Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
htran16 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bronto
Jesus, some people must have their viganas full of sand. cool down a little, silversurfer is a cool guy.
you guys need to take surfer's dick out of your mouth. he can speak for himself. and yes, i am extremely jealous of people over the internet .

Old 12-17-2007, 01:22 PM
shellx is infamous around these parts
Then why do you find it upon yourself to have to finger his butthole every 5 minutes?

Originally Posted by htran16
you guys need to take surfer's dick out of your mouth. he can speak for himself. and yes, i am extremely jealous of people over the internet .

Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by htran16

Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Wow what a thread. Ben, I love your car, you know that and you also own my favorite car hah. But to say it has nothing in common with a CLK is just incorrect. It IS the CLK platform, which the DTM racing car initially used that the DTM AMG in turn used. Different engine, different chassis, brakes, interior, exterior, suspension, aerodynamics, etc. Better car in probably ever way possible. BUT still a CLK fundamentally. There's nothing wrong with being a CLK fundamentally either. You can buy a 599 for DTM money so the name branding obviously means nothing tho whomever buys a DTM, so the CLK badging should not mean anything in the opposite way. And for what it's worth, I think an RUF is a Porsche. I don't call a Dinan M3 a Dinan. I call it a BMW. I'll call a DTM a Mercedes though. Not a CLK. Or just call it my *****.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Still a CLK fundamentally because it shares the badge, chassis, and a few body parts..yes. But not much else. It's not about being concerned with the brand...it's about edumucating. But for those who want to argue (as opposed to debate) and name call, I'll gladly step aside.

A Ruf is not a Porsche. Dinan doesn't have their manufacturer's license. Ruf does. Apple meet orange.

Can't we all get along?

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-18-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by silversurfer
Still a CLK fundamentally because it shares the badge, chassis, and a few body parts..yes. But not much else. It's not about being concerned with the brand...it's about edumucating. But for those who want to argue (as opposed to debate) and name call, I'll gladly step aside.

A Ruf is not a Porsche. Dinan doesn't have their manufacturer's license. Ruf does. Apple meet orange.

Can't we all get along?
Yeah it's obviously far from a CLK500 with a body kit or whatever was said. Dude I'm not disagreeing with you haha, I'll take that car off of your hands anytime you question it's brilliance. And yes I'd buy this car over many exotics as well if I had the cash.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
You right Jimbo. Teaching some of these guys about DTM is harder than teaching Stevie Wonder how to drive.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned
Kevin2772 is infamous around these parts
I swear, every thread I've read about this exact car has turned into this......

...by all these comparisons, where does the CLK-GTR rank as a Mercedes CLK? Is that just one as well? Why is everyone so quick to try and talk down a car? Its like saying all the 911TT are just carreras.

I happen to love the DTM, especially for its exclusivity. He has less of a chance at showing up to a car meet and seeing his exact car as any of the Enzo owners. Does this make the car better? No, but some people find alot of value in that fact alone. Just talk to Jim Glickenhaus over on Ferrari Chat. He paid millions over the price of a car for a 1 off from an Enzo....but is his car just an enzo?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ashokn225
And for what it's worth, I think an RUF is a Porsche. I don't call a Dinan M3 a Dinan. I call it a BMW. I'll call a DTM a Mercedes though. Not a CLK. Or just call it my *****.

As Ben pointed out, Ruf is a manufacturer (A true Ruf car not a conversion will have a Ruf vin) No dinan modified BMW will ever have a Dinan Vin because they don't exist. You're comparing a tuner to a manufacturer.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
This thread is hysterical.

It really shows how some of us value cars. Some of us want the exclusivity, the performance, the charisma and chemistry, the total package. While others just seem concerned with the image and recognition and status. Cool.

Good luck with the car, Ben, in whatever you decide to do.*

*But hopefully it doesn't sell so I can cop a ride this Spring. Cheers.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by silversurfer

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
AMEN BROTHER.

I've never understood why people complain about how cars depreciate, or pricing for a car. The car,watch,house,boat,jet,hooker,blow,whatever is priceless if you can afford it when you want it.

One of my closest friend owns a CLK-DTM. I actually took delivery of it since he was on vacation. It's a great car. My only gripe would be a fast paddle shifter gear box. Something fast as a Ferrari F1 box would be nice, but I'd take an Aston level box as well.

I own a BS , how does it compare? The DTM is simply just more violent.

Cheers

Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Paul N
My only gripe would be a fast paddle shifter gear box. Something fast as a Ferrari F1 box would be nice, but I'd take an Aston level box as well.
Completely agree...would love a more advanced gearbox in the car but I think that's the only thing that I'd change.

Thanks for the thoughts guys...I'm glad that this forum has many people that share (or can identify with) my line of thinking. Definitely my favorite online enthusiast community by far.

Last edited by silversurfer; 12-19-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
So what if it's a C-Class. It's VERY common for elite german cars to have lower performance base models beneath it. BMW Has done it for decades, as have Porsche, VW and Mercedes. This is nothing new.

Having the privilege of being WOT and having this this rare gem of a car scream past me like I was moving in reverse, I wouldn't care if it was based on a Geo Prizm if the outcome were the same.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Signal-9 is infamous around these parts
all I really care about is surfer's avatar!

anyways, would love to hook up with you all in seattle some time, been missing having a fast ride ever since moving to Vancouver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uhh oh someone is selling their CLK DTM??!