Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IIVX
i don't derive a cars worth based solely on it's numbers but i can't figure out what you are referring to when you tell me i have no idea what i am talking about?
I'm referring to you dumbing down a Mercedes CLK DTM by calling it an automatic Mercedes with a big engine. Isn't that what an SLR is too .

Originally Posted by IIVVX
do you simply collect cars that are very limited in production? to each his own i suppose
Yes, as a matter of fact, the combination of exclusivity and performance is what I look for in most of my cars.

Originally Posted by IIVVX
i don't think its 575K special and he does, i would like to know why i am "wrong" and who better to tell me than an owner...but that does not seem to be forthcoming.
Why is anything worth anything? Why are Lamborghini Miuras now selling for almost 1mil.? Why do people pay half a million dollars for Mopar cars? It's a stupid argument man. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The DTM is an extremely limited production car that is one of the best performing street cars ever. I'm not interested in trying to convince anyone what it's worth, although I do feel that it's appropriately valued.

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-16-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
I'm referring to you dumbing down a Mercedes CLK DTM by calling it an automatic Mercedes with a big engine. Isn't that what an SLR is too .
point well taken. i agree that was uncalled for. sorry.

Yes, as a matter of fact, the combination of exclusivity and performance is what I look for in most of my cars.
good enough.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you have personal experience with the car you don't know what you talking about as far as value.
Do you go and justify all the muscle cars that was sold for millions at Barrett Jackson.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Thanks for the new avatar Ben!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Thanks for the new avatar Ben!
Hey! I took those pictures, not Ben. You should be thanking me..

To those naysayers, all I can say is that you guys haven't experienced the DTM yet. This car made a believer out of me. I think it's the first time I'd ridden in a "supercar" that actually lives up to its name.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
Hey! I took those pictures, not Ben. You should be thanking me..

To those naysayers, all I can say is that you guys haven't experienced the DTM yet. This car made a believer out of me. I think it's the first time I'd ridden in a "supercar" that actually lives up to its name.

I know... I followed the picture URL to your site. Checked a few out, and this one will suffice for the time being. But let me say, you have given me much ammo for the near future You take some great photography!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
ok ben! when's my turn? =) my boxster doesn't make me giggle like a school girl and i like to laughhhhhhh! lol!

at least i get the pleasure of driving beside or following you and then cracking up at how you sound like a jet flying by when you pass me! =)

Old 12-16-2007, 10:26 PM
htran16 is infamous around these parts
And certainly given the choice between a DTM and an LP640, SLR, or CGT...I'd choose the DTM.
have you driven the other cars? b/c thats a pretty bold statement. besides the performance of the DTM, i would rather the other cars b/c for the amount of money you're spending atleast your car won't look similar to every other housewife car out there. oh and you mind me asking how old are you? you look like a teenager in some pics. (not really a teenager but pretty young)

Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by htran16
have you driven the other cars? b/c thats a pretty bold statement. besides the performance of the DTM, i would rather the other cars b/c for the amount of money you're spending atleast your car won't look similar to every other housewife car out there. oh and you mind me asking how old are you? you look like a teenager in some pics. (not really a teenager but pretty young)

Old 12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I've driven an LP, and driven with people hammering the other two alongside me. I've spent plenty of time in and around lots of nice cars. Bold statement or not, it's what I think. And yes, I'm a teenager. A housewife and a teenager.

Rock on.

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-16-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Ok... what does his age have anything to do with this? You're rather young yourself, being in your early 20's, I ask you, have you ever driven any of those cars?

By the way,

Because he can.... maybe the guy likes it like that. In his eyes it looks good.
Ben has the ability to own quite a few nice vehicles, and will continue to own some very rare bad *** rides. The CLK DTM does not look like any "housewife" car. And if you continue to think it does, I kindly request you take a look at a regular CLK and compare it to the DTM.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
htran16 is infamous around these parts
wow the attacks came quick didn't they? damn jimbo even doing research on me huh?

and whats wrong with me askin his age? he looks young w/ some high end cars. im not doubting him or anything. and i don't need to look at a regular clk. i know the difference. it was just my opinion. not once did i dis surfer. and no i haven't driven any of these cars. so? i never said i did. i never said one is faster or performed better than the other.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 PM
i know the difference.
yes, you clearly know the difference...a DTM being mistaken for "every other housewife car"

Forget about it man, just like with IIVX, let's agree to disagree.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:07 PM
wow the attacks came quick didn't they? damn jimbo even doing research on me huh?

and whats wrong with me askin his age? he looks young w/ some high end cars. im not doubting him or anything. and i don't need to look at a regular clk. i know the difference. it was just my opinion. not once did i dis surfer. and no i haven't driven any of these cars. so? i never said i did. i never said one is faster or performed better than the other.

Nobody attacked you, just simply responding to your intelligent post.

Since you haven't driven the cars, how could you give a comparison between them?

Forget it, this is pointless, I've tried teaching Stevie Wonder how to read, and that didn't work, and this is not going to be any different....

Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Haven't you heard? Ben's a 500 year old Jedi **** star.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!