepared to make some serious changes.

I wanna know what happens in the end! SC M3 is siiickk!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone track their Benz