Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:00 AM
dilancer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AJ_AZ
still for sale there too.
Hmm I'm guessing its this one.

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM
AJ_AZ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dilancer
Hey there, your probably talking about Bob, hes a good friend of mine. He owns a black conv. and a silver coupe. You're from La Crescenta too? I live on Pennsylvania. I'm thinking about getting some exotic car guys togeather one of these days, around town. I'll let you know.

!

one of each! didnt they make only 100 verts total?

Old 12-16-2007, 01:08 PM
dilancer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AJ_AZ
!

one of each! didnt they make only 100 verts total?
Yeah 100 each.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:34 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
I had no idea about the performance of the car. Keeping up with an Enzo is crazy enough but being able to pull on one or beat one is pretty insane. I love the car but that price is just nuts...

Old 12-16-2007, 04:18 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Guys, it's not actively for sale. A friend of mine just opened that shop and he asked if he could list it in his inventory. I said sure, just price it accordingly. To the guy who said you could get one imported and federalized for $300k...no fookin way. And to put the price in perspective..people are currently spending $550+ for a 599GTB. Given the choice between a 599 and a DTM (100 Coupes and 80 Cabs total production), I'd go with the DTM without a doubt. And certainly given the choice between a DTM and an LP640, SLR, or CGT...I'd choose the DTM.

and you my friend....
Originally Posted by IIVVX
it's an automatic CLK with a big motor. if that's what you are looking for the BS will suffice.
have NO idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-16-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
After seeing this unholy machine in person and then getting the ride of my life in this....THING...all I can say is. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, what a beast! I'd never experienced anything like it and I want more..and more...and more! Thanks Ben for giving me an life altering experience. This was better than being on speed. They oughta use this car for an anti-drug advertisement.

Pictures of the beasty ride!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
My pleasure Jason, It's always fun to hear a grown man (who is used to some pretty fast cars) giggle like a schoolgirl under wide open throttle.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
and you my friend....

have NO idea what you're talking about.
then by all means enlighten me.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Or you could do the work yourself if you're so inclined...google is your friend.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
This car really deserves no explanation. It speaks for itself. If you don't like it, that is your own opinion, but the car is true automotive magic.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Or you could do the work yourself if you're so inclined...google is your friend.
you're the one calling me out. you tell me why it's so special.

the way i see it...582HP/590TQ, 3850LBS. 0-60 3.9/vmax 200. good numbers yes but it's not 575K special to me. it's a heavily modded CLK any way you slice it. you would obviously have one over an F40, CGT, CTR3 etc. but i am willing to bet most would not. for me, exclusiveness aside, it just doesn't pull on the heart strings. i don't see it having the character, the soul of a proper exotic. on top of all of this it has an auto tranny.

you are considering selling it now, if you regard it so highly why is that?

Old 12-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm not considering selling it...if I was given the right money, I'd move on. I've experienced the car. I've had my fun. But I'm not going to sell it just because.

If you want to go off the numbers (and the fact that it's an automatic) and derive how much a car is worth based on that alone, then you and I have very different collecting philosophies. Agree to disagree.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
If you want to go off the numbers (and the fact that it's an automatic) and derive how much a car is worth based on that alone, then you and I have very different collecting philosophies. Agree to disagree.
i don't derive a cars worth based solely on it's numbers but i can't figure out what you are referring to when you tell me i have no idea what i am talking about? do you simply collect cars that are very limited in production? to each his own i suppose.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Have you driven this car, what makes you the expert on it's value/performance?

If Surfer wants to spend $300k on the DTM than that's his perogative, he owns the car therefore he must really like it and preferred it over the others you mentioned, quit being a jealous little *****

Christian

Originally Posted by IIVVX
i don't derive a cars worth based solely on it's numbers but i can't figure out what you are referring to when you tell me i have no idea what i am talking about? do you simply collect cars that are very limited in production? to each his own i suppose.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
Have you driven this car, what makes you the expert on it's value/performance?

If Surfer wants to spend $300k on the DTM than that's his perogative, he owns the car therefore he must really like it and preferred it over the others you mentioned, quit being a jealous little *****

Christian
read the thread dbag, he called me out. i don't think its 575K special and he does, i would like to know why i am "wrong" and who better to tell me than an owner...but that does not seem to be forthcoming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!